2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
This car got old in a hurry.
By gbreadman on 04/29/14 08:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in January 2007. I liked it a lot, especially when gas was $5 a gallon in 2008 and within a week all the dealer lots were full of huge SUV's and no compacts were to be seen. Now it has 63000 miles on it and it's needed some work, especially the front-end (most of which is discussed in the "improvements" section). It was a very sensible car, and still is...but if you're not a DIY'ing shade-tree mechanic you'll be very disappointed with the early repair costs.

This is the last GM I will every buy
By ebcobalt on 08/29/13 11:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cobalt as a GM Certified Pre-Owned in early 2011. It was 3 years old and had 1 owner, 32,000 miles on it. It was a good deal... or so I thought. Not including the 2 re-call repairs I have had this car in the shop so many times that a $8,500 steal became a $13,500 robbery. This does not include the minor things I have not fixed: the cheap plastic interior parts are all broken/ breaking, the speakers blown out when I only listen to easy listening at reasonable volumes, etc. The headlamps, turn signals, fuses all need to be replaced at regular intervals (every 3 months!). I do regular maintenance and keep it up too, but it still breaks. Cutting my losses now and leasing a Honda.

Fantastic Car 60k miles and still going strong!
By smithg89 on 08/15/13 07:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car brand new in 2007. Since then there have been no major repairs required. No check engine lights nothing. Still on the factory break pads and they're still fine! Factory battery lasted five years before we replaced it to be safe. And, after being in a front end collision, the body is durable and the car is safe. I do have a minor electrical problem with the radio but it's nothing worth writing home about. Paid $18k out the door for it (warrantied to the ceiling) and haven't looked back! Great car, sad they replaced it with the Cruize.

I got fooled
By buttarz on 02/11/13 11:40 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

After reading alal these reviews on here last February in 2012 i decided to go along with the flow and buy the cobalt. I bought it used at 50k for about $8500. Please, i beg of you, if you live anywhere where incement weather is an ongoing thing then DO NOT BUY A COBALT. i have the base ls model and i recently bought new all season tires for my front wheels and my back wheels are at about 80%. however, when it snow I have to drive at like 20 mph to avoid getting into an accident. couple weeks ago while driving, I hit a little patch of snow and my car did a 360 and hit a guard rail on the highway. Luckily there was so much snow on it the car recieved a minor scratch. the plus side is gas mile

Hate this car
By Unhappy Customer on 07/13/10 15:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I hate this car. It tends to stall and has bucking problems especially when it rains. The steering wheel ALWAYS shakes a lot around 55 mph (or anywhere between 50 and 60 mph) after using my auxiliary cord for a while the radio goes in and out as if someone were constantly inserting and removing the auxiliary cord even though the outlet is not being used. I can't forget to mention the inconvenience of manual locks and windows or the 2 recalls. Plus, it only gets an average of 23 mpg. Don't waste your money on this car!

Sick Car!
By nateo on 11/17/09 15:03 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

If you put the money into your car like the intake system, big spoiler, tires and rims, and alarm system is very cool and fun to drive. I have only had a few problems but easy to fix. I hate the headlights though, very tough to replace!

Cobalt
By Cobalt on 11/14/09 13:17 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

So far a good car. Has 60k on it now. Good MPG. About 30mpg avg. Nice looking car. Boring interior. Would recommend getting higher model with power opts. Dislike the cup holders. Way to big. Drinks spill all the time when turning. Dislike where the seat adjustments are. Hard to reach while in the car. Great car, fun being a 5- speed. Peppy 2.2L ecotec motor. Just take care of it, and it will do the same. Like any car! =)

Great Car
By Matt on 11/08/09 02:55 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Cobalt for 2 years now and I have yet to have a problem out of it. Ive put performance parts on it as well as a body kit and rims and I drive it like I stole it every time I drive. I have the 5-speed manual transmission and I change the oil every 2500 miles. The car is great I have never had any problems from anything to do with the engine or transmission. I had a problem with the radio but it was covered under warranty and fixed the next day. I would recommend the car to anyone. If your into performance and style its great there are tons of parts and they are easy to install. The 2.2L is a great engine and runs like a champ with plenty of power to go around.

Buy only if your in it for the long haul
By turbofiat on 09/29/09 16:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is a good little car but I wouldn't buy one unless your in it for the long haul. If you want something that's good on gas, fun to drive and cheap, the Cobalt is a good choice but I wouldn't buy a GM product unless I planned on keeping it for 10 years. It's poor resale value overwhelms the cost of paying it off. Overall it's a well built car but the plastic interior is a bit cheap. Also don't slam the glove box or it will crack at the opener like mine did.

Cobalt Fan
By Teen in Iowa on 04/01/09 13:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This was the car my parents bought for me. It's a 5 manual but still is fun to drive. I've had no problems with the car. Easy to handle, and quick standard engine. Gets ok gas mileage in city and highway mileage is great. Love the smooth ride.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.