2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2007 Cobalt Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Sort Reviews by

Ticket me red
By miller1

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Like we all say, fun to drive, great looks, great price. Good choice. Was pulled over once already with 800 miles on it (warning).

Favorite Features

6 discs cd, heated leather seats, sun roof, handling. Looks smooth.

Suggested Improvements

Better seat design, more tilt on steering wheel, move parking brake, more power.

Cobalt is a Keeper
By Kevin

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my new red Cobalt LS 5-speed 2-dr coupe about 3 weeks ago. This is my first new GM vehicle, and I am very pleased with it so far. It is comfortable and fairly quiet, and has a very nice interior layout. The EPA rates it at 25/34 mpg city/hwy, but I got 33.6 mpg on my first tank, and 35.9 mpg on the second. My commute is 20 miles each way, mostly Interstate highways, but including weekends I expect that it is about 25% local/75% highway driving. I am driving efficiently, but I still keep up with traffic on I95 (70-75 mph). I use the A/C as necessary. It isn't as powerful as my 86 Mustang GT, but is still quite fun. I am very pleased with my purchase.

Favorite Features

Body style of the 2-dr, fuel economy, A/C, price with rebates and dealer discount.

Suggested Improvements

Standard side airbags would be nice.

2007 LT2 Coupe/Automatic Trans.
By JasonC

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this about a month ago and have around 1150 miles. Car drives smooth with little outside noise. Very quiet engine! Electric power steering seems to working well with no problems. The interior is nice, however a bit nicer door panels couldn't hurt. Sunroof is quiet and a pleasant option to have. Seating in the front is very comfortable. Driver's side lumbar support is a nice feature, however it doesn't really make a huge difference. Instrument gauges are cleanly arranged, and the stock stereo is very nice! I love the features, and the XM that came with it! I have the 16" tires (instead of the stock 15") and I think it gives it a cleaner beefier look. Gas mileage is best at 65 mph.

Favorite Features

Remote start/keyless entry, XM radio, 16" tires, sunroof, cruise control, power locks/windows, overall look of the car, huge trunk space, split folding rear seats, driver's information center (best feature!), stereo w/iPod hookup (no more carrying CDs!!), 2 rear view mirror lights.

Suggested Improvements

Make side impact airbags stock/mandatory on all models! A bit nicer interior door panels, interior door handles are too far forward (move back a tad), trunk opening could be larger, gas mileage good but a bit below what was stated by GM. High back end - caution when backing up.

Lemon!
By rattler

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my new 2007 Cobalt in July 2007, pulled off the dealer lot to get groceries, and noticed my front running light was out on the passenger side of the car. Went thru the first tank of gas, fair gas mileage, started to hear a rattle in the front passenger side of the dashboard, started to rattle after 800 miles on the Cobalt! Should have gotten a Honda Civic EX!

Favorite Features

Tail lamps. Ride is smooth!

Suggested Improvements

Car rattles, needs better seats. Steering is not responsive. Better fit and finish.

Love it
By Bryan

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

It's very good on gas yet fast at the same time which is great. The acceleration on this car is really good and the handling is perfect. If you are looking for a fast car and want to save money on gas at the same time, I highly recommend the Cobalt SS supercharged.

Favorite Features

Sporty look

Suggested Improvements

More aftermarket parts.

'07 SS/SC Chevy Cobalt
By ninjahampster

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

This car has it all from great looks to awesome handling. The brute force in the supercharger is amazing and the Stage 2 upgrade makes it feel like a whole different car.

Favorite Features

Supercharger, G85 package, Recaro seats, and the LSD

Suggested Improvements

Bigger trunk opening. The trunk space is spacious, but the trunk opening is tiny

Greatly Pleased, and Proud
By GreenPurgatory

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

This car is incredibly luxurious considering it is close to $20,000. I love the performance, handling, comfort, sound system, fuel economy, shifting, styling, and overall just in love with my new Cobalt. I wish they would continue making the Cobalt!

Favorite Features

The supercharger, MP3, 6 CD, and auxilary jack. The short throw shifter, and the leather seats. The Pioneer audio is awesome too!

Suggested Improvements

Just cosmetics, spend a little more on the interior, although the plastic is the same as in any other car it sounds kinda hollow, also darker tints on the windows. That is all superficial though, that isn't what makes a car good or bad.

2007 Cobalt
By Nate

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Great car for the performance-minded driver on a budget. Plenty of power for what is typically expected of a 4-cyl. FWD vehicle. It looks great too.The 18" gunmetal rims look incredible in all lights. Luckily Chevy offered an optional low spoiler option for '07, because that was the only gripe I had about the car. Gas mileage is excellent as well. With a 50/50 mix of city/hwy driving I get 25-27 MPG, and have got as high as 34 MPG on highway cruising. Very competitive in it's class. You may find slightly nicer interior finishes on the competitors, but not enough to pass up the incredible whine of the blower at full throttle. Great sound system and the ipod jack is really useful.

Favorite Features

Powertrain, Recaro seats, excellent handling, exterior styling, 18" rims, supercharger whine, steering wheel controls, ipod jack

Suggested Improvements

Rear visibility. Better control of wheel hop resulting from 200 ft-lb of torque on light FWD car. Give car GM Performance Stage 2 kit from the factory, slightly smoother gearbox

This Is My First Car
By Knicole

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car was my first purchase. I absolutely love how much room you have in the back and front seats, when compared to other similar sized cars. Also has great trunk room for storage or traveling. My Cobalt also has excellent gas mileage. It only takes $30 to fill up my tank, and lasts me for two weeks of going to school and work. I've noticed that it also has great quick acceleration that comes in handy when on the interstate. I'm definitely satisfied with my Cobalt.

Favorite Features

I love the digital displays of trip miles, coolant, average speed, and more. Easy to clean fabric on the seats and floors, radio features, and more. The sound system definitely attracts attention.

Suggested Improvements

Dont give people plastic rims on a brand new car. Possibly an in-glass or electric antenna. And automatic doors and windows- it's a 2007. Not 1987.

Best I Have Ever Owned
By 07SSOhio

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I can't say enough good things about this car. Absolutely amazing, no problems, great mileage, super fun.

Favorite Features

Engine, interior, handling.

Suggested Improvements

Keep making them!