2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
A Solid Package
By Mike on 05/01/06 10:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great for a commuter that likes the feel of a sports sedan. The fuel mileage is good considering the output of the engine, 171HP. The handling is crisp and the suspension absorbs very well. This is the first small Chevy that I'm eager to drive, and tell my friends about. The interior is cozy, but if you want a larger vehicle you shouldn't be looking in this class to begin with. It's a sports sedan for the economical driver!

Fun and Great on Gas
By Kristin on 05/01/06 05:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

So far I love driving my new Cobalt. For a compact car, it packs in a ton of features without adding to the price tag. Chevy has done a great job with this vehicle making it fun to drive and very practical (60/40 rear seats with lots of trunk room, well placed interior features) with great fuel economy, even for city driving. This is the first car I've bought and I couldn't be happier.

Chevy Gets It Right
By TC on 04/22/06 16:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The handing is smooth and it has that big car ride quality. The engine is torquey, pulls hard and attatched to a smooth shifting 5 speed making it a blast to drive. The interior and exterior fit and fininsh are comparable to Toyota and Honda. It's got a great stereo and extremely spacious trunk. The gas mileage is awesome. There's nothing not to like about Chevy's Cobalt sedan.

Consistency
By ImportBuster on 04/15/06 20:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Car drives great. Don't feel the bumps much but hear them like cracking noises. First few thousand miles were good but in the cold Vermont winters the car took so much gas. About 19 mpg mix of city and highway. It would make loud noises from the heater fan when cold. On ice would lose the car accelerator functionality for about 10 seconds. Even if just one wheel touches some ice - no gas pedal. The car feels sturdy even at high speeds and the steering gets stiffer as we go faster. Car is fast with good pickup and great sound system. The transmission is having trouble already in deciding what gear to take.

2006 COBALT
By S Kirtwright on 04/14/06 20:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The Cobalt has a simple but true fact that it is easy to keep in track on the highway even in high cross wind situations. The gas mileage that I got was higher than what it was rated for, but the roads that I was traveling on were it very good condition.

I Love It
By Carol on 04/07/06 17:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car last week and just love it. My son bought one in November last year and I took his out for a drive one day and had to get one. I traded in a 2000 Malibu with only 47,000 miles on it. It has great gas mileage which is great now the way the gas prices are going again. I will be hanging on to this car for a while.

No reservations about this choice!
By Bill Oetjen on 03/19/06 20:03 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Hi - This is my second brand new Chevy. After a couple of Fords, I bought a used S10 pickup and found it to be reliable and cheap to keep. Then I bought a new one (this was after decades of swearing I'd never buy a GM). That S10 is the most trouble-free vehicle I've ever owned. So, when it was time for a new passenger car, I compared the Cobalt to lots of similar imports and found it to have the best blend of features, performance, and economy. The 5 speed is the way to go.

One last chance
By Mercury on 03/05/06 06:57 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

One last chance for GM, mainly because of GM card credits. Initial impression is favorable. The Cobalt LS is quiet, responsive, basic. I like the higher seating position and the information display on the dash (outside temp-mileage-economy-coolant temp-trip odometers). Seats are firm, comfortable for a short ride. Fuel economy is good. Dependability is the question mark. So far-so good.

Sweet ride
By TiMmY on 02/12/06 11:15 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had this car for a couple months and I love it. It's fun to drive and has just the right amount of room. The only problem I've had is bad city gas mileage.

Best Car Chevy Builds
By kyle86 on 02/02/06 16:10 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Needed something that was going to be better on gas but still looked great. Looked at Corrolla (don't like a 4 door), Civic (weird styling) and Scion Tc (just not impressed). Glad I stayed with Chevy and bought American! The car is such a huge improvement over the Cavalier you cannot even compare the two. The 2.4L engine is great off the line but I'm not the biggest fan of VVT (variable valve timing.) I just hit 6,000 miles and still not one concern. I did have it in the garage because the sunroof button fell out of the roof, a common problem according to the dealer.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.