2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Fun Car: When it's not in the shop.
By mjperry on 10/16/13 14:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Over the past 3 years I think my car has had a major breakdown 6 or 7 times. The first time the shifter broke. After that all problems have come from the car computer, which has died 5 or 6 times now, including today.

This is the last GM I will every buy
By ebcobalt on 08/29/13 11:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cobalt as a GM Certified Pre-Owned in early 2011. It was 3 years old and had 1 owner, 32,000 miles on it. It was a good deal... or so I thought. Not including the 2 re-call repairs I have had this car in the shop so many times that a $8,500 steal became a $13,500 robbery. This does not include the minor things I have not fixed: the cheap plastic interior parts are all broken/ breaking, the speakers blown out when I only listen to easy listening at reasonable volumes, etc. The headlamps, turn signals, fuses all need to be replaced at regular intervals (every 3 months!). I do regular maintenance and keep it up too, but it still breaks. Cutting my losses now and leasing a Honda.

Fantastic Car 60k miles and still going strong!
By smithg89 on 08/15/13 07:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car brand new in 2007. Since then there have been no major repairs required. No check engine lights nothing. Still on the factory break pads and they're still fine! Factory battery lasted five years before we replaced it to be safe. And, after being in a front end collision, the body is durable and the car is safe. I do have a minor electrical problem with the radio but it's nothing worth writing home about. Paid $18k out the door for it (warrantied to the ceiling) and haven't looked back! Great car, sad they replaced it with the Cruize.

So DONE with Chevys
By samaochoa on 08/04/13 11:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I haven't had any huge major probs happen, other than the 2 recalls fuel pump and power steering pumps, which Chevy fixed. I have had lots of electrical probs, the wire burnt up on the blower motor, I fixed that and now my ac/heater is stuck in defrost, it will go hot and cold and you hear the compressor kicking on and off, but its stuck in defrost. Its always small things, but Im done. I only owe $600 on the damn thing and a trade in is in the near future. I loved my cavalier, never had a prob that's why I traded it in for a cobalt and probs since day 1

Never Again!
By madashell11 on 05/22/13 13:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

where to start...hmmm 2007 4 dr cobalt , parts going after 3 mnths transmission synchro mesh No it is not my driving, suspension all of it replaced , battery has died, starter once , brakes are all kinds of messed up stabilizing link pooched ...worst car ever owned had a 500 $ car once that was more reliable!

Excellent car
By bloodytrenches on 05/04/13 14:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 07 cobalt LS auto-trans in 09 with 40K miles as a bank repo. Today it has 105K. Ive never had to have major work done. The most expensive repairs have been the front wheel bearings 200-300. The passenger one went out a couple years ago and just now the drivers side is going. I've had quite a few wheel alignments but not in the past 2 years since took it back to the machanic since it was still out of alignment. The tires still don't wear evenly, but I am rough on cars and the roads I drive on are terrible. When it rains or snows I slide easily at the stop sign, but no issues on the road as long as I don't speed. Oh I forgot, something went wrong with my radio after a car hit me

I got fooled
By buttarz on 02/11/13 11:40 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

After reading alal these reviews on here last February in 2012 i decided to go along with the flow and buy the cobalt. I bought it used at 50k for about $8500. Please, i beg of you, if you live anywhere where incement weather is an ongoing thing then DO NOT BUY A COBALT. i have the base ls model and i recently bought new all season tires for my front wheels and my back wheels are at about 80%. however, when it snow I have to drive at like 20 mph to avoid getting into an accident. couple weeks ago while driving, I hit a little patch of snow and my car did a 360 and hit a guard rail on the highway. Luckily there was so much snow on it the car recieved a minor scratch. the plus side is gas mile

I HATE this car!!
By madwomanraving on 12/13/12 05:25 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it brand new off the lot with 3 miles on it in 2007. It is now 2012, it has 137,000 miles on it. As soon as the warranty was up..BOOM clutch went out. I got it repaired at a lovely 1200.00 and 2 years later...it's out again...replaced it AGAIN another 1200.00 and the next year...transmission goes. Long story short..I am currently installing the FOURTH clutch on this car and it has it's 3rd transmission installed. Apparently there is a little secret with the defective Syncros and the fact that the MORONS at GM used ATF in my Manual Trans vehicle due to a design flaw that has a smaller hole for the fluid to go through. GM this car sucks & I will NEVER buy one or recommend one.

Good for the first 30K
By billyblurst on 08/07/12 04:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car because it was the right price. 6 months after the purchase date, the gearbox had to be taken-apart. Within a year and a half from the purchase date, a control arm bushing, wheel bearing, and the catalytic converter had to be replaced. Yesterday, the check engine light came on. Again. Do yourself a favour and spend a little extra coin from the get-go, because if you buy a Cobalt it'll cost you the same as a Charger or a Crown Vic in the long-run, but all you'll have in the end is a Cobalt.

Worst Car Ever!
By arabella on 07/20/12 17:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the worst car that I've ever had. My parents even agreed. It was my graduation present for high school. First thing that went wrong, while I was driving down to start my first year of college, the speaker on the drive side blew in and out, then finally out. I continuously kept trying to take it to the dealership but they REFUSED to talk to me because 1. I'm a woman and 2. I'm blonde so I can't know what I'm talking about. My dad had to take it to a Chrysler dealership before anyone else would fix it. The ignition switch locked up on me twice. Then the front right tire blew out on me while I was driving. Last, but not least, there were TWO gas leaks in the car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.