Unseen-Unknown problems
By mnguy2 on
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)
I bought an '06 Cobalt (LTZ) about a month ago and have quite the story to tell. I took the car for a two-day test drive and brought it to a trusted mechanic (everything checked out). A week later, the car stalls out on me in stop-and-go traffic, so I brought it to the dealer and they take about a week to try to figure the problem out, they are telling me they can't figure out whats wrong with it. I started driving it again and about a week later it stalled out on me twice in stop-and-go traffic...dealer has had the car for going on two weeks and still can't find the problem. FYI, I treat my cars well, I don't floor it everywhere I go...Chevy has lost my respect.
Favorite Features
Heated driver seats, somewhat attractive dash display, ability to see digital display of oil life and coolant temps.
Suggested Improvements
I suggest that Chevy focuses on building a reliable vehicle that doesn't break down every week. I owned a Ford for the last 5 years and never had a single engine/electrical/tranny/fuel system problem (and it was an 12 yr old vehicle).