2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Reliable and sporty
By jeaninmt on 07/27/14 21:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought used with 30,000. Put on 150,000 miles. We live in Montana and it winters well. Its gone through 3 brake jobs but no other repairs. Mpg on highway mid 30 mpg, less in winter. Not made for gravel roads which we live on. The wheels go out of balance easily with mud and dirt or snow build up. It's not a car for teaching kids to drive as the steering is a little too quick. Trunk is tight to get a cooler in. A small kids bike will go in. It's amazing in parking lots and great for quick acceleration to get on the freeway.

So DONE with Chevys
By samaochoa on 08/04/13 11:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I haven't had any huge major probs happen, other than the 2 recalls fuel pump and power steering pumps, which Chevy fixed. I have had lots of electrical probs, the wire burnt up on the blower motor, I fixed that and now my ac/heater is stuck in defrost, it will go hot and cold and you hear the compressor kicking on and off, but its stuck in defrost. Its always small things, but Im done. I only owe $600 on the damn thing and a trade in is in the near future. I loved my cavalier, never had a prob that's why I traded it in for a cobalt and probs since day 1

Good for the first 30K
By billyblurst on 08/07/12 04:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car because it was the right price. 6 months after the purchase date, the gearbox had to be taken-apart. Within a year and a half from the purchase date, a control arm bushing, wheel bearing, and the catalytic converter had to be replaced. Yesterday, the check engine light came on. Again. Do yourself a favour and spend a little extra coin from the get-go, because if you buy a Cobalt it'll cost you the same as a Charger or a Crown Vic in the long-run, but all you'll have in the end is a Cobalt.

[violative content deleted]
By morganchay on 07/14/11 21:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

When I first got this car I loved it, super cheap on gas, smooth ride... but slowly problems become nothing but common. When I fuel up I have to push my gas pedal as I start my car, even though it is a fuel injected car... Just recently when I started my car out of nowhere it was idling as if it was a diesel engine vehicle and it definitively is not a diesel engine. As well as it has barely any power and has trouble getting up to speed. Most people have told me it could be lifters, transmission, or timing belt. My car does have a lot of mileage and I know with a lot of mileage comes issues but these issues are all to common with other Cobalts. If anyone has a solution it would be appreciated

Junk!
By usereks1187 on 06/09/10 08:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought car when it was one year old, spent so much time in shop I got a second car so I had something to drive. All the interior trim has broken the front end has pretty much fallen apart steering is awful had many transmission problems. Dealership service along with GM customer service is the worst I have ever seen. Do yourself a favor and a big headache get something other then GM.

Awful arm rest
By lee on 05/17/10 13:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

After reading a number of complaints, I can count myself blessed. My problem is the arm rest that collapse under warranty and now has collapsed again. The trim around the sun roof fell off. I was told that I had to purchase the kit & it was simple to snap back in place. I couldn't do it. Paid 48.00 for the dealer to put it on, same problem the trim has fallen off again. Visor mirror cover snap off in my hand. Buyer beware of the small things too.

Regret buying
By Sean on 04/21/08 12:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Car runs well, no problem under the hood but its built crappy. After a while car rattles on highway when pushing on brake. This car is not reliable. I bought this car Feb of 2008 and traded it in for a brand new Scion tc this month. Car is not worth it.

Great Little Car
By Jim on 01/04/08 17:05 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Great car, with good gas mileage, performace, quiet, good ride quality and handling

Lemon!
By rattler on 07/18/07 02:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my new 2007 Cobalt in July 2007, pulled off the dealer lot to get groceries, and noticed my front running light was out on the passenger side of the car. Went thru the first tank of gas, fair gas mileage, started to hear a rattle in the front passenger side of the dashboard, started to rattle after 800 miles on the Cobalt! Should have gotten a Honda Civic EX!

Great Commuter Car
By Schlog on 05/25/07 20:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased this car as a commuter for my wife, really not expecting an exceptional vehicle for $13,500 out the door. My feelings have changed after making several day long drives, really taking a liking to the car. With 266 miles on the odometer we're getting 39 miles per gallon on the interstate, really great on a car that advertised 34 MPG Hwy. Secondly it handles exceptionally well and is comfortable to drive. 95% of the time I drive a full size truck, never paying attention to the fact that your constantly scrutinizing your size in a given space... it does weigh on you in commuting. This is a nice car and we're actually discssing getting another in the Pontiac version. So far, elated!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.