2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews 16

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Our Cobalt
By mlbollaert on 04/26/07 08:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Engine has plenty of power for a 2.2. So far the mileage holds true 24 city, 32 hwy. Steering is effortless but tight enough to feel the road. Handling is tight through the corners and the Pirelli's hold the road even in the N.W. rain. Interior is excellent with all the comforts of the 21st century! Overall I give the car and the experiance an "A".

Nothing else compared for the money
By jmariner on 04/24/07 19:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

With 6000km behind me, I can say that I'm very pleased with my purchase. The powertrain is superb and interior space provides comfort that's completely devoid of tacky gimics common to the Japanese competition. Handling is very good for a FWD car, but the ride is stiff. The brakes will send your dentures through the windsheid and the gearbox has an "American" feel to it. Longish throw but having solid, positive engagements. It's really nice actually and it feels strong. To my eye, the body styling is beutiful in it's simplicity despite the wing. GM did not "cheap-out" with this platform. Tested at the Nurburgring, it shows.

2007 Cobalt LT3
By Driven on 04/22/07 21:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

After looking at Honda, and Mazda etc., when shopping for my next ride, none had the options/price I was looking for without buying aftermarket items. On long drives I do not suffer from fatigue I felt in previous cars or feel in other models that I get from the rental companies. My job requires extensive travel and I find myself comparing every rental I receive to my Cobalt! The Cobalt handles very well. I get a good sense of the road when behind the wheel. Simply put my Cobalt is not going anywhere unless I am driving.

Cobalt Love
By matt on 04/19/07 10:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I traded my favorite car I have ever owned, a Chevy Tracker, for a new Cobalt. I was afraid of switching to a small sedan. I love it. It drives great. It is nice to look at. The paint is a deep blue that the sun sometimes reflects off as purple. Getting 31.4 mpg city/driving combined. Perfect big city car. It's a winner of a car if you don't have to have the biggest one on the road.

Performance and Good Looks
By Joe on 04/17/07 08:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

The Cobalt SS supercharged is a truly great car. It's fast, reliable, and perfectly built. The features it comes with make it fun, and its good mileage makes it cheap to fill up. Since the car is so light and it has 205 horses it can accelerate extremely fast.

Not too shabby
By John on 04/09/07 10:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Just got the car a few weeks ago as a new daily driver to replace my '97 Sunfire. Ride is very smooth. I'll be going down the highway thinking I'm doing 65 and it's really up around 80. Handling is nice and tight, with minimal torque steer. I've been getting around 31 mpg, however it's only a 13 gallon tank so it seems to go quicker than what you're averaging. Overall for the money, it's hard to do better. The car is leagues ahead of the J-Bodies it replaced. Just will have to wait and see how it holds up in the long run.

Great Car For Great Price!
By Laly on 03/27/07 10:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Got my Cobalt early this month and totallyl ove it! Personally, I love the look of the coupe much more than the sedan. What caught my eye was its low price. Although the price had me skeptical - coming from a Chevy oriented family - I had to give them a shot! Car is very responsive, great on sharp turns and fun to drive. Getting to know it, I would have preferred an SS - but I got what I can afford. My friends simply say, the more you see it - the more you get to like it. Speaks for itself. Great start off car for a teenager parentals! This is my second and wish I would have had anything similar to it as my first!

Great performance for a great value!
By cheese9988 on 03/23/07 21:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I have not owned a GM in a while. I must say for the price and for a 4 cylinder car, the performance is great! Handling is sharp, has every feature in most dealer models, the heated leather seats are great. I compared this model to a new Civic and a new Focus, this had more options and is faster for about the same amount. Although I have not had it that long, the build quality seems very good. Another thing to point out, its made in America! My fiance also recently bought a Pontiac G6 and is also very good, I would say one of the best cars they have built in a long time. GM is making some good changes, thier new lineup is more reliable, appeals to the market and still costs less!

Avg 27city 32hwy! Solid Built!
By Rob on 03/14/07 06:13 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The gas mileage is great! The small car grows on you as you drive it. Fun. Easy to maneuver, turning radius 33! Decent pick up for the on ramp. Safety scores high! Gave the car to my DD and am now considering another one after shopping Mazda, Honda, Mitsubisi, and Saturn! Can't beat the price and quality, mileage and safety without all the options nickle and dimeing you to death!

GM did it again
By Tyler on 03/05/07 16:48 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

What can I say..GM did it again. This is a huge upgrade from the Cavalier. I was a big fan of the Cavalier z-24 and im a bigger fan of the Cobalt. I got the upgraded sound system with ten inch sub. Wow good job. I never had a white car but this Cobalt looked great in white.The handling is great. The all black interior is very smooth. Great on gas. I drive great distances to work and back...all i can say is wow. The car has the needed boost to get past those slow drivers with no problem. Great bang for the buck!