Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Reliable and sporty
By jeaninmt

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought used with 30,000. Put on 150,000 miles. We live in Montana and it winters well. Its gone through 3 brake jobs but no other repairs. Mpg on highway mid 30 mpg, less in winter. Not made for gravel roads which we live on. The wheels go out of balance easily with mud and dirt or snow build up. It's not a car for teaching kids to drive as the steering is a little too quick. Trunk is tight to get a cooler in. A small kids bike will go in.
It's amazing in parking lots and great for quick acceleration to get on the freeway.

It comes in orange! Its been very reliable for us. It's a 65 mile trip to town so it's mostly highway miles and does well.

Definitely better brakes. A couple more inches on the trunk door opening would have made life a lot easier for hauling groceries in and out. At about 150,000 miles the trip computer seemed to lose reliability, showing up to 42 mpg with no changes in driving or anything.

Expensive Mistake
By cmbear

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car used with 10k miles.
Loved it at first, then the it revealed its' true colors.
I have replaced the wheel bearings, sway bars, control arms and bushings three times.
The second time the repair was under warranty.
The first and third were quite expensive.
Additionally, the inside door handles have peeled.
I have just paid it off and am ready to get rid of this monster.
Learned my lesson.
Chevy won't get my business again.

So DONE with Chevys
By samaochoa

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I haven't had any huge major probs happen, other than the 2 recalls fuel pump and power steering pumps, which Chevy fixed.
I have had lots of electrical probs, the wire burnt up on the blower motor, I fixed that and now my ac/heater is stuck in defrost, it will go hot and cold and you hear the compressor kicking on and off, but its stuck in defrost.
Its always small things, but Im done.
I only owe $600 on the damn thing and a trade in is in the near future.
I loved my cavalier, never had a prob that's why I traded it in for a cobalt and probs since day 1

Never Again!
By madashell11

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

where to start...hmmm 2007 4 dr cobalt , parts going after 3 mnths transmission synchro mesh No it is not my driving, suspension all of it replaced , battery has died, starter once , brakes are all kinds of messed up stabilizing link pooched ...worst car ever owned had a 500 $ car once that was more reliable!

No favorite features ,the console is poorly designed too too cramped everything is stuffed into a small area.

Did you even test drive these things? I was raised a chevy girl but now my next purchase will be a ford! Thanks for nothing

Excellent car
By bloodytrenches

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 07 cobalt LS auto-trans in 09 with 40K miles as a bank repo. Today it has 105K. Ive never had to have major work done. The most expensive repairs have been the front wheel bearings 200-300. The passenger one went out a couple years ago and just now the drivers side is going. I've had quite a few wheel alignments but not in the past 2 years since took it back to the machanic since it was still out of alignment. The tires still don't wear evenly, but I am rough on cars and the roads I drive on are terrible. When it rains or snows I slide easily at the stop sign, but no issues on the road as long as I don't speed.
Oh I forgot, something went wrong with my radio after a car hit me

No major repairs needed. I like the look, it has enough room, a larger trunk than my 02 hyundai, and its held up excellent to my abusive driving. I think its comfortable. My fiance doesn't. He says it all feels too plasticy. I've driven it on avg 15k a year and it is still in excellent running condition. The exterior not so much. I've have one fender bender, and someone back into my right side. The passenger side doors had to be replaced. I hit curbs and giant rocks with the wheels and I'm shocked I haven't totalled it. Its an amazing car.

It would be awesome if the "basic" models came with automatic door locks and an arm rest. Automatic windows would be a bonus. I'm not sure what is wrong with the radio. After a car backed to both of the passenger side doors I noticed my driver side speaker didn't work all the time. I think this happened in 2010. Since then only the rear passenger side speaker works. The radio also glitches. Sometimes if I use the tuning nob it will change stations sparatically. the digital lights have went screwy twice in the last 6 months. This all could also be due to a front end wreck that happened a year before. Still, I would recommend this car.