2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Review: Driver side door will not open

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Review

Driver side door will not open
By UpsetCustomer on

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Went to lunch found my drivers side door would not open. 2x before lock issues. Supposedly fixed by Riverton. Apparently not. Two weeks after same issue. Took 8 months to get it fixed. They had my parts on the shelf and never called me back. Closed the repair order waiting for payment from the warranty company. Now the damn door will not open. Want to charge me $150 just to tell me what is wrong. I cut my panel, reached in, all of the mechanisms are working. Still cant get it open. This is a recall problem. Check the web and see how many others have the issue. I refuse to pay and I will continue my journey to find someone to fix my car at no charge. Never buy a GM again.

I do a lot of driving. Has been reliable. But the recalls on it and the damn door not opening is so bad. The customer service is horrible too. I feel like I have been scammed again in life.

Tell Riverton Chevy to get off of their bottoms and do some work. I have two recalls and now the door. They were the last to work on the cars door locking issues.