Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Worst Car Ever!
By arabella

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the worst car that I've ever had. My parents even agreed. It was my graduation present for high school. First thing that went wrong, while I was driving down to start my first year of college, the speaker on the drive side blew in and out, then finally out. I continuously kept trying to take it to the dealership but they REFUSED to talk to me because 1. I'm a woman and 2. I'm blonde so I can't know what I'm talking about. My dad had to take it to a Chrysler dealership before anyone else would fix it. The ignition switch locked up on me twice. Then the front right tire blew out on me while I was driving. Last, but not least, there were TWO gas leaks in the car.

The color: candy apple red. The gas mileage was alright, nothing too special though

GM could have made this car more reliable and dependable. If you want that: seriously don't go with Chevy!

Not a bad little car.
By joe_e

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my '07 in '09 as a certified GM used vehicle with 33k miles, upped the warranty to 75k. At first, I was somewhat disinterested. Styling could stand to be less Cavalier-ey, but I needed something to get 25+ on the highway. During my tenure of ownership (through 2012) it performed flawlessly. I put almost 43k miles on it in 3 years, and while it was never an 'awesome' car, it far, far exceeded my expectations. Wife traded it for an Avenger, and the car sold before we even got the new car off the lot. I'll miss this one.

Upgraded Pioneer stereo. Driving lights (not fog lamps). My first impression of the transmission was lackluster, but over time as you get to know it, it starts showing you what it can do. Never had a problem getting up to speed to merge onto the interstate, and when passing was needed, she showed right up.

Seats needed to be a little bit less commuter-style and a bit more touring-style. They got rid of the Cobalt, so it doesn't make sense to make any new suggestions :)

I hate this car so much!!!!
By mrunkows

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I thought for sure I was trading in my beater car for a nice reliable car. Wow was I wrong. This car is so horrible in the snow, there is literally no control on the smallest amount of snow. It even spins out when your going real slow. You probably would have better luck getting to where your going safely if you got out and walked. This car is terrible. It just spins out all the time. If you live in a place where it never snows, then this is a good car. I literally cannot stand this car at all. Everyone knows this car is crap in the snow. In general its a crappy car.

How freakin crappy it drives in the snow. I love how it spins out, that's my favorite.

do yourself a favor and stay away
By don'tbuy

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new and it has been in the shop more and for longer periods of time than ANY other car I have owned. I am picking it up again today from the dealership after the transmission was rebuilt at 10,788 miles. There is a water leak that they have yet to find and the car smells like mold. They want me to bring it back when the new carpet they ordered for it comes in! this has been an ongoing thing since early last summer with the mold. The first time they just sprayed something in the vents. there is standing water in the trunk wheel well.

xm radio

even the slightest quality control should improve this lemon

start saving now for monthy for repairs
By SCsCrazyItalian

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very fun to drive and has a cute body, but those are about the only good things I have to say about the car. In the very few months I have had the car I have had; the breaks replaced, had to buy a new battery and have had the whole gear shift unit replaced. It is not practical at all. There is no space what so ever in the back seat. The inside paint scratches way too easily and the stereo razzes very easily. Over all just not a practical car. Oh and if you get one with a fin on the back forget about rear visibility.

I love the fun of driving a car so low to the ground. I can whip it around like it's nothing. The body style is cute. I have gotten a lot of "oh your car is sooo cute". The ultimate girly body style.

Higher quality parts. Better stock stereo system.Better visibly all around.