2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews 2

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
do yourself a favor and stay away
By don'tbuy on 01/08/10 08:41 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new and it has been in the shop more and for longer periods of time than ANY other car I have owned. I am picking it up again today from the dealership after the transmission was rebuilt at 10,788 miles. There is a water leak that they have yet to find and the car smells like mold. They want me to bring it back when the new carpet they ordered for it comes in! this has been an ongoing thing since early last summer with the mold. The first time they just sprayed something in the vents. there is standing water in the trunk wheel well.

Sick Car!
By nateo on 11/17/09 15:03 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

If you put the money into your car like the intake system, big spoiler, tires and rims, and alarm system is very cool and fun to drive. I have only had a few problems but easy to fix. I hate the headlights though, very tough to replace!

Cobalt
By Cobalt on 11/14/09 13:17 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

So far a good car. Has 60k on it now. Good MPG. About 30mpg avg. Nice looking car. Boring interior. Would recommend getting higher model with power opts. Dislike the cup holders. Way to big. Drinks spill all the time when turning. Dislike where the seat adjustments are. Hard to reach while in the car. Great car, fun being a 5- speed. Peppy 2.2L ecotec motor. Just take care of it, and it will do the same. Like any car! =)

Peice of junk
By bart18n on 11/11/09 19:13 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Everything seems to be falling apart day by day. Brakes have been replaced 3 times in two years. Front stabilizer bar has been replaced twice and I live in a city. new rattles every day that are impossible to pinpoint as they come from everything from the back panels in the back seat to the suspension to sun visors! went over a bump and the housing for the sunroof button just fell out of the headliner. Thankfully everything has been replaced under warranty except for brakes which is a big concern because they are quite expensive to replace if you have to replace them twice a year! only good things is the stereo which always sounds awesome and can really pound and the engine its self

Great Car
By Matt on 11/08/09 02:55 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Cobalt for 2 years now and I have yet to have a problem out of it. Ive put performance parts on it as well as a body kit and rims and I drive it like I stole it every time I drive. I have the 5-speed manual transmission and I change the oil every 2500 miles. The car is great I have never had any problems from anything to do with the engine or transmission. I had a problem with the radio but it was covered under warranty and fixed the next day. I would recommend the car to anyone. If your into performance and style its great there are tons of parts and they are easy to install. The 2.2L is a great engine and runs like a champ with plenty of power to go around.

Buy only if your in it for the long haul
By turbofiat on 09/29/09 16:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is a good little car but I wouldn't buy one unless your in it for the long haul. If you want something that's good on gas, fun to drive and cheap, the Cobalt is a good choice but I wouldn't buy a GM product unless I planned on keeping it for 10 years. It's poor resale value overwhelms the cost of paying it off. Overall it's a well built car but the plastic interior is a bit cheap. Also don't slam the glove box or it will crack at the opener like mine did.

start saving now for monthy for repairs
By SCsCrazyItalian on 08/25/09 18:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very fun to drive and has a cute body, but those are about the only good things I have to say about the car. In the very few months I have had the car I have had; the breaks replaced, had to buy a new battery and have had the whole gear shift unit replaced. It is not practical at all. There is no space what so ever in the back seat. The inside paint scratches way too easily and the stereo razzes very easily. Over all just not a practical car. Oh and if you get one with a fin on the back forget about rear visibility.

I wanted a safe, dependable car
By Sad Dad on 07/27/09 12:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a safe dependable car to send my daughter off to college. She liked the sporty look, and we shopped until we found one with the bells and whistles. The car has 37,000 miles on it, so the bumper to bumper has expired (barely-- 36,000). While she was driving from Nashville, the power steering just quit working. I'm glad she wasn't in a turn! Dealership and GM are not very sympathetic, but when I googled "Cobalt power steering," I found that this problem is widespread. I hope that anyone considering the Cobalt will use google and research this power steering failure.

2007 SS
By Katie on 07/27/09 09:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Cobalt, but I am worried about it's reliability. My visor broke after I had the car about a year. I have not even had the car 2 years and the top part of my shifter knob just broke off along with the plugs for the chargers no longer working. Also, the emergency break went out. Great that it's still under warranty, but what am I going to do after that?

Cobalt Fan
By Teen in Iowa on 04/01/09 13:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This was the car my parents bought for me. It's a 5 manual but still is fun to drive. I've had no problems with the car. Easy to handle, and quick standard engine. Gets ok gas mileage in city and highway mileage is great. Love the smooth ride.