Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Great Car!
By JT

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got a great deal on this car and I love it! This car is great in the snow, if you know how to drive in the snow. It is also very fun to drive, not too sporty, not to grandma-esque. It is comfortable and reliable. I can fit my cross-country skis in the trunk if I fold down the back seat.

Sporty design, interior fits my size well (5'5") Big trunk, good sound system, I have the basic and it is loud.

Gas mileage could be better, only got 20 mpg until the engine was broken in, now about 27 commuter (street/highway mix). Factory seat covers, Chevy doesn't make any, can't find any that fit on the seat.

Regret buying
By Sean

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Car runs well, no problem under the hood but its built crappy. After a while car rattles on highway when pushing on brake. This car is not reliable. I bought this car Feb of 2008 and traded it in for a brand new Scion tc this month. Car is not worth it.

Seat warmers. Smooth ride when first got it.

Not using cheap materials.

Great Little Car For The Money !
By Limo Mike

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Cobalt for just less than a year now and I have to say I am very pleased over all. First off I got a great deal. The car is definitely more than I had expected. I find it fun to drive and very comfortable even on long trips. The car is gorgeous from the outside and the interior is very nice for a car in this price range. It has just enough power to make me happy. If I wanted a race car I would not have bought this. The handling should be more that adequate for most drivers. The ride is much softer and more forgiving than most cars in it's class. Overall I think it is a vast improvement over the Cavalier it replaced and a great value for all that you get.

I got the Pioneer sound system with XM which sounds amazing. The leather seats are a must. The on board computer tells you everything. Most of all I am amazed with the interior space for the front passengers. Finally the gas mileage. The Chevy ecotec engines are smooth, powerful and very efficient.

The sheet metal is very thin in areas. 2 weeks after I took delivery I leaned against the the car lightly and the entire rear 1/4 panel caved in. Luckily it popped right out. Also the trunk opening is oddly shaped. There is tons of room but its hard to access. Head curtain airbags should be standard.

Love my Car!
By Linda

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love it. I looked at new cars for two years and I really enjoy this car. I purchased victory red, leather interior sunroof. I could not ask for anything more and the estimated mpg is better than the sticker. I am getting 28 city 37 highway and the warranty is wonderful. I suggest this car to anyone. Very sporty sexy. So far so good!

Steering wheel, sunroof, alum. wheels, and the gauges with all that information. Large trunk.

Head rest tilt too forward a little uncomfortable. Small trunk opening.

Disappointed
By lilcrown

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new, It's only been a year and I want to get rid of it! I've had problems with the transmission, wiring, the stereo system. The passenger airbag said 'off' when I had an adult sitting in the passenger seat! There are strange noises and it goes back in the shop tomorrow because it's making a jerking motion when I'm accelerating at a consistent pace, and shaking when I take my foot off the brake! I've already had this car in the shop for 6 things, now it'll be 7, and it's been in the shop for 21 days already not to mention how long it will have to be in this time! I think I would have been better off getting used! Not worth the money! GM really disappointed me with this one!

Nice looking interior. Very comfortable and roomy. Smooth ride (when it's not acting up)

Less blind spots! (way too many in this car, I'm scared to back up!) Better brakes. Better wiring.