Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Never Again!
By madashell11

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

where to start...hmmm 2007 4 dr cobalt , parts going after 3 mnths transmission synchro mesh No it is not my driving, suspension all of it replaced , battery has died, starter once , brakes are all kinds of messed up stabilizing link pooched ...worst car ever owned had a 500 $ car once that was more reliable!

Favorite Features

No favorite features ,the console is poorly designed too too cramped everything is stuffed into a small area.

Suggested Improvements

Did you even test drive these things? I was raised a chevy girl but now my next purchase will be a ford! Thanks for nothing

I can't wait get a new car
By tiredofthispos

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My parents got the cobalt for me 3 yrs ago as my 1st car. I wanted a jetta. I have had numerous problems. After 6 mo:shift nob got really loose, automatic Windows randomly go out. I have taken the car to the dealer 3x and it still does this. After 1 yr:fuel pump died, the int. Handle bubbled up. After 2 yrs:sun visor mirror cover and a defroster vent broke off. All but 1 speaker has gone out, a seat belt that is rarely used broke, turning signal stopped making clicking noise. I have taken my car to the dealer numerous times. The nob and handle were fixed. The warranty would not fix:speakers, vents, visor. Had to pay $130 just to see if it would cover the seat belt; it didn't. Windows still don't work.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, good on gas, spacious trunk, satellite radio, automatic lights, remote start, aux outlet, center console, good for very short road trips and around town

Suggested Improvements

better quality interior,light gray interior is very hard to keep clean, Better warranties that cover its failures.uncomfortable Backseats have poor legroom if you are over 5'5. needs more compartment space.My little bro gets this car as his 1st. Can't wait to get either a Nissan Cube or Honda Fit.

Love the car minus fueling issues.
By Gas Cap Sad

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bough this car used (with very little mileage) for it's afford-ability and safety reviews. It is important to note Cobalts are smaller cars, but for your average sized woman it fits my just fine. Love the car, the only issue I've had has to do with fueling. The check in code suggest I replace my gas cap. Then it worked for about a month and it's back on. So now anytime I fuel up the car stalls. I have a mechanic friend looking into it but apparently it could be the pressure gauge. This car also was recalled but the power steering issue is only if your going under 15 miles an hour. It's easily corrected by speeding up a little.

Favorite Features

The look, the price, the interior, the huge trunk for such a small size.

Suggested Improvements

I'm not the only one with the fill up issue. A better gas cap/neck/tank system should be looked into to prevent these issues.

Love my Cobalt
By Walt L

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it new and have 50,000 miles. I went from a Sierra Pickup to a Cobalt. It's not a truck but great gas mileage and no problems other than a noisy fan at low speed.

Good for what it was bought for.
By John

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car yesterday with 57,735 miles. I needed a car to get me back and forth to work. I was very surprised by the acceleration, the decent ride. I know this is not a high end car, but It does what it does for a really good price. I paid $7500 and it has a 100k powertrain warranty. My toy is a 2002 Z-28 that has 400HP, and I'm spoiled by the balls to the wall acceleration it has. For what I paid this thing works just fine.

Favorite Features

iPod plug, The ecotec, the price, and the ease of opperation

Suggested Improvements

redo the location of the E-Brake. More storage cubbies and if the trunk was 4 inches shorter there would be more room in the back seat.