Pleasantly surprised
By Chris N. on
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
I wanted to give an American vehicle one more chance to impress me and the Cobalt been up to the task. I have the base model LS with only cruise control as an added option. It has gotten terrific gas mileage on long trips (36 mpg) and around town averages over 32 mpg. I have had no mechanical problems with it after almost 2 and half years of daily use. It still rides quietly and comfortably and has plenty of ummp! to merge into traffic on the highway. It seats 4 avg. size adults. My only complaints are lack of interior storage space and, while the storage capacity of the trunk is ample for an economy car, the trunk entry is too small. Other than that, for a daily commuter GM got it right.
Favorite Features
Looks, especially the tail. Love the round taillights. Good gas mileage and it still has enough zip to have some fun in it. Info center is pretty extensive for a base model car. Good trunk storage capacity.
Suggested Improvements
Put more thought into interior design (i.e. storage space) and trunk entry should be larger. Why not make it a hatchback?