Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Petey's Cobalt
By David Peterson

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had very few problems. With the exception of the 5 speed manual transmission. Poorly designed manual transmission. The transmission end rail pin part number 90490900 keeps breaking. The car has left me stranded several times. Once this little pin snaps you have no connection to the transmission. You are either stuck in neutral or one particular gear. Wish I had chosen a 2008 it has a turbo instead of the supercharger and has 60 horsepower more. Back than a superchargers boost could not be varied without changing the pulley system. That has changed in recent years.

Back than a manual transmission was the way to go. A 5 or 6 speed manual beat a 4 speed automatic any day of the week.

Beats a civic all to hell
By Cory

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Car works great, lots of power for 4 cyl. I've had it going 220 km/h, way better car for the money than a Civic. However the electronic power steering failed me but gm has since recalled it at no cost to me, also the front suspension is not built to last, will need struts soon at 78,000 kilometers. The 7 speaker pioneer stereo sounds great with factory XM is a must also the 17 inch wheels look great and car handles perfectly at high speeds, looks great in black with limo tint Windows. Overall very happy with the appearance and performance

xm radio with subwoofer sound system, rear spoiler, 17 inch aluminum wheels

better front suspension, also trunk is huge but the hole is tiny.

Peice of junk
By bart18n

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Everything seems to be falling apart day by day. Brakes have been replaced 3 times in two years. Front stabilizer bar has been replaced twice and I live in a city. new rattles every day that are impossible to pinpoint as they come from everything from the back panels in the back seat to the suspension to sun visors! went over a bump and the housing for the sunroof button just fell out of the headliner. Thankfully everything has been replaced under warranty except for brakes which is a big concern because they are quite expensive to replace if you have to replace them twice a year! only good things is the stereo which always sounds awesome and can really pound and the engine its self

engine is quite quiet and has good power. Stereo sounds amazing

Build a good car then drop that good engine in it

I wanted a safe, dependable car
By Sad Dad

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a safe dependable car to send my daughter off to college. She liked the sporty look, and we shopped until we found one with the bells and whistles. The car has 37,000 miles on it, so the bumper to bumper has expired (barely-- 36,000). While she was driving from Nashville, the power steering just quit working. I'm glad she wasn't in a turn! Dealership and GM are not very sympathetic, but when I googled "Cobalt power steering," I found that this problem is widespread. I hope that anyone considering the Cobalt will use google and research this power steering failure.

Sunroof, definitely.

The electric power steering needs to be recalled and replaced.

2007 SS
By Katie

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Cobalt, but I am worried about it's reliability. My visor broke after I had the car about a year. I have not even had the car 2 years and the top part of my shifter knob just broke off along with the plugs for the chargers no longer working. Also, the emergency break went out. Great that it's still under warranty, but what am I going to do after that?

leather seats, heated seats, cute car, great manual shifting

bigger opening for trunk, stop being cheap on the little parts