Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Power Steering motor recall
By Carol

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I noticed steering issues with my 2007 LS Cobalt. The dealership replaced it at no cost to me since there was a recall. It has made a huge difference in the feeling of control when I'm driving. I don't drive much so I wasn't sure if I was just imagining this lack of control or not but I feel a lot safer now.

Favorite Features

Acceleration. This car has great style for the price and I love the candy apple red color. The car doesn't look like a box. It has a classy stylish look.

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps a little better quality interior components, some of the plastic items.

Got a Good One
By Mike

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The longer I have my Cobalt, the more I appreciate it. I bought a basic LS model at the end of 2007 to get me to and from work. I have a 60 mile commute daily and it just doesn't make sense to wear out a high-priced car so quickly. My car has 49K miles and only one thing has had to be repaired: a wire in the engine compartment that powers the daytime running lights flexed to much and broke. That's it. The steering column and power steering motor was replaced under the recall, but I never had any steering issues. I do the maintenance on the car myself, which is very simple and inexpensive. The car is comfortable and handles well. Best commuter car purchase I could have made.

Favorite Features

Handling, driver seating position, controls, radio, simplicity of maintenance, HVAC cabin filter, overall looks of car, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk opening should be larger. Some plastic materials in engine compartment and interior too flimsy.

So far, so good
By Carol

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2007 Cobalt LS when it was approx. 1.6 yrs. old. I was very nervous about buying a NA car and it took me about twenty-five years to buy another one. So far, I've been very happy with my car. I'm very proud of it's appearance. I don't expect it to be completely problem free now, but so far I have just had the oil changed. The dealership has been very good to me. I'm okay with the standard door locks...less to go wrong...and I'm not in a hurry. If this one does well, I will buy another NA car. I love the way the back end of this car looks. For the money...it's been great.

Favorite Features

Tone of the red colour. Sporty back end with spoiler. Ability to accelerate quickly. Classy yet sporty look. Interior is fine too.

Suggested Improvements

Been happy so far with everything...keeping my fingers crossed that nothing major will happen...as I would with every car purchase however.

Great Gas mileage, Nice Car
By Persephone

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for 2 years. It is very reliable, great on gas. I drive both a lot of city and Highway miles. I avg. 34-35 mpg on the hwy @ 55-60 mph. 32-33 mpg @ 65-75 mph. City avg 28-29 mpg. I noticed a prior owner complained of the steering shake. Mine had that too until someone mentioned that is loose bearings. I had it serviced (not too expensive); problem solved. I had to replace the shocks and struts (warranty covered) but then I do a lot of driving in bad road conditions (Lots of potholes and uneven pavement). Always liked this car - my husband just found the same model and year with 23,000 miles for $10,900 and is buying it this week.

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage

Suggested Improvements

My car is manual everything, but my husband's new car is power everything.

My Review
By Rachel

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the worst car I have ever driven. Been in the shop more than 4 times. Air conditioner flooded passenger side floor board. Radiator had to be replaced, head gasket replaced and told I need a new engine. Steering wheel shakes when you get over 55 mph and shakes when I slow down. Fuel system sucks. Oil and fuel meter in car not accurate. I will never buy from Chevy again after owning this piece of junk car. Don't buy a Chevy cobalt!

Favorite Features

Color. That's about it

Suggested Improvements

Everything!