2006 Chevrolet Cobalt 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - A big person in a

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Review

A big person in a little car
By Leroy Kroll on

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cobalt in June of this year and have put almost 7000 miles on it. I must admit a couple of things. First of all I am 6'1 and 240lbs, so getting into a small car would seem impossible right? Not so with the Cobalt. As a matter of fact I'm very comfortable sitting in it. I especially like the idea of being able to stretch my legs out and not have them hitting the dashboard. We recently drove to Florida and back in it. The car rode beautifully. I really liked the fuel economy I was getting during the trip. I was getting on average 34mpg, and that was doing 75mph on the highway. My wife especially likes the way the seat adjusts. All in all so far, the Cobalt is fun!

Favorite Features

The favorite features I like most is the size of the trunk with fold down seats. For instance-1 large suitcase, golf clubs, 2 folding chairs, tacklebox and travel bag, all fit in the trunk. Great gas mileage. Driver interior room. Great engine acceleration and passing capabilities, and good handling

Suggested Improvements

I'd like to see armrests for the driver and passenger in the front seat, or change the center console to accomodate one. A handle on the inside of the interior molding. Last but not least, more cubbie holes to store stuff.