2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged - Consumer Reviews

SS 2.0L 4-cyl. Supercharger 5-speed Manual - (35 reviews )
Fun Car: When it's not in the shop.
By mjperry on 10/16/13 14:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Over the past 3 years I think my car has had a major breakdown 6 or 7 times. The first time the shifter broke. After that all problems have come from the car computer, which has died 5 or 6 times now, including today.

Reliable SS/SC
By Jason on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

I bought car 1 year old with 20,000 kms on it. Then upgraded with GM Stage 2 & Catback exhaust, dual pass intercooler, short shifter, etc. I only drive this car 6 months a year as snow and salt in Eastern Ontario is a little excessive. However in the past three summers this car has driven to all but 2 of the 13 provinces in Canada and racked up 75,000 km (47,000 miles),of driving without any major issues. All in all great performance, good fuel economy (7.0 L/100 km or 33 mpg) on the highway if you use the cruise, and good stereo.

Fast reliable economy car
By Ryan07SS on 03/26/10 09:54 AM (PDT)

Bought this car from the dealership brand new. I added the stage 2 kit and the gmmp exhaust which all was under warranty. I have ran the car hard and to this day have had no problems with it. It gets 25 mpg city and 35 mpg highway. This is the best car I've every own the so much fun to drive.

Great looking rocket!
By Brian on 12/31/08 05:19 AM (PST)

Just bought my Cobalt Supercharged with 1400 miles on it. Was a demo. The car has been so much fun to drive. Getting 40 + miles per gallon going easy on the highway. The sport red color with the 18 inch chrome wheels is awesome. Other than an occasional minor rattle (might be beacuse it's wintertime), this car is absolutely a must as long as you're not worried about a small backseat or using it for construction projects.I have a 2004 Avalanche that I now can use for carting my gear only. I'm now saving a lot on gas and wear and tear. The bottom line: If you're looking for a fast and fun car to drive, you've got to consider this car! Feels like the old days. Power with no worry of fuel!

Great Ride
By abetar on 07/09/08 09:06 AM (PDT)

I have owned my SS for about a year and love every day driving it. I have got as high as 40 mpg on the highway and ussualy around 30-32 around town. Love the ride and love the performance

Hot hot hot
By CHamilton on 07/01/08 18:01 PM (PDT)

This car is fast. It almost has as much acceleration as my 750 cc motorcycle. Makes short work of an $80K BMW. This car is so much fun to drive. Looks great and to boot 40 mpg highway out of the 2.0 I chose the Cobalt due to the fact I had such great experience with the Cavalier. Car is loaded with everything you could want. Great job Chevrolet. Thank you

GM got me back
By hitmanws6 on 01/07/08 23:43 PM (PST)

I love this car. It handles way better then my Integra did and the low end power is there. It pulls through the rpm range very strong. Shifts are very quick with no drama. Seats have lots of long haul comfort. I take this car 600 miles in a weekend just about every month and it's a blast to drive.

Buyer beware
By fightnphoto on 12/30/07 16:18 PM (PST)

The Cobalt ss/sc was a great idea but GM blew the execution. With less than 20,000 miles on the odometer the car is on its third clutch, had an injector fail, the radio replaced, exhaust rattle repaired, dash cluster replaced, rear seat hinge fixed, rear package tray reattached and the best part is GM won't back there product. The clutches were "reworked" due to a manufacturing issue. GM claims they have addressed the wear issues but wants consumers to pay around $1600.00 to replace the part with the new one. I know that there is the real possibility I have bought a lemon but GM hasn't stood by there product. I would love to know the power of this car but can't I'm afraid it will fall apart.

This thing flies!
By Black 07 SS on 12/11/07 22:49 PM (PST)

This car is extremely fun to drive. The LDS helps keep the torque steer under control and the bolstered leather seats adorned with embroidered "SS" logos hold you firmly in place while accelerating. Driver be warned...you will quickly climb the RPM band with this supercharged power plant! The throws are short and the gears engage with ease, beware of the sportingly short clutch...not a bad thing! The car handles incredible through both the curvies and the straight aways. Not to mention, the gas mileage has been incredible...especially for a supercharged engine! I'd definitely pit the "SS S/C" against the imports any day!

Just a flashy entry-level car
By John on 11/24/07 05:48 AM (PST)

For the first 3K miles, this car was great. Then the noises began. Car constantly makes both a squeaking/chirping noise and a loud snapping sound around the b-pillars like the car is breaking in half over bumps and during turns. The sunroof also rattles and its switch repeatedly falls out of the headliner. Mechanically, I haven't had any problems in terms of the engine, transmission, suspension, etc. But when your car is a rattle trap, it's hard to enjoy it. All my cars have been American and they've been great and lasted for years. However, once my loan is paid off I'm going right out and getting something else.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.