2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Great Buy
By Vic on 07/06/06 17:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Overall its a great little car, excellent fuel economy, and plenty of power. I even tow my 16" boat with it! It is sharp looking and drives great considering the price. Not a lot of bells and whistles, but I think its a great buy for the money.

Excellent
By 2006 Cobalt LS 4 dr on 07/01/06 07:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Overall performance is great and gas mileage was a lot better on highway. I got better than 32 miles per gallon. I also thought the shape of the car was dynamic and it resembles other high end cars of the market, which makes this car affordable, but stylish. Recommended to young people.

Feels Great So Far
By Angel on 06/28/06 21:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car recently and I must say that so far this feels like the best investment I have ever made, overall the car looks decent, great acceleration, very smooth ride, I can't complain

Not a Porsche but not $40,000
By Lee on 06/15/06 00:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Cobalt for 7 months and it is time to rate it. It's great. I'm really a big car fan but this is a fun car. I drive about 250 miles every 4 to 5 days and I enjoy. I got every option except the ashtray for $18,200, let's see Honda beat that. Okay it does have cheap plastic interior like thay say but for the money I think it is a fine car.

Poor Quality Car
By joewee on 06/10/06 09:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Unlike most of the forgien manufacture, GM firmly believes you get what you pay for and that phlosophy is refected in this vehicle. It's just simply of poor quality and GM has a long line of excuses to explain its poor quality away. Excuses they are justifiable, they are not. After owning 12 General Motor vehicles, I have come to the conclusion that any GM vehicle outside of their trucks and SUV are just disposable. It truthfully saddens me to see a car manufacturer I once loved produce such garbage and then justify its short comings through excuses that they expect the dealerships to pass along.

Say No to GM
By joewee on 06/09/06 20:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have 8700 miles on the car (bought it new 05). I have had that CD player problem randomly, the brakes are pretty crappy, I have had replace the stock tires Conties stink, had two alignments (have never hit anything), the front fenders where they are joined to the inner fender wall are about 2mm out of spec (5.5mm) the front bumper cover never matched the rest of the car after complaining to the point of a coronary they painted it, still doesnÂ’t match. Must be the material they are made of. Now since I got the car back the top end of the engine clatters for about 5-10min on cold start (crappy oil pump) it takes forever to prime.

Practical and Fun
By JBM on 06/09/06 10:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I was pleasantly surprised at the interior design ideas that went into the Cobalt. With four children, the weight sensing air bag control made this car a practical choice for our family. The seat and steering wheel adjustments made it easy for wife, husband, and teenager to comfortably drive the car. The cup holders actually hold normal-sized cups. The car handles very well. It is responsive to acceleration, steering and braking. For a smaller car it offers a satisifyingly quiet and smooth ride.

Chevy Cobalt
By Carol Smith on 06/03/06 12:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is wonderful to drive, I feel safe and confident when driving. I would highly recommend this car, plus it is not too bad on gas. With gas prices these days, it's nice to save a little at the pumps.

A plum of a car
By SBS on 05/31/06 17:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

After 6 months of driving my Cobalt, I still love it. I was somewhat disappointed in the gas mileage but since I drive only 5-10 miles a day it doesn't show the possibilities plus we have not taken it on any long drives. However we have gotten 24-25 mpg on a 60-80 mile trip. So time will tell with the gasoline usage! And for those long or short trips the trunk is HUGE and amazing how many bags of groceries I can get in there!

Great Car!
By Drew D. on 05/09/06 16:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

After shopping around with the other US made car dealers, we decided on the LTZ. For the features, you could not find a better deal. Plus, we are pretty much Chevy fans. We made a great choice. Being overseas, we rode in Audi, Mercedes and Volvo cars with our friends, and unless you really want to spend $40+K for a foreign made car, the LTZ is the way to go. It is a great ride and the MPGs are great. We are averaging about 32 MPG. Plus, the Pioneer sound system in the LTZ is fabulous. Chevy definitely has made a winner.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.