Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Fantastic Car 60k miles and still going strong!
By smithg89

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car brand new in 2007. Since then there have been no major repairs required. No check engine lights nothing. Still on the factory break pads and they're still fine! Factory battery lasted five years before we replaced it to be safe. And, after being in a front end collision, the body is durable and the car is safe. I do have a minor electrical problem with the radio but it's nothing worth writing home about. Paid $18k out the door for it (warrantied to the ceiling) and haven't looked back! Great car, sad they replaced it with the Cruize.

Handling, Gas mileage, durability, low maintenance costs!

Interior could be better designed, Radio could be better.

I got fooled
By buttarz

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

After reading alal these reviews on here last February in 2012 i decided to go along with the flow and buy the cobalt. I bought it used at 50k for about $8500. Please, i beg of you, if you live anywhere where incement weather is an ongoing thing then DO NOT BUY A COBALT. i have the base ls model and i recently bought new all season tires for my front wheels and my back wheels are at about 80%. however, when it snow I have to drive at like 20 mph to avoid getting into an accident. couple weeks ago while driving, I hit a little patch of snow and my car did a 360 and hit a guard rail on the highway. Luckily there was so much snow on it the car recieved a minor scratch. the plus side is gas mile

Gas mileage, looks good,cheap,not bad accelaration

Better quality interior, no more gray ugly colours

Worst Car Ever!
By arabella

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the worst car that I've ever had. My parents even agreed. It was my graduation present for high school. First thing that went wrong, while I was driving down to start my first year of college, the speaker on the drive side blew in and out, then finally out. I continuously kept trying to take it to the dealership but they REFUSED to talk to me because 1. I'm a woman and 2. I'm blonde so I can't know what I'm talking about. My dad had to take it to a Chrysler dealership before anyone else would fix it. The ignition switch locked up on me twice. Then the front right tire blew out on me while I was driving.
Last, but not least, there were TWO gas leaks in the car.

The color: candy apple red. The gas mileage was alright, nothing too special though

GM could have made this car more reliable and dependable. If you want that: seriously don't go with Chevy!

Not a bad little car.
By joe_e

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my '07 in '09 as a certified GM used vehicle with 33k miles, upped the warranty to 75k.

At first, I was somewhat disinterested. Styling could stand to be less Cavalier-ey, but I needed something to get 25+ on the highway.

During my tenure of ownership (through 2012) it performed flawlessly. I put almost 43k miles on it in 3 years, and while it was never an 'awesome' car, it far, far exceeded my expectations. Wife traded it for an Avenger, and the car sold before we even got the new car off the lot.

I'll miss this one.

Upgraded Pioneer stereo. Driving lights (not fog lamps). My first impression of the transmission was lackluster, but over time as you get to know it, it starts showing you what it can do. Never had a problem getting up to speed to merge onto the interstate, and when passing was needed, she showed right up.

Seats needed to be a little bit less commuter-style and a bit more touring-style. They got rid of the Cobalt, so it doesn't make sense to make any new suggestions :)

I hate this car so much!!!!
By mrunkows

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I thought for sure I was trading in my beater car for a nice reliable car. Wow was I wrong. This car is so horrible in the snow, there is literally no control on the smallest amount of snow. It even spins out when your going real slow. You probably would have better luck getting to where your going safely if you got out and walked. This car is terrible. It just spins out all the time. If you live in a place where it never snows, then this is a good car. I literally cannot stand this car at all. Everyone knows this car is crap in the snow. In general its a crappy car.

How freakin crappy it drives in the snow. I love how it spins out, that's my favorite.