Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Still Reliable at >121,000 Miles
By momalley1

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in Dec. 2007 and have put more than 121K miles on it. This has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. Other than replacement of the recalled ignition switch and electric power steering motor; and a repositioning and splicing of the daytime running light harness at the radiator support and oiling of the HVAC fan, this car has had no other maintenance other than prescribed preventive service, which I do myself. Maintenance on this car is simple and not expensive.

Favorite Features

Front seating is comfortable for long trips to work and back. I'm tall and this is the only small car I've driven where I remain comfortable for the length of the drive. Maintenance on this car is simple, straightforward and not expensive.

Suggested Improvements

Since the car is out of production, this question is moot.

Reliable and sporty
By jeaninmt

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought used with 30,000. Put on 150,000 miles. We live in Montana and it winters well. Its gone through 3 brake jobs but no other repairs. Mpg on highway mid 30 mpg, less in winter. Not made for gravel roads which we live on. The wheels go out of balance easily with mud and dirt or snow build up. It's not a car for teaching kids to drive as the steering is a little too quick. Trunk is tight to get a cooler in. A small kids bike will go in. It's amazing in parking lots and great for quick acceleration to get on the freeway.

Favorite Features

It comes in orange! Its been very reliable for us. It's a 65 mile trip to town so it's mostly highway miles and does well.

Suggested Improvements

Definitely better brakes. A couple more inches on the trunk door opening would have made life a lot easier for hauling groceries in and out. At about 150,000 miles the trip computer seemed to lose reliability, showing up to 42 mpg with no changes in driving or anything.

Expensive Mistake
By cmbear

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car used with 10k miles. Loved it at first, then the it revealed its' true colors. I have replaced the wheel bearings, sway bars, control arms and bushings three times. The second time the repair was under warranty. The first and third were quite expensive. Additionally, the inside door handles have peeled. I have just paid it off and am ready to get rid of this monster. Learned my lesson. Chevy won't get my business again.

So DONE with Chevys
By samaochoa

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I haven't had any huge major probs happen, other than the 2 recalls fuel pump and power steering pumps, which Chevy fixed. I have had lots of electrical probs, the wire burnt up on the blower motor, I fixed that and now my ac/heater is stuck in defrost, it will go hot and cold and you hear the compressor kicking on and off, but its stuck in defrost. Its always small things, but Im done. I only owe $600 on the damn thing and a trade in is in the near future. I loved my cavalier, never had a prob that's why I traded it in for a cobalt and probs since day 1

Never Again!
By madashell11

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

where to start...hmmm 2007 4 dr cobalt , parts going after 3 mnths transmission synchro mesh No it is not my driving, suspension all of it replaced , battery has died, starter once , brakes are all kinds of messed up stabilizing link pooched ...worst car ever owned had a 500 $ car once that was more reliable!

Favorite Features

No favorite features ,the console is poorly designed too too cramped everything is stuffed into a small area.

Suggested Improvements

Did you even test drive these things? I was raised a chevy girl but now my next purchase will be a ford! Thanks for nothing