Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

My brand new victory red 2 door Cobalt LS
By LILLADY

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Cobalt for about 6 months now. I brought it brand new with 3 miles on it. As much as I drive I already have almost 11,000 miles on it and it still rides brand new with the brand new car smell. I road 6,000 miles over before I got my oil changed and the light still hasnt came on. I much money am I saving! The car is beautiful!

The body style is nice.

Dont make them 4 cylinders. Adding cruise control to the newer models. And adding an mp3 player, take off the cheap hubcaps.

Great Car For The Money
By MissShona

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We got this car out of pure necessity (our previous Neon was on it's last leg). The Chevy Cobalt seems to be a much more solid car than the Dodge Neon. The only thing we needed to go back to the dealer for was the window sealing/trim falling loose from the door seal. What a great way to get from point A to point B without breaking the bank!

The information display is very useful, the stereo system (isn't aftermarket quality, but has the Radio Data System...a surprise there), the price.

The heating-a/v system needs to be refined somehow. In the spring and fall, it hard to get a comfortable temperature inside (i.e. "cool" vent {no A/C on} is not cool but warm). Overall styling on the sedan is very bland. There are blind spots...especially with passengers and the spoiler!

Last time I go car shopping alone.
By Jc

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my LS on a whim. Just went to look at cars and test drive some and well, it just kinda happened. Within 2 weeks, I had to take the car to the dealer, there was some major squeaking going on. Found out it was just the hubcaps, apparently they're horrible. They lubed them, but nothing else can be done. I'm now at month 13 of ownership and sitting at home with no car. It has 12,000 miles on it. Went to start it and it just wouldn't do anything. Called GMAC Roadside assistance and they sent "Big Dawgs" towing. We almost needed a tow truck for the tow truck. The car has been at the dealer all day. No courtesy car like my selling dealership promised, No response yet.

It is fun to drive. It has a sporty look I like.

After 12,000 miles, it should still start. Better hubcaps(or standard alloy) Horrible lock placement, and if you do lock the doors, just pulling the handle will not unlock them, you have to reach behind you to unlock. Trunk opening doesn't allow you to make full use and truck lifts weirdly.

Great Car!
By JT

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got a great deal on this car and I love it! This car is great in the snow, if you know how to drive in the snow. It is also very fun to drive, not too sporty, not to grandma-esque. It is comfortable and reliable. I can fit my cross-country skis in the trunk if I fold down the back seat.

Sporty design, interior fits my size well (5'5") Big trunk, good sound system, I have the basic and it is loud.

Gas mileage could be better, only got 20 mpg until the engine was broken in, now about 27 commuter (street/highway mix). Factory seat covers, Chevy doesn't make any, can't find any that fit on the seat.

Regret buying
By Sean

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Car runs well, no problem under the hood but its built crappy. After a while car rattles on highway when pushing on brake. This car is not reliable. I bought this car Feb of 2008 and traded it in for a brand new Scion tc this month. Car is not worth it.

Seat warmers. Smooth ride when first got it.

Not using cheap materials.

• SUV