2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Never Again!
By madashell11 on 05/22/13 13:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

where to start...hmmm 2007 4 dr cobalt , parts going after 3 mnths transmission synchro mesh No it is not my driving, suspension all of it replaced , battery has died, starter once , brakes are all kinds of messed up stabilizing link pooched ...worst car ever owned had a 500 $ car once that was more reliable!

I can't wait get a new car
By tiredofthispos on 10/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My parents got the cobalt for me 3 yrs ago as my 1st car. I wanted a jetta. I have had numerous problems. After 6 mo:shift nob got really loose, automatic Windows randomly go out. I have taken the car to the dealer 3x and it still does this. After 1 yr:fuel pump died, the int. Handle bubbled up. After 2 yrs:sun visor mirror cover and a defroster vent broke off. All but 1 speaker has gone out, a seat belt that is rarely used broke, turning signal stopped making clicking noise. I have taken my car to the dealer numerous times. The nob and handle were fixed. The warranty would not fix:speakers, vents, visor. Had to pay $130 just to see if it would cover the seat belt; it didn't. Windows still don't work.

Love the car minus fueling issues.
By Gas Cap Sad on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bough this car used (with very little mileage) for it's afford-ability and safety reviews. It is important to note Cobalts are smaller cars, but for your average sized woman it fits my just fine. Love the car, the only issue I've had has to do with fueling. The check in code suggest I replace my gas cap. Then it worked for about a month and it's back on. So now anytime I fuel up the car stalls. I have a mechanic friend looking into it but apparently it could be the pressure gauge. This car also was recalled but the power steering issue is only if your going under 15 miles an hour. It's easily corrected by speeding up a little.

Love my Cobalt
By Walt L on 01/30/10 16:45 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it new and have 50,000 miles. I went from a Sierra Pickup to a Cobalt. It's not a truck but great gas mileage and no problems other than a noisy fan at low speed.

Good for what it was bought for.
By John on 01/23/10 17:44 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car yesterday with 57,735 miles. I needed a car to get me back and forth to work. I was very surprised by the acceleration, the decent ride. I know this is not a high end car, but It does what it does for a really good price. I paid $7500 and it has a 100k powertrain warranty. My toy is a 2002 Z-28 that has 400HP, and I'm spoiled by the balls to the wall acceleration it has. For what I paid this thing works just fine.

Not satisfied
By Valerie on 11/13/09 13:23 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Cobalt brand new, with 16 miles on it. Thought it would be a great car but so far it has proved us wrong. We had alot of minor issues within the first 4 months but they were covered under warranty thankfully. Now our back windows don't roll down at all and haven't since shortly after the warranty was up, of course. No idea what the issue is but will not be fixing it. The emergency break never worked. The visor cover broke just lifting it up one day. The back seat is so uncomfortable. I hate when someone has to sit back there because it's worse than sitting in a truck!

Great fun car
By Chevy27 on 10/15/09 16:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I hated the dealership I got this car from so for all my service I go to a different dealership, but outside of the dealership the car is great. I get 27mpg city driving, the get up and go is a little slow but its just a 4 cylinder so that's okay she handles turns great and handles the occasional long drive out of state. Great first car for me. Body lines are clean and the size and shape are ideal for Jersey driving and parking. Love it, and would recommend this car!

Will NEVER own another
By custard-goddess on 05/28/09 15:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Before I had a 2001 Chevy Cavalier, that had reached 225,000 miles. I thought that the Cobalt would be comparable to the Cavalier boy was I wrong. I love the style of the car very cute inside and out. The features are amazing XM, MP3 jack, remote start, but the quality leaves much to be desired. I have had to fix so much on it in two years broken tail light after two weeks of ownership, squeaky sunroof, loose seat fabric, breaks and rotors replaced(only after 15,000 mi),left control arm, radio buttons stopped working, and BOTH remotes to my car are broken.

What's Not to Like!
By Dennis on 07/06/08 17:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Seriously, what's not to like about the Chevy Cobalt? Having long been a GM fan, I've never really considered buying a compact GM vehicle. I always figured I would have to buy an import to get the quality and value that I desired to add to my fleet of full-sized GM's. Well, my '07 Cobalt has proven to me that GM can make a good, reliable compact car. I'm not a small guy (6'2" and 245#) and this car fits me like a glove. The seats are supportive and there is more than enough leg room. I can easily keep up with my son's '07 Scion TC, and get WAY better fuel economy when doing so. Overall, this car can't be beat if you are looking for solid, economical transportation.

Gas mileage wins
By MustangGT on 06/16/08 10:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

In these trying times, our auto transmission LT sedan has shown outstanding gas mileage. Over 28 mpg around town all the time. It isn't suppose to be that good says the EPA, but we'll take it. It's a fun car, quieter than many other four cylinder cars in its class. We bought it used from a local Chevy dealer and after three months, no headaches.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.