2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Better than a Cavalier
By sean on 06/13/07 21:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I ordered this car after combing through the entire STL region looking for a blue 2.4 ss with sunroof and airbags. Car came and was surprided to find xm was standard. I really didnt care for it but now after listening i cant live w/o it! Also FM and AM reception with antenna is poor. Gas mileage is tricky. In order to get 34 mpg you have to drive like 55 mph on the highway. At 65mph I'm already at 2.5 K in 5th gear, could definitely use another gear for more gas saving. Overall I average 29mpg with 70/30 highway/city driving. Handling is 'sport' like, but it was easily be pushed over it's limits with body roll. Ride quality is very nice however, very smooth. I'm looking forward to modding it

Econo racecar with luxury feel.
By CodeBlue on 06/11/07 18:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

What can I say? It's a great car that GM has finally put some real effort into. For me, its been 1 month since I took delivery, and there hasn't been a day I didn't look forward to driving it. Moreover driving it daily has been a great experience. The fuel economy when not heavy footed (hardly ever, due to the rewarding power of the Eaton M62 Supercharger) is comparable to that of the ultra-compact econo-gas misers; Yaris, Aveo, etc The factory performence packages being offered by GM's Performence Parts division are the best to be found in the aftermarket. So you get more power out of your beast, while retaining full factory warranty (when installed c/o GM Service depts) hard to argue!

Dissapointment
By cobalt on 06/11/07 08:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new. The first week it was fine. But within the second and third week of driving, strange noises started coming from the front engine area - these weird ratting sounds that would come and go. And after 3 weeks, a horribly loud noise suddenly started clicking. It sounded like it was coming from the right front tire. So I had to take it back to the dealership to get fixed. The brakes also make a strained sound, and they aren't paticularly as sharp as I'd like them to be. The clanking sound is unnerving and extremley annoying. Now I have to go out of my way to get it fixed. This is inconvienent and not fair - I've only owned for less than a month!

Extremely pleased with the Cobalt SS
By Chase Hess on 06/09/07 23:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very well rouded. It has performance, handling, style, fuel economy and isn't too expensive; $19,500 brand new w/all but 6 disc changer Power is solid up to 3500 rpm and then she just screams all the way up to redline at 6500 rpm with an auto trans The power is exhilarating. Handling is absoltutely superb while maintaining a pleasant ride (even my wife doesn't complain). Fuel economy is good considering the power (175 HP). I usually get about 26 miles per gallon with a pretty even split of city and highway driving(and my pedal to the floor). I think this car is the total package. I test drove a few other competitors with comparable economy and the Cobalt SS was the obvious choice

Three weeks and lovin' it
By brn169 on 06/08/07 21:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

After 3 weeks and some 1800 miles my Cobalt and I have come to know what to expect from each other. This mild mannered compact rocket is a solid commuter at about 32mpg at average highway speeds of 70-80mph. What is truly surprising is that when you need a little burst of excitement or feel the need to circumnavigate the occasional left lane obstacle, a quick crack to 3rd and back to 4th makes you want to kiss your sales man for suggesting you test drive the S/C. As for the responsive handling, considering the base model is the offspring of the Caviler it is a blast to drive even with some mild under steer. Style is 1st rate in the sport compact class. Only one bad thing, GM why no S/C in 2008?

Great car, Everybody should have one!
By TheCaptain on 06/08/07 15:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Purchased on Sept. 1 06. 10000 Kms to date. This car is a blast to drive! I can barely stand to drive it slow. This car is not much of a town car, but is totally a highway car. Power is more than enough for daily driving, and space upfront is great. Rear seat space is excellent for a compact car. Trunk space could be a little better, but again, it's a compact car. My only regret is I was unable to get the G85 Recaro Package (due to order date and GM product management difficulties)

First new car - Love it!
By Jason on 06/08/07 14:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car for the money. I got it with a $1000 rebate so it ended up being cheaper than a similarly equipped Aveo - and there's much more car here. Currently, using top-tier 87 fuel and synthetic oil, between town and highway driving, i'm getting about 35 miles/gallon. (on a 13 gallon tank I can get over 400 miles and still have over a gallon of fuel left) The audio input jack is a great standard feature and for those who wish to upgrade their audio on their own, they'll be pleased to find the battery in the trunk. I almost bought a used ford focus for around $10K, but This car after rebate, taxes, etc.. ended up being 13K and wasn't somebody elses problem. No regrets.

Best of the Domestics
By Hobbie2k on 06/08/07 10:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cobalt for the rebates, otherwise I'd be driving an import. That said, the Cobalt is a big improvement over the outdated Cavalier. Excellent fuel economy (I've seen 36mpg; and with only 2000mi, it will improve when things loosen up). The metallic orange paint gets attention, and the 2.2L Ecotec is one of GM's best engines ever. However, a good engine and decent styling can't hide all the places GM cheaped out. Such as lock placement that makes them impossible to use while you're seated in the car, or the solid grey interior door panels (it would have been much classier to continue the dash's two tone them into the doors), or the cheap feeling steering wheel and shifter.

My Cobalt
By Bobby on 05/30/07 08:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We got the Cobalt early May '07, and by late May I have almost 4000 miles on it already and it seems like a pretty decent car. Has some pretty good pep for a 4cyl, fuel economy is great compared to the SUV we traded in for it, however not the 34 mpg that they advertise, still I'm getting around 27mpg. The stereo system cranks good for a stock radio and CD player. We can not fit the whole family in it leagally, or safely for that matter, but that's what the wife's mini-van is for. All in all I'd have to say I'd give it a thumbs up, lets see what breaks on it in the first 50K or 100K miles.

Great car
By nellis on 05/26/07 17:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I know that the Cobalt is an upgrade from the Cavalier but it's way beyond that. The cCobalt is much more comfortable and rides much smoother. I would recommend this car to everyone. It's great for travel or just your everyday driving. Chevy is definitely a winner with this one!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.