2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Review: what happened?

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Review

LS Sedan (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

what happened?
By karamel20001 on

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Well it's like this..purchased car in 2006 brand new. Had fair credit at the time so being a unknowledgable I went for the high int rate. Had some set backs, but any about the car. Excellent when I first purchased. Didn't start having major problems until 110,000 miles. Took it to the dealership and sears only to be serviced. I had a transmission flush at 75,000 miles, a fuel thing for the recall, a steering issue for the recall, belt replaced, 3 rotors changed. And a long list of other things done as time went own. Now have 174,500 miles and the engine didn't pass the compression check and now they say I need a new engine at the dealership and it cost 3,100 dollars. I still owe. :(

The heat work excellent.

I wish it had the life time of a Honda or Toyota. Especially if your financing with fair credit. It should work way beyond the life of a loan. I had a chevy cobalt 2006 2.2 sedan. They should definitely look into better quality of the cars nowadays instead of the money. This just make you want to go for quality imports instead. See it wasn't really a money issue when I purchase the car, I thought I was getting quality. Now I feel like a sucker all over again. I even kept up the service on everything. Had I known this would happen I wouldn't have spent so much in servicing the car. They had the nerve to say I didn't keep it serviced. WOW!!!!