Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

So Disappointed
By So So disappointed

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this vehicle used, had looked up car fax info and researched mileage. Guess what I'm only getting 19 mpg in the city, it's a good thing I only work 5 miles away. The car has a nice build and I can't find anything else I don't like about the car. I'm just disappointed in it's performance. I've had other used vehicles with a V8 that gave me 22 mpg in the city. I've taken it back to be serviced and I'm told there's nothing wrong it must be my driving habits. I've only put about 500 miles on this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Looks good inside and out

Suggested Improvements

Give me 24 mpg in the city

Safety First
By Donnie

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car was designed with safety as it's priority! I just got my Cobalt, and already I have the controls memorized! By looking at the great gas mileage, and the simple but stunning interior, you can tell this car was made by a practical on-the-go person. Don't let the small size fool you! This car has the most cabin room I've seen in a sedan! Not to mention the vast trunk room! Great, great car! you get every dime out of it!

Favorite Features

The simple manual locks and windows leaves one less thing to worry about breaking down. The seats are stylish, but even more comfortable. With the auxiliary input, I can plug my iPod right up to the radio!

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control would be nice. While I find the door locks less hassle and promising, it's annoying to have to get in every time and lock all of the doors. I wouldn't mind sacrificing for automatic locks.

Good car for the money.
By Shawn E.

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car for a little over a year and I think that it is a good car for having over 16,000 miles already. There are some improvements that need to be made though. It has great fuel economy at 30 mpg, and that is not highway! Comfortable seating in front but not the back. good stereo system. Car is fun to drive on winding roads. The car has been in the shop twice. Once for bad control arm bushings and warped rotors. And the next for a loud grinding sound in the brakes. I think that it needs a 6 disc cd changer. Overall it is a good car for a low price.

Favorite Features

MP3 port, comfortable seating in front, stylish exterior. Great stereo system. Huge trunk. Nimble and agile on winding roads.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more room for rear seating. Make it easier to get out of back seat. Need to make a more powerful engine standard. Car has some power but not enough for pulling big hills. Trunk opening needs to be bigger. get rid of 15 inch steel wheels and noisy hubcaps. Needs ABS system standard.

Gas mileage wins
By MustangGT

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

In these trying times, our auto transmission LT sedan has shown outstanding gas mileage. Over 28 mpg around town all the time. It isn't suppose to be that good says the EPA, but we'll take it. It's a fun car, quieter than many other four cylinder cars in its class. We bought it used from a local Chevy dealer and after three months, no headaches.

Favorite Features

Radio is reasonable quality and fun. Seating position is above average. Quiet and inexpensive to run. Remote start is neat, but can't let too much gas be wasted in the driveway.

Suggested Improvements

Haven't found one so far!

Love it!
By suzanne

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My first two cars were a Cavalier and Sunfire. The Cobalt by far is of much higher quality and is made far better. I originally was considering the Aveo when I went shopping for my 3rd car, but the quietness and smoothness of the ride got my hooked to the Cobalt. It's wonderful to drive in the snow. I feel very safe in it. After a 9 hour road trip it's still comfortable.

Favorite Features

Sporty looking interior, roomy, looks great on the road, MP3 plug-in

Suggested Improvements

No center arm rest, but I got used to it. A strut started leaking at 15 K and was told this was a common problem. Not having a light grey as an interior option/ or change the material- it gets dirty very easily.