Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Never Again!
By madashell11

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

where to start...hmmm 2007 4 dr cobalt , parts going after 3 mnths transmission synchro mesh No it is not my driving, suspension all of it replaced , battery has died, starter once , brakes are all kinds of messed up stabilizing link pooched ...worst car ever owned had a 500 $ car once that was more reliable!

No favorite features ,the console is poorly designed too too cramped everything is stuffed into a small area.

Did you even test drive these things? I was raised a chevy girl but now my next purchase will be a ford! Thanks for nothing

Excellent car
By bloodytrenches

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 07 cobalt LS auto-trans in 09 with 40K miles as a bank repo. Today it has 105K. Ive never had to have major work done. The most expensive repairs have been the front wheel bearings 200-300. The passenger one went out a couple years ago and just now the drivers side is going. I've had quite a few wheel alignments but not in the past 2 years since took it back to the machanic since it was still out of alignment. The tires still don't wear evenly, but I am rough on cars and the roads I drive on are terrible. When it rains or snows I slide easily at the stop sign, but no issues on the road as long as I don't speed. Oh I forgot, something went wrong with my radio after a car hit me

No major repairs needed. I like the look, it has enough room, a larger trunk than my 02 hyundai, and its held up excellent to my abusive driving. I think its comfortable. My fiance doesn't. He says it all feels too plasticy. I've driven it on avg 15k a year and it is still in excellent running condition. The exterior not so much. I've have one fender bender, and someone back into my right side. The passenger side doors had to be replaced. I hit curbs and giant rocks with the wheels and I'm shocked I haven't totalled it. Its an amazing car.

It would be awesome if the "basic" models came with automatic door locks and an arm rest. Automatic windows would be a bonus. I'm not sure what is wrong with the radio. After a car backed to both of the passenger side doors I noticed my driver side speaker didn't work all the time. I think this happened in 2010. Since then only the rear passenger side speaker works. The radio also glitches. Sometimes if I use the tuning nob it will change stations sparatically. the digital lights have went screwy twice in the last 6 months. This all could also be due to a front end wreck that happened a year before. Still, I would recommend this car.

I HATE this car!!
By madwomanraving

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it brand new off the lot with 3 miles on it in 2007. It is now 2012, it has 137,000 miles on it. As soon as the warranty was up..BOOM clutch went out. I got it repaired at a lovely 1200.00 and 2 years later...it's out again...replaced it AGAIN another 1200.00 and the next year...transmission goes. Long story short..I am currently installing the FOURTH clutch on this car and it has it's 3rd transmission installed. Apparently there is a little secret with the defective Syncros and the fact that the MORONS at GM used ATF in my Manual Trans vehicle due to a design flaw that has a smaller hole for the fluid to go through. GM this car sucks & I will NEVER buy one or recommend one.

The mps is good

Recall the Transmission and fix the issues.

Good for the first 30K
By billyblurst

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car because it was the right price. 6 months after the purchase date, the gearbox had to be taken-apart. Within a year and a half from the purchase date, a control arm bushing, wheel bearing, and the catalytic converter had to be replaced. Yesterday, the check engine light came on. Again. Do yourself a favour and spend a little extra coin from the get-go, because if you buy a Cobalt it'll cost you the same as a Charger or a Crown Vic in the long-run, but all you'll have in the end is a Cobalt.

Decent pick-up. When it runs.

The interior is a joke. Everything is made out of the cheapest plastic imaginable. The passenger side mirror has been in the glove box since breaking off in the first week of ownership. Also, this car was specifically designed, apparently, to have the most horrendous blind spots as possible. You either have to lean forward [like, head past the top of the steering wheel] at stop lights to check for pedestrians who may be crossing, or risk hitting them.

[violative content deleted]
By morganchay

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

When I first got this car I loved it, super cheap on gas, smooth ride... but slowly problems become nothing but common. When I fuel up I have to push my gas pedal as I start my car, even though it is a fuel injected car... Just recently when I started my car out of nowhere it was idling as if it was a diesel engine vehicle and it definitively is not a diesel engine. As well as it has barely any power and has trouble getting up to speed. Most people have told me it could be lifters, transmission, or timing belt. My car does have a lot of mileage and I know with a lot of mileage comes issues but these issues are all to common with other Cobalts. If anyone has a solution it would be appreciated

Great gas mileage.

I think that GM could have made this car more dependable and better quality.