2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
This car got old in a hurry.
By gbreadman on 04/29/14 08:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in January 2007. I liked it a lot, especially when gas was $5 a gallon in 2008 and within a week all the dealer lots were full of huge SUV's and no compacts were to be seen. Now it has 63000 miles on it and it's needed some work, especially the front-end (most of which is discussed in the "improvements" section). It was a very sensible car, and still is...but if you're not a DIY'ing shade-tree mechanic you'll be very disappointed with the early repair costs.

This is the last GM I will every buy
By ebcobalt on 08/29/13 11:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cobalt as a GM Certified Pre-Owned in early 2011. It was 3 years old and had 1 owner, 32,000 miles on it. It was a good deal... or so I thought. Not including the 2 re-call repairs I have had this car in the shop so many times that a $8,500 steal became a $13,500 robbery. This does not include the minor things I have not fixed: the cheap plastic interior parts are all broken/ breaking, the speakers blown out when I only listen to easy listening at reasonable volumes, etc. The headlamps, turn signals, fuses all need to be replaced at regular intervals (every 3 months!). I do regular maintenance and keep it up too, but it still breaks. Cutting my losses now and leasing a Honda.

Fantastic Car 60k miles and still going strong!
By smithg89 on 08/15/13 07:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car brand new in 2007. Since then there have been no major repairs required. No check engine lights nothing. Still on the factory break pads and they're still fine! Factory battery lasted five years before we replaced it to be safe. And, after being in a front end collision, the body is durable and the car is safe. I do have a minor electrical problem with the radio but it's nothing worth writing home about. Paid $18k out the door for it (warrantied to the ceiling) and haven't looked back! Great car, sad they replaced it with the Cruize.

I got fooled
By buttarz on 02/11/13 11:40 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

After reading alal these reviews on here last February in 2012 i decided to go along with the flow and buy the cobalt. I bought it used at 50k for about $8500. Please, i beg of you, if you live anywhere where incement weather is an ongoing thing then DO NOT BUY A COBALT. i have the base ls model and i recently bought new all season tires for my front wheels and my back wheels are at about 80%. however, when it snow I have to drive at like 20 mph to avoid getting into an accident. couple weeks ago while driving, I hit a little patch of snow and my car did a 360 and hit a guard rail on the highway. Luckily there was so much snow on it the car recieved a minor scratch. the plus side is gas mile

Worst Car Ever!
By arabella on 07/20/12 17:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the worst car that I've ever had. My parents even agreed. It was my graduation present for high school. First thing that went wrong, while I was driving down to start my first year of college, the speaker on the drive side blew in and out, then finally out. I continuously kept trying to take it to the dealership but they REFUSED to talk to me because 1. I'm a woman and 2. I'm blonde so I can't know what I'm talking about. My dad had to take it to a Chrysler dealership before anyone else would fix it. The ignition switch locked up on me twice. Then the front right tire blew out on me while I was driving. Last, but not least, there were TWO gas leaks in the car.

Not a bad little car.
By joe_e on 05/28/12 19:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my '07 in '09 as a certified GM used vehicle with 33k miles, upped the warranty to 75k. At first, I was somewhat disinterested. Styling could stand to be less Cavalier-ey, but I needed something to get 25+ on the highway. During my tenure of ownership (through 2012) it performed flawlessly. I put almost 43k miles on it in 3 years, and while it was never an 'awesome' car, it far, far exceeded my expectations. Wife traded it for an Avenger, and the car sold before we even got the new car off the lot. I'll miss this one.

I hate this car so much!!!!
By mrunkows on 05/18/11 22:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I thought for sure I was trading in my beater car for a nice reliable car. Wow was I wrong. This car is so horrible in the snow, there is literally no control on the smallest amount of snow. It even spins out when your going real slow. You probably would have better luck getting to where your going safely if you got out and walked. This car is terrible. It just spins out all the time. If you live in a place where it never snows, then this is a good car. I literally cannot stand this car at all. Everyone knows this car is crap in the snow. In general its a crappy car.

Hate this car
By Unhappy Customer on 07/13/10 15:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I hate this car. It tends to stall and has bucking problems especially when it rains. The steering wheel ALWAYS shakes a lot around 55 mph (or anywhere between 50 and 60 mph) after using my auxiliary cord for a while the radio goes in and out as if someone were constantly inserting and removing the auxiliary cord even though the outlet is not being used. I can't forget to mention the inconvenience of manual locks and windows or the 2 recalls. Plus, it only gets an average of 23 mpg. Don't waste your money on this car!

Beats a civic all to hell
By Cory on 04/10/10 08:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Car works great, lots of power for 4 cyl. I've had it going 220 km/h, way better car for the money than a Civic. However the electronic power steering failed me but gm has since recalled it at no cost to me, also the front suspension is not built to last, will need struts soon at 78,000 kilometers. The 7 speaker pioneer stereo sounds great with factory XM is a must also the 17 inch wheels look great and car handles perfectly at high speeds, looks great in black with limo tint Windows. Overall very happy with the appearance and performance

do yourself a favor and stay away
By don'tbuy on 01/08/10 08:41 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new and it has been in the shop more and for longer periods of time than ANY other car I have owned. I am picking it up again today from the dealership after the transmission was rebuilt at 10,788 miles. There is a water leak that they have yet to find and the car smells like mold. They want me to bring it back when the new carpet they ordered for it comes in! this has been an ongoing thing since early last summer with the mold. The first time they just sprayed something in the vents. there is standing water in the trunk wheel well.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.