I like it
By Dennis on
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I was looking for a little better gas mileage than my 99 Taurus, and since I work for a Chevy dealer the Cobalt was my choice. I really like my SS so far(pretty low miles at this point). I was worried about visibility out the back, but it hasn't been a problem. Visibility is one of my biggest complaints about GM cars in general. I drove A LS for a week before getting my SS. I was suprised how different the two models are. The LT rides better and is far quieter on the road, so if this is important to you I would drive them both before buying. The Cobalt drives and feels like a bigger car. My gas mileage at 400 miles is 24.9. not too bad, but hoping it goes up a little. very nice car.
Favorite Features
I really like the way it looks. Build quality and general construction are very good. I am a autobody repairman, so I see first hand how cars are built. This one is built very well.
Suggested Improvements
I would like the steering wheel a little lower and closer. The Wheel also blockes the top of the gauges. isolating road noise in the SS a little better would be nice.