Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Good Cars With a Few Issues
By Jerry in Missouri

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, I think Chevy Cobalts are good cars. The issues they have are similar to ones the Cavalier had, which are a cheap front suspension which will most likely require a few repairs, and a few safety issues, namely side crash test scores (poor without side curtain airbags). I would recommend getting a 2008-2010 Cobalt if you are concerned about the side crash test scores because they automatically came with side curtain airbags as a standard feature. It's possible that an 05-07 could have gotten them as an option, but most likely not. The Cobalt is a solid, attractive car that gets good gas mileage. Reliability is pretty good. If you do buy any year Chevy Cobalt, make sure you check that it has had the recalls taken care of, as all Cobalts were subject to a few recalls pertaining to the ignition/steering column. These cars have a smooth enjoyable ride but if you go over a raised bump you will definitely feel it, and do your best to avoid bumps as the front suspension is somewhat fragile in my opinion. I have noticed that the Cobalts have really good body integrity--usually even the 10 year old Cobalts still look good with no rust or bumpers falling off, etc. UNLIKE the Cavalier, which tend to fall apart piece by piece unless they are babied. A few random cons for the Cobalt are: Trunk is hard to open, and lid is heavy; mouth of trunk is too small to take in larger items that might otherwise fit; backseat is very cramped with little legroom so plan on anyone other than a child or dwarf hating it. All in all, I might consider buying another of these cars if it had the features and appearance I wanted on one.

Never Again!
By madashell11

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

where to start...hmmm 2007 4 dr cobalt , parts going after 3 mnths transmission synchro mesh No it is not my driving, suspension all of it replaced , battery has died, starter once , brakes are all kinds of messed up stabilizing link pooched ...worst car ever owned had a 500 $ car once that was more reliable!

No favorite features ,the console is poorly designed too too cramped everything is stuffed into a small area.

Did you even test drive these things? I was raised a chevy girl but now my next purchase will be a ford! Thanks for nothing

I can't wait get a new car
By tiredofthispos

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My parents got the cobalt for me 3 yrs ago as my 1st car. I wanted a jetta. I have had numerous problems. After 6 mo:shift nob got really loose, automatic Windows randomly go out. I have taken the car to the dealer 3x and it still does this. After 1 yr:fuel pump died, the int. Handle bubbled up. After 2 yrs:sun visor mirror cover and a defroster vent broke off. All but 1 speaker has gone out, a seat belt that is rarely used broke, turning signal stopped making clicking noise. I have taken my car to the dealer numerous times. The nob and handle were fixed. The warranty would not fix:speakers, vents, visor. Had to pay $130 just to see if it would cover the seat belt; it didn't. Windows still don't work.

Fun to drive, good on gas, spacious trunk, satellite radio, automatic lights, remote start, aux outlet, center console, good for very short road trips and around town

better quality interior,light gray interior is very hard to keep clean, Better warranties that cover its failures.uncomfortable Backseats have poor legroom if you are over 5'5. needs more compartment space.My little bro gets this car as his 1st. Can't wait to get either a Nissan Cube or Honda Fit.

Love the car minus fueling issues.
By Gas Cap Sad

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bough this car used (with very little mileage) for it's afford-ability and safety reviews. It is important to note Cobalts are smaller cars, but for your average sized woman it fits my just fine. Love the car, the only issue I've had has to do with fueling. The check in code suggest I replace my gas cap. Then it worked for about a month and it's back on. So now anytime I fuel up the car stalls. I have a mechanic friend looking into it but apparently it could be the pressure gauge. This car also was recalled but the power steering issue is only if your going under 15 miles an hour. It's easily corrected by speeding up a little.

The look, the price, the interior, the huge trunk for such a small size.

I'm not the only one with the fill up issue. A better gas cap/neck/tank system should be looked into to prevent these issues.

Love my Cobalt
By Walt L

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it new and have 50,000 miles. I went from a Sierra Pickup to a Cobalt. It's not a truck but great gas mileage and no problems other than a noisy fan at low speed.