2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Review: Piece of Junk!

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Review

Piece of Junk!
By TerBear1968 on

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Cobalt for about 6 months. In that time I have had issues with the heating and cooling system and have had them repaired. I am now having issues with it again. There are loud griding noises coming from under the hood that the mechanics there say are "normal" from the air conditioning unit. I'm sorry but there is nothing "normal" about the noise I am hearing. The gas mileage is currently running at about 13mpg in town and, if I'm lucky, 27 on the freeway. A far cry from the touted mileage on this car. I do not feel this car is reliable and though I was assured I would not need a new car for many years to come, I am currently seeking another form of transportation.

The stereo system and the heated seats.

If you are going to make a vehicle, please ensure it runs properly and is free of annoying defects before you put it on the market so that the people purchasing it are not constantly having to take it in for service!