A very good American Car
By Mike on
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
I have had my Cobalt Coupe for a month now, and I am most impressed by the fuel economy and build quality. I am getting over 30 MPG in combined highway/city driving with the automatic. This car is assembled just as tight as a Honda or Toyota. I looked at the Corolla first, but the Chevy had more features, looked better, and was a couple of grand cheaper. I am not an import hater, as I have owned both Japanese and Korean imports in the past. GM has produced a first-rate car here at a very good price. This car is not like a Cavalier at all, it is well-built, gets good mileage, and is comfortable.
Favorite Features
I like the driver information center, the fact that the engine has a timing chain (instead of a belt that has to be replaced at 60K). The trunk is huge for a compact car, and the electric power steering is excellent. The standard 15 inch tires provide a very smooth ride. Fit and finish is great.
Suggested Improvements
Only gripe is that the car looks too much like a Cavalier on the outside, so many may mistake it for it's less than stellar predecessor. Other than that, no complaints!