I'm calling out the reviewer who reviewed this car originally
By stig_wanna_be on
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)
So, on that bomb shell, lets begin. The car has been awesome, I have had it for a year and put on 20,000km. The car has gobbles up twisty mountain roads with ease and inspires confidence. I think the car edmunds acquired had the cheapest tires around or are trying to get you to buy a civic. Sure I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for the plastics on the interior and the back seat but we are talking about an economy car, not a $100 million dollar machine. As per the dire lack of interior storage, this has adequate storage for the commute unless you have to store a body with you on your commute, but then again you would be using the massive trunk for that.
Favorite Features
So now unto things this car does well. Well, it'll get you from A-B, if you keep your foot out of it, you'll be rewarded with awesome fuel economy for the vintage. I absolutely love how this car doesn't have ABS, TPMS, or "traction control" or the omnipitent parent control as it should be more accurately called. I love how parts for this car are generally availible (unless you become enraged and punch your manual window regulator, that's a dealer only part). I love how this so called "dull handling" car seems to keep pace with the darling that is the Ford Fiesta that everyone raves about how great of a handler that one is. All in all, a fantastic car.
Suggested Improvements
So things I don't like so much, I miss being able to access the trunk from the seating area. I would love to see more cooling, and perhaps a method to sharpen up the throttle response, perhaps with a cable linkage to the throttle body. The accurate steering I feel could give a dash more feed back but she runs nicely as is. An all wheel drive option would have been nice but for this car I can get around fine when the going gets icey. But for those of you who have read this rant/review thank you for reading, but I have one more thing. Do yourself a favor and buy a set of Goodyear Assurance Tripletreds. She is worthy of them.