2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
My Cobalt
By Bobby on 05/30/07 08:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We got the Cobalt early May '07, and by late May I have almost 4000 miles on it already and it seems like a pretty decent car. Has some pretty good pep for a 4cyl, fuel economy is great compared to the SUV we traded in for it, however not the 34 mpg that they advertise, still I'm getting around 27mpg. The stereo system cranks good for a stock radio and CD player. We can not fit the whole family in it leagally, or safely for that matter, but that's what the wife's mini-van is for. All in all I'd have to say I'd give it a thumbs up, lets see what breaks on it in the first 50K or 100K miles.

Great car
By nellis on 05/26/07 17:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I know that the Cobalt is an upgrade from the Cavalier but it's way beyond that. The cCobalt is much more comfortable and rides much smoother. I would recommend this car to everyone. It's great for travel or just your everyday driving. Chevy is definitely a winner with this one!

Great Commuter Car
By Schlog on 05/25/07 20:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased this car as a commuter for my wife, really not expecting an exceptional vehicle for $13,500 out the door. My feelings have changed after making several day long drives, really taking a liking to the car. With 266 miles on the odometer we're getting 39 miles per gallon on the interstate, really great on a car that advertised 34 MPG Hwy. Secondly it handles exceptionally well and is comfortable to drive. 95% of the time I drive a full size truck, never paying attention to the fact that your constantly scrutinizing your size in a given space... it does weigh on you in commuting. This is a nice car and we're actually discssing getting another in the Pontiac version. So far, elated!

Best Chevy Ever!
By Yynot on 05/25/07 19:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my SS 2.4 Colbalt with 147 on it. White with black interior has everything I wanted power everything awesome stereo, sunroof. This car is just the best ever for the price I paid and the competitors was prices just right and not over 20k for the options I wanted, I drove the Civic Si, the new Sentra Se R, Tiburion, even Saturn Ion Quad Coupe also the Pontia G5 the cousin of the Cobalt All these were either over priced or didn't have what I wanted to pay for. Chevy has finally got it right and I got the last White one in the area for 2007 sorry. I love it from the moment I saw it I wanted it. Love a first sight so to speak

Great Car - especially for the price
By a matic on 05/19/07 20:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It is larger than you first think. The engine is terrific. The size of the whole car is just right. Big enough to carry 4 people, small enough to be fuel efficient, and powerful enough to not require a V6. The stereo is a great design and a joy to work although a little more power would be nice. The paint job on my Cobalt is exceptional. I bought the paint protection. I think it is well worth the price for any car. Overall a great ride for not much money. I looked at Focus, but I think the Cobalt is a better car for less money.

Chevy's best kept secret
By Paul Wernich on 05/18/07 08:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I was ready for a new car and wanted to spend less than $15k. The Cobalt was a no-brainer. The 2 door laser blue coupe looks fantastic and I got it with all the goodies I wanted for under $14,000. I've owned it for a few weeks and I have only a couple of complaints. The doors are long and locking/unlocking them is awkward, power door locks should have been standard. No armrest, whats up with that? The interior of the doors are all one color, light gray. Adding a darker gray to the door would have looked sportier and hidden stains better. Window crank handle fell off in my hand after only a few uses, just snapped it back on and all is well. Gas mileage seems OK, a few more mpg would be nice

Good Car
By Jarret on 05/06/07 05:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first new car I have ever had. Good car for the $15,000 I spent after taxes. I have a middle of the road model with power windows and air conditioning. One irritating problem is that after owning the car for five months, I am now hearing a sound of something loose or rolling around in the front engine/tire area of the car whenever I make a moving right turn and sometimes a moving left turn. I took it to the dealer, and they claimed that only one of two mechanics who looked at the car could hear the sound. They stated that did not know what was causing it and could not fix it. I don't understand since sound is obvious, and I am continuing to press the issue with dealer.

Our Cobalt
By mlbollaert on 04/26/07 08:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Engine has plenty of power for a 2.2. So far the mileage holds true 24 city, 32 hwy. Steering is effortless but tight enough to feel the road. Handling is tight through the corners and the Pirelli's hold the road even in the N.W. rain. Interior is excellent with all the comforts of the 21st century! Overall I give the car and the experiance an "A".

Nothing else compared for the money
By jmariner on 04/24/07 19:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

With 6000km behind me, I can say that I'm very pleased with my purchase. The powertrain is superb and interior space provides comfort that's completely devoid of tacky gimics common to the Japanese competition. Handling is very good for a FWD car, but the ride is stiff. The brakes will send your dentures through the windsheid and the gearbox has an "American" feel to it. Longish throw but having solid, positive engagements. It's really nice actually and it feels strong. To my eye, the body styling is beutiful in it's simplicity despite the wing. GM did not "cheap-out" with this platform. Tested at the Nurburgring, it shows.

2007 Cobalt LT3
By Driven on 04/22/07 21:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

After looking at Honda, and Mazda etc., when shopping for my next ride, none had the options/price I was looking for without buying aftermarket items. On long drives I do not suffer from fatigue I felt in previous cars or feel in other models that I get from the rental companies. My job requires extensive travel and I find myself comparing every rental I receive to my Cobalt! The Cobalt handles very well. I get a good sense of the road when behind the wheel. Simply put my Cobalt is not going anywhere unless I am driving.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.