2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Power Steering motor recall
By Carol on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I noticed steering issues with my 2007 LS Cobalt. The dealership replaced it at no cost to me since there was a recall. It has made a huge difference in the feeling of control when I'm driving. I don't drive much so I wasn't sure if I was just imagining this lack of control or not but I feel a lot safer now.

I can't wait get a new car
By tiredofthispos on 10/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My parents got the cobalt for me 3 yrs ago as my 1st car. I wanted a jetta. I have had numerous problems. After 6 mo:shift nob got really loose, automatic Windows randomly go out. I have taken the car to the dealer 3x and it still does this. After 1 yr:fuel pump died, the int. Handle bubbled up. After 2 yrs:sun visor mirror cover and a defroster vent broke off. All but 1 speaker has gone out, a seat belt that is rarely used broke, turning signal stopped making clicking noise. I have taken my car to the dealer numerous times. The nob and handle were fixed. The warranty would not fix:speakers, vents, visor. Had to pay $130 just to see if it would cover the seat belt; it didn't. Windows still don't work.

Love the car minus fueling issues.
By Gas Cap Sad on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bough this car used (with very little mileage) for it's afford-ability and safety reviews. It is important to note Cobalts are smaller cars, but for your average sized woman it fits my just fine. Love the car, the only issue I've had has to do with fueling. The check in code suggest I replace my gas cap. Then it worked for about a month and it's back on. So now anytime I fuel up the car stalls. I have a mechanic friend looking into it but apparently it could be the pressure gauge. This car also was recalled but the power steering issue is only if your going under 15 miles an hour. It's easily corrected by speeding up a little.

Got a Good One
By Mike on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The longer I have my Cobalt, the more I appreciate it. I bought a basic LS model at the end of 2007 to get me to and from work. I have a 60 mile commute daily and it just doesn't make sense to wear out a high-priced car so quickly. My car has 49K miles and only one thing has had to be repaired: a wire in the engine compartment that powers the daytime running lights flexed to much and broke. That's it. The steering column and power steering motor was replaced under the recall, but I never had any steering issues. I do the maintenance on the car myself, which is very simple and inexpensive. The car is comfortable and handles well. Best commuter car purchase I could have made.

So far, so good
By Carol on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2007 Cobalt LS when it was approx. 1.6 yrs. old. I was very nervous about buying a NA car and it took me about twenty-five years to buy another one. So far, I've been very happy with my car. I'm very proud of it's appearance. I don't expect it to be completely problem free now, but so far I have just had the oil changed. The dealership has been very good to me. I'm okay with the standard door locks...less to go wrong...and I'm not in a hurry. If this one does well, I will buy another NA car. I love the way the back end of this car looks. For the money...it's been great.

Great Gas mileage, Nice Car
By Persephone on 09/06/10 06:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for 2 years. It is very reliable, great on gas. I drive both a lot of city and Highway miles. I avg. 34-35 mpg on the hwy @ 55-60 mph. 32-33 mpg @ 65-75 mph. City avg 28-29 mpg. I noticed a prior owner complained of the steering shake. Mine had that too until someone mentioned that is loose bearings. I had it serviced (not too expensive); problem solved. I had to replace the shocks and struts (warranty covered) but then I do a lot of driving in bad road conditions (Lots of potholes and uneven pavement). Always liked this car - my husband just found the same model and year with 23,000 miles for $10,900 and is buying it this week.

My Review
By Rachel on 08/23/10 19:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the worst car I have ever driven. Been in the shop more than 4 times. Air conditioner flooded passenger side floor board. Radiator had to be replaced, head gasket replaced and told I need a new engine. Steering wheel shakes when you get over 55 mph and shakes when I slow down. Fuel system sucks. Oil and fuel meter in car not accurate. I will never buy from Chevy again after owning this piece of junk car. Don't buy a Chevy cobalt!

Good car for the money.
By Roy "Rocky" Cathcart on 08/07/10 04:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car for my daughter, who was on her way to college. This vehicle has served us well, and looks like it will take us to graduation day. After graduation it will probably go to another member of the family who needs a good - serviceable - and economic automobile. We keep up with the maintenance schedule, and have it detailed (inside and out) every spring. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a good quality car in that price range.

Worst Car we've ever had.
By colemyst on 07/03/10 13:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Three years old 6000 miles on it and this is what we got. Continual noises, squeaking, chirping, clicking, grinding squealing noises, taillight filled with moisture, shifting stick slips, steering column needed to be change twice, power steering motor needs to be change - now recalled, bushings replaced, surge tank faulty, list goes on. The car probably won't. Car still has noises even after mechanics works on it, saying it was fixed. HA They must be trained to say it because they all do don't they?

Junk!
By usereks1187 on 06/09/10 08:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought car when it was one year old, spent so much time in shop I got a second car so I had something to drive. All the interior trim has broken the front end has pretty much fallen apart steering is awful had many transmission problems. Dealership service along with GM customer service is the worst I have ever seen. Do yourself a favor and a big headache get something other then GM.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.