2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Not a bad little car.
By joe_e on 05/28/12 19:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my '07 in '09 as a certified GM used vehicle with 33k miles, upped the warranty to 75k. At first, I was somewhat disinterested. Styling could stand to be less Cavalier-ey, but I needed something to get 25+ on the highway. During my tenure of ownership (through 2012) it performed flawlessly. I put almost 43k miles on it in 3 years, and while it was never an 'awesome' car, it far, far exceeded my expectations. Wife traded it for an Avenger, and the car sold before we even got the new car off the lot. I'll miss this one.

[violative content deleted]
By morganchay on 07/14/11 21:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

When I first got this car I loved it, super cheap on gas, smooth ride... but slowly problems become nothing but common. When I fuel up I have to push my gas pedal as I start my car, even though it is a fuel injected car... Just recently when I started my car out of nowhere it was idling as if it was a diesel engine vehicle and it definitively is not a diesel engine. As well as it has barely any power and has trouble getting up to speed. Most people have told me it could be lifters, transmission, or timing belt. My car does have a lot of mileage and I know with a lot of mileage comes issues but these issues are all to common with other Cobalts. If anyone has a solution it would be appreciated

I hate this car so much!!!!
By mrunkows on 05/18/11 22:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I thought for sure I was trading in my beater car for a nice reliable car. Wow was I wrong. This car is so horrible in the snow, there is literally no control on the smallest amount of snow. It even spins out when your going real slow. You probably would have better luck getting to where your going safely if you got out and walked. This car is terrible. It just spins out all the time. If you live in a place where it never snows, then this is a good car. I literally cannot stand this car at all. Everyone knows this car is crap in the snow. In general its a crappy car.

Cute and Decent Car
By Nina on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my chevy cobalt for almost 2 weeks now and so far no major complaints. The ride is smooth. When I go over rough bumps on the road I can hardly feel it. The braking system is very good so far and the handling isn't that bad either. The car drives fine and the engine is very quiet. Acceleration is decent and the car is rather easy to control. The inside of the car is very nice. I like the overall layout and the audio system. Some people say that the interior of the car feels cheap and plastic. In my opinion I think it is pretty sturdy and not that bad at all. Overall this was a great buy for me and hopefully I will enjoy this car for a few years.

Power Steering motor recall
By Carol on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I noticed steering issues with my 2007 LS Cobalt. The dealership replaced it at no cost to me since there was a recall. It has made a huge difference in the feeling of control when I'm driving. I don't drive much so I wasn't sure if I was just imagining this lack of control or not but I feel a lot safer now.

I can't wait get a new car
By tiredofthispos on 10/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My parents got the cobalt for me 3 yrs ago as my 1st car. I wanted a jetta. I have had numerous problems. After 6 mo:shift nob got really loose, automatic Windows randomly go out. I have taken the car to the dealer 3x and it still does this. After 1 yr:fuel pump died, the int. Handle bubbled up. After 2 yrs:sun visor mirror cover and a defroster vent broke off. All but 1 speaker has gone out, a seat belt that is rarely used broke, turning signal stopped making clicking noise. I have taken my car to the dealer numerous times. The nob and handle were fixed. The warranty would not fix:speakers, vents, visor. Had to pay $130 just to see if it would cover the seat belt; it didn't. Windows still don't work.

Reliable SS/SC
By Jason on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I bought car 1 year old with 20,000 kms on it. Then upgraded with GM Stage 2 & Catback exhaust, dual pass intercooler, short shifter, etc. I only drive this car 6 months a year as snow and salt in Eastern Ontario is a little excessive. However in the past three summers this car has driven to all but 2 of the 13 provinces in Canada and racked up 75,000 km (47,000 miles),of driving without any major issues. All in all great performance, good fuel economy (7.0 L/100 km or 33 mpg) on the highway if you use the cruise, and good stereo.

Love the car minus fueling issues.
By Gas Cap Sad on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bough this car used (with very little mileage) for it's afford-ability and safety reviews. It is important to note Cobalts are smaller cars, but for your average sized woman it fits my just fine. Love the car, the only issue I've had has to do with fueling. The check in code suggest I replace my gas cap. Then it worked for about a month and it's back on. So now anytime I fuel up the car stalls. I have a mechanic friend looking into it but apparently it could be the pressure gauge. This car also was recalled but the power steering issue is only if your going under 15 miles an hour. It's easily corrected by speeding up a little.

Got a Good One
By Mike on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The longer I have my Cobalt, the more I appreciate it. I bought a basic LS model at the end of 2007 to get me to and from work. I have a 60 mile commute daily and it just doesn't make sense to wear out a high-priced car so quickly. My car has 49K miles and only one thing has had to be repaired: a wire in the engine compartment that powers the daytime running lights flexed to much and broke. That's it. The steering column and power steering motor was replaced under the recall, but I never had any steering issues. I do the maintenance on the car myself, which is very simple and inexpensive. The car is comfortable and handles well. Best commuter car purchase I could have made.

So far, so good
By Carol on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2007 Cobalt LS when it was approx. 1.6 yrs. old. I was very nervous about buying a NA car and it took me about twenty-five years to buy another one. So far, I've been very happy with my car. I'm very proud of it's appearance. I don't expect it to be completely problem free now, but so far I have just had the oil changed. The dealership has been very good to me. I'm okay with the standard door locks...less to go wrong...and I'm not in a hurry. If this one does well, I will buy another NA car. I love the way the back end of this car looks. For the money...it's been great.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.