2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Still Reliable at >121,000 Miles
By momalley1 on 08/13/14 16:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in Dec. 2007 and have put more than 121K miles on it. This has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. Other than replacement of the recalled ignition switch and electric power steering motor; and a repositioning and splicing of the daytime running light harness at the radiator support and oiling of the HVAC fan, this car has had no other maintenance other than prescribed preventive service, which I do myself. Maintenance on this car is simple and not expensive.

Expensive Mistake
By cmbear on 07/11/14 02:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car used with 10k miles. Loved it at first, then the it revealed its' true colors. I have replaced the wheel bearings, sway bars, control arms and bushings three times. The second time the repair was under warranty. The first and third were quite expensive. Additionally, the inside door handles have peeled. I have just paid it off and am ready to get rid of this monster. Learned my lesson. Chevy won't get my business again.

Excellent car
By bloodytrenches on 05/04/13 14:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 07 cobalt LS auto-trans in 09 with 40K miles as a bank repo. Today it has 105K. Ive never had to have major work done. The most expensive repairs have been the front wheel bearings 200-300. The passenger one went out a couple years ago and just now the drivers side is going. I've had quite a few wheel alignments but not in the past 2 years since took it back to the machanic since it was still out of alignment. The tires still don't wear evenly, but I am rough on cars and the roads I drive on are terrible. When it rains or snows I slide easily at the stop sign, but no issues on the road as long as I don't speed. Oh I forgot, something went wrong with my radio after a car hit me

I HATE this car!!
By madwomanraving on 12/13/12 05:25 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it brand new off the lot with 3 miles on it in 2007. It is now 2012, it has 137,000 miles on it. As soon as the warranty was up..BOOM clutch went out. I got it repaired at a lovely 1200.00 and 2 years later...it's out again...replaced it AGAIN another 1200.00 and the next year...transmission goes. Long story short..I am currently installing the FOURTH clutch on this car and it has it's 3rd transmission installed. Apparently there is a little secret with the defective Syncros and the fact that the MORONS at GM used ATF in my Manual Trans vehicle due to a design flaw that has a smaller hole for the fluid to go through. GM this car sucks & I will NEVER buy one or recommend one.

Cute and Decent Car
By Nina on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my chevy cobalt for almost 2 weeks now and so far no major complaints. The ride is smooth. When I go over rough bumps on the road I can hardly feel it. The braking system is very good so far and the handling isn't that bad either. The car drives fine and the engine is very quiet. Acceleration is decent and the car is rather easy to control. The inside of the car is very nice. I like the overall layout and the audio system. Some people say that the interior of the car feels cheap and plastic. In my opinion I think it is pretty sturdy and not that bad at all. Overall this was a great buy for me and hopefully I will enjoy this car for a few years.

Power Steering motor recall
By Carol on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I noticed steering issues with my 2007 LS Cobalt. The dealership replaced it at no cost to me since there was a recall. It has made a huge difference in the feeling of control when I'm driving. I don't drive much so I wasn't sure if I was just imagining this lack of control or not but I feel a lot safer now.

Got a Good One
By Mike on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The longer I have my Cobalt, the more I appreciate it. I bought a basic LS model at the end of 2007 to get me to and from work. I have a 60 mile commute daily and it just doesn't make sense to wear out a high-priced car so quickly. My car has 49K miles and only one thing has had to be repaired: a wire in the engine compartment that powers the daytime running lights flexed to much and broke. That's it. The steering column and power steering motor was replaced under the recall, but I never had any steering issues. I do the maintenance on the car myself, which is very simple and inexpensive. The car is comfortable and handles well. Best commuter car purchase I could have made.

So far, so good
By Carol on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2007 Cobalt LS when it was approx. 1.6 yrs. old. I was very nervous about buying a NA car and it took me about twenty-five years to buy another one. So far, I've been very happy with my car. I'm very proud of it's appearance. I don't expect it to be completely problem free now, but so far I have just had the oil changed. The dealership has been very good to me. I'm okay with the standard door locks...less to go wrong...and I'm not in a hurry. If this one does well, I will buy another NA car. I love the way the back end of this car looks. For the money...it's been great.

Great Gas mileage, Nice Car
By Persephone on 09/06/10 06:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for 2 years. It is very reliable, great on gas. I drive both a lot of city and Highway miles. I avg. 34-35 mpg on the hwy @ 55-60 mph. 32-33 mpg @ 65-75 mph. City avg 28-29 mpg. I noticed a prior owner complained of the steering shake. Mine had that too until someone mentioned that is loose bearings. I had it serviced (not too expensive); problem solved. I had to replace the shocks and struts (warranty covered) but then I do a lot of driving in bad road conditions (Lots of potholes and uneven pavement). Always liked this car - my husband just found the same model and year with 23,000 miles for $10,900 and is buying it this week.

My Review
By Rachel on 08/23/10 19:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the worst car I have ever driven. Been in the shop more than 4 times. Air conditioner flooded passenger side floor board. Radiator had to be replaced, head gasket replaced and told I need a new engine. Steering wheel shakes when you get over 55 mph and shakes when I slow down. Fuel system sucks. Oil and fuel meter in car not accurate. I will never buy from Chevy again after owning this piece of junk car. Don't buy a Chevy cobalt!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.