Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Reliable and sporty
By jeaninmt

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought used with 30,000. Put on 150,000 miles. We live in Montana and it winters well. Its gone through 3 brake jobs but no other repairs. Mpg on highway mid 30 mpg, less in winter. Not made for gravel roads which we live on. The wheels go out of balance easily with mud and dirt or snow build up. It's not a car for teaching kids to drive as the steering is a little too quick. Trunk is tight to get a cooler in. A small kids bike will go in. It's amazing in parking lots and great for quick acceleration to get on the freeway.

Favorite Features

It comes in orange! Its been very reliable for us. It's a 65 mile trip to town so it's mostly highway miles and does well.

Suggested Improvements

Definitely better brakes. A couple more inches on the trunk door opening would have made life a lot easier for hauling groceries in and out. At about 150,000 miles the trip computer seemed to lose reliability, showing up to 42 mpg with no changes in driving or anything.

So DONE with Chevys
By samaochoa

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I haven't had any huge major probs happen, other than the 2 recalls fuel pump and power steering pumps, which Chevy fixed. I have had lots of electrical probs, the wire burnt up on the blower motor, I fixed that and now my ac/heater is stuck in defrost, it will go hot and cold and you hear the compressor kicking on and off, but its stuck in defrost. Its always small things, but Im done. I only owe $600 on the damn thing and a trade in is in the near future. I loved my cavalier, never had a prob that's why I traded it in for a cobalt and probs since day 1

Good for the first 30K
By billyblurst

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car because it was the right price. 6 months after the purchase date, the gearbox had to be taken-apart. Within a year and a half from the purchase date, a control arm bushing, wheel bearing, and the catalytic converter had to be replaced. Yesterday, the check engine light came on. Again. Do yourself a favour and spend a little extra coin from the get-go, because if you buy a Cobalt it'll cost you the same as a Charger or a Crown Vic in the long-run, but all you'll have in the end is a Cobalt.

Favorite Features

Decent pick-up. When it runs.

Suggested Improvements

The interior is a joke. Everything is made out of the cheapest plastic imaginable. The passenger side mirror has been in the glove box since breaking off in the first week of ownership. Also, this car was specifically designed, apparently, to have the most horrendous blind spots as possible. You either have to lean forward [like, head past the top of the steering wheel] at stop lights to check for pedestrians who may be crossing, or risk hitting them.

[violative content deleted]
By morganchay

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

When I first got this car I loved it, super cheap on gas, smooth ride... but slowly problems become nothing but common. When I fuel up I have to push my gas pedal as I start my car, even though it is a fuel injected car... Just recently when I started my car out of nowhere it was idling as if it was a diesel engine vehicle and it definitively is not a diesel engine. As well as it has barely any power and has trouble getting up to speed. Most people have told me it could be lifters, transmission, or timing belt. My car does have a lot of mileage and I know with a lot of mileage comes issues but these issues are all to common with other Cobalts. If anyone has a solution it would be appreciated

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

I think that GM could have made this car more dependable and better quality.

Junk!
By usereks1187

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought car when it was one year old, spent so much time in shop I got a second car so I had something to drive. All the interior trim has broken the front end has pretty much fallen apart steering is awful had many transmission problems. Dealership service along with GM customer service is the worst I have ever seen. Do yourself a favor and a big headache get something other then GM.

Favorite Features

Leather heated seats, pioneer speakers, sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

better customer service, better build quality.