2006 Chevrolet Cobalt 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Not bad for an entry

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Review

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Not bad for an entry level/commuter car!
By Shirl on

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car has worked perfectly! Large roomy trunk with folding back seats. Fun to drive. quieter than the ford focus I test drove. We did have a problem with the A/C actuator switch which I still have yet to fix. Makes clicking noise for 2 minutes when car is started. We will fix when actually broken. Cheap part but labor intensive as the dash has to come out. Great on gas mileage. 36/28 in Colorado! My only real complaint would be that the body easily dents and scratches. This is an entry level car. Great for College bound kid or as a commuter car. I have had no major issues 3+ years! :)

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, Low Fuel Economy Roomy enough for 4. Large trunk Cool stereo! OK in the snow. Nifty dash.

Suggested Improvements

A/C Actuator switch is cheap plastic. Dash has to come out to repair. Most people don't have $650 to fix. Body molding around door should be on all models. I bought aftermarket when the first parking lot ding happened. OH yea, a center arm rest would be nice for long drives!