CHEVROLET COBALT 2006 IS A LEMON & needs to be recalled !!
By rednozepit83 on
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I have had my 2006 Chevy Cobalt SS since 2008. I bought it used with 22,000 miles on it. Since I have had the car it has been a disaster! I have spent a few thousand on repairs not including the repairs that were done under warranty. The 1st month the sunroof motor went bad. Then the wiring to my dome lights needed to be replaced. The OEM stereo needed to be replaced at 30,000. Thermostat went bad at 40,000 miles. Both 02 exhaust sensors at 50,000 miles. The Intake & the Exhaust camshaft actuators. Catalytic converter at 60,000. BOTH back window motors bad at 65,000 miles. ALL 4 Fuel injectors bad at 75,000 miles and im sure more to come.
Favorite Features
The car came with a Pioneer sound system. I like the stereo buttons on the steering wheel. The rims are nice too. That's it. There are more things I dis-like than anything.
Suggested Improvements
Make a better car the first time. If you look up Chevy cobalt from 05-07 there are some major issues that Chevy has just turned a blind eye to. The interior of the car gets dirty so fast since it is a light gray. All of the interior hardware has a silver color coating that rubs off after a year or so. They needed to put a dome light in the back seat area and not just the one placed under the rear view. They needed to put a AV outlet in the car for a I-pod.