2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Excellent car
By bloodytrenches on 05/04/13 14:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 07 cobalt LS auto-trans in 09 with 40K miles as a bank repo. Today it has 105K. Ive never had to have major work done. The most expensive repairs have been the front wheel bearings 200-300. The passenger one went out a couple years ago and just now the drivers side is going. I've had quite a few wheel alignments but not in the past 2 years since took it back to the machanic since it was still out of alignment. The tires still don't wear evenly, but I am rough on cars and the roads I drive on are terrible. When it rains or snows I slide easily at the stop sign, but no issues on the road as long as I don't speed. Oh I forgot, something went wrong with my radio after a car hit me

I got fooled
By buttarz on 02/11/13 11:40 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

After reading alal these reviews on here last February in 2012 i decided to go along with the flow and buy the cobalt. I bought it used at 50k for about $8500. Please, i beg of you, if you live anywhere where incement weather is an ongoing thing then DO NOT BUY A COBALT. i have the base ls model and i recently bought new all season tires for my front wheels and my back wheels are at about 80%. however, when it snow I have to drive at like 20 mph to avoid getting into an accident. couple weeks ago while driving, I hit a little patch of snow and my car did a 360 and hit a guard rail on the highway. Luckily there was so much snow on it the car recieved a minor scratch. the plus side is gas mile

I HATE this car!!
By madwomanraving on 12/13/12 05:25 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it brand new off the lot with 3 miles on it in 2007. It is now 2012, it has 137,000 miles on it. As soon as the warranty was up..BOOM clutch went out. I got it repaired at a lovely 1200.00 and 2 years later...it's out again...replaced it AGAIN another 1200.00 and the next year...transmission goes. Long story short..I am currently installing the FOURTH clutch on this car and it has it's 3rd transmission installed. Apparently there is a little secret with the defective Syncros and the fact that the MORONS at GM used ATF in my Manual Trans vehicle due to a design flaw that has a smaller hole for the fluid to go through. GM this car sucks & I will NEVER buy one or recommend one.

Good for the first 30K
By billyblurst on 08/07/12 04:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car because it was the right price. 6 months after the purchase date, the gearbox had to be taken-apart. Within a year and a half from the purchase date, a control arm bushing, wheel bearing, and the catalytic converter had to be replaced. Yesterday, the check engine light came on. Again. Do yourself a favour and spend a little extra coin from the get-go, because if you buy a Cobalt it'll cost you the same as a Charger or a Crown Vic in the long-run, but all you'll have in the end is a Cobalt.

Worst Car Ever!
By arabella on 07/20/12 17:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the worst car that I've ever had. My parents even agreed. It was my graduation present for high school. First thing that went wrong, while I was driving down to start my first year of college, the speaker on the drive side blew in and out, then finally out. I continuously kept trying to take it to the dealership but they REFUSED to talk to me because 1. I'm a woman and 2. I'm blonde so I can't know what I'm talking about. My dad had to take it to a Chrysler dealership before anyone else would fix it. The ignition switch locked up on me twice. Then the front right tire blew out on me while I was driving. Last, but not least, there were TWO gas leaks in the car.

Not a bad little car.
By joe_e on 05/28/12 19:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my '07 in '09 as a certified GM used vehicle with 33k miles, upped the warranty to 75k. At first, I was somewhat disinterested. Styling could stand to be less Cavalier-ey, but I needed something to get 25+ on the highway. During my tenure of ownership (through 2012) it performed flawlessly. I put almost 43k miles on it in 3 years, and while it was never an 'awesome' car, it far, far exceeded my expectations. Wife traded it for an Avenger, and the car sold before we even got the new car off the lot. I'll miss this one.

[violative content deleted]
By morganchay on 07/14/11 21:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

When I first got this car I loved it, super cheap on gas, smooth ride... but slowly problems become nothing but common. When I fuel up I have to push my gas pedal as I start my car, even though it is a fuel injected car... Just recently when I started my car out of nowhere it was idling as if it was a diesel engine vehicle and it definitively is not a diesel engine. As well as it has barely any power and has trouble getting up to speed. Most people have told me it could be lifters, transmission, or timing belt. My car does have a lot of mileage and I know with a lot of mileage comes issues but these issues are all to common with other Cobalts. If anyone has a solution it would be appreciated

I hate this car so much!!!!
By mrunkows on 05/18/11 22:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I thought for sure I was trading in my beater car for a nice reliable car. Wow was I wrong. This car is so horrible in the snow, there is literally no control on the smallest amount of snow. It even spins out when your going real slow. You probably would have better luck getting to where your going safely if you got out and walked. This car is terrible. It just spins out all the time. If you live in a place where it never snows, then this is a good car. I literally cannot stand this car at all. Everyone knows this car is crap in the snow. In general its a crappy car.

Cute and Decent Car
By Nina on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my chevy cobalt for almost 2 weeks now and so far no major complaints. The ride is smooth. When I go over rough bumps on the road I can hardly feel it. The braking system is very good so far and the handling isn't that bad either. The car drives fine and the engine is very quiet. Acceleration is decent and the car is rather easy to control. The inside of the car is very nice. I like the overall layout and the audio system. Some people say that the interior of the car feels cheap and plastic. In my opinion I think it is pretty sturdy and not that bad at all. Overall this was a great buy for me and hopefully I will enjoy this car for a few years.

Power Steering motor recall
By Carol on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I noticed steering issues with my 2007 LS Cobalt. The dealership replaced it at no cost to me since there was a recall. It has made a huge difference in the feeling of control when I'm driving. I don't drive much so I wasn't sure if I was just imagining this lack of control or not but I feel a lot safer now.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.