Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Good for the first 30K
By billyblurst

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car because it was the right price. 6 months after the purchase date, the gearbox had to be taken-apart. Within a year and a half from the purchase date, a control arm bushing, wheel bearing, and the catalytic converter had to be replaced. Yesterday, the check engine light came on. Again. Do yourself a favour and spend a little extra coin from the get-go, because if you buy a Cobalt it'll cost you the same as a Charger or a Crown Vic in the long-run, but all you'll have in the end is a Cobalt.

Favorite Features

Decent pick-up. When it runs.

Suggested Improvements

The interior is a joke. Everything is made out of the cheapest plastic imaginable. The passenger side mirror has been in the glove box since breaking off in the first week of ownership. Also, this car was specifically designed, apparently, to have the most horrendous blind spots as possible. You either have to lean forward [like, head past the top of the steering wheel] at stop lights to check for pedestrians who may be crossing, or risk hitting them.

Never Again!
By madashell11

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

where to start...hmmm 2007 4 dr cobalt , parts going after 3 mnths transmission synchro mesh No it is not my driving, suspension all of it replaced , battery has died, starter once , brakes are all kinds of messed up stabilizing link pooched ...worst car ever owned had a 500 $ car once that was more reliable!

Favorite Features

No favorite features ,the console is poorly designed too too cramped everything is stuffed into a small area.

Suggested Improvements

Did you even test drive these things? I was raised a chevy girl but now my next purchase will be a ford! Thanks for nothing

[violative content deleted]
By morganchay

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

When I first got this car I loved it, super cheap on gas, smooth ride... but slowly problems become nothing but common. When I fuel up I have to push my gas pedal as I start my car, even though it is a fuel injected car... Just recently when I started my car out of nowhere it was idling as if it was a diesel engine vehicle and it definitively is not a diesel engine. As well as it has barely any power and has trouble getting up to speed. Most people have told me it could be lifters, transmission, or timing belt. My car does have a lot of mileage and I know with a lot of mileage comes issues but these issues are all to common with other Cobalts. If anyone has a solution it would be appreciated

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

I think that GM could have made this car more dependable and better quality.

Worst Car we've ever had.
By colemyst

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Three years old 6000 miles on it and this is what we got. Continual noises, squeaking, chirping, clicking, grinding squealing noises, taillight filled with moisture, shifting stick slips, steering column needed to be change twice, power steering motor needs to be change - now recalled, bushings replaced, surge tank faulty, list goes on. The car probably won't. Car still has noises even after mechanics works on it, saying it was fixed. HA They must be trained to say it because they all do don't they?

Favorite Features

The MPG is good but, owner doesn't drive fast.

Suggested Improvements

Fire your engineers. You should have spruced up the Prizm and dumped this lemon.

Lemon!
By rattler

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my new 2007 Cobalt in July 2007, pulled off the dealer lot to get groceries, and noticed my front running light was out on the passenger side of the car. Went thru the first tank of gas, fair gas mileage, started to hear a rattle in the front passenger side of the dashboard, started to rattle after 800 miles on the Cobalt! Should have gotten a Honda Civic EX!

Favorite Features

Tail lamps. Ride is smooth!

Suggested Improvements

Car rattles, needs better seats. Steering is not responsive. Better fit and finish.