2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
LT COUPE 5 SPEED 2.2L ECOTEC inline 4
By Eric Struebel on 10/06/06 06:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehical cause chevy seems to always have the most reliable vehical. The power the 2.2 puts out, but a little more wouldnt hurt! The shifter is to close to the driver, but has a nice short shift package. The emergancy brake is ok if you dont have the armrest console in the middle of the car, you cant use the ebrake when parking without dumping everything inside the console. The seats are Not to comfortable for long drives more than a hour, but for short trips and to work its ok. I was impressed with the stereo, sounds wonderful, also liked the controls for it on the stearing wheel. Trunk is big,opening to small. I had to put a clutch in already at 12800miles, wasnt happy!!!

Great For The Price You Pay
By Biggie B on 09/19/06 13:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is by no means one for someone who loves to race on the street, but is an excellent choice for the money that you spend on. I got mine for invoice, and $10,000 dollars for a 6 year waranty is well worth the money. Say goodbye to car repair with this sweet deal. I love this car

Cobalt LS 2dr
By Kevin on 09/13/06 14:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My Cobalt has been a decent car for the past 6000 miles I've driven it. Gets great gas mileage! Only thing is now, the engine chugs between 2500 and 3500 rpm. I'm going to take it in to check it out. The car has lots of trunk space, but has a very small trunk opening, so you can only fit rather small boxes into the trunk, which confuses me.

My Cobalt SS Victory Red
By Teddy Melendez on 09/03/06 15:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I use this car for work. In 9 months I have drove over 26k miles. This car has been worth every penny. It's great on gas, handling, and performance as I drive all over the state of Florida for my job. I would recommend this car. I'm in the market to improve the 2.4 Ecotec engine.

Way cool car
By fire61765 on 09/02/06 19:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best sporty car I have owned. I would not want to get any other car. The power is great. The fuel mileage is great. Mine is at 32 miles per gal. It's fun to drive.

I love my car
By rlinden86 on 08/29/06 22:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had my car for 2 months, but I love it already. The only thing is, it seems like they built it too quickly and cheap. But I love the design and I got a great deal on it.

2006 LS
By fcloud on 08/28/06 04:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The car is very well built. The initial quality is way better than I expected from any GM vehicle. I am pleasantly surprised by the vehicle.

Go American
By mr_comfort31 on 08/25/06 12:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at all the other small cars in this class and the Cobalt shined. The Kia's and Hyundai's I drove had no guts and felt very shaky. Honda and Toyota are expensive and aren't what they're billed to be. The Chevy has a great engine and tranny. The auto holds gears much longer than expected, and it can move onto the highway with no problem. The inside is well appointed also. The auto headlights are a plus, and so is the sound and climate controls. The little bits of chrome arounf the controls is a good finisher. The thing looks great after a wash and wax. GM did a great job here.

Great Value
By azdiva on 08/21/06 05:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Perfect car for Arizona driving. Good at 85mph. Quiet, good defensive car on city freeways. Brakes, handling, and power A/C very good in stopped traffic at 115F. Good engineering. Read up and do your research. If Toyota made the worst car in the world, people would stand up to buy them. Cobalt SS is underated by far. The 2.4 ecotec is state of technology excellence

Brand New Car!
By Shay on 08/17/06 08:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We just purchased the Cobalt. My husband and I picked the Cobalt for the look and ride. We got a great deal on it and so far we love it! I hope it holds up good for the long run. But for right now it's fun to drive, gets good gas mileage, and is very cute! We love it! I love the little info button that tells you everything!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.