2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Good so far
By Jeff on 01/18/07 15:22 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking at all the usuals. But I could not afford a VW, the Mazda only had like a 2yr 24,000 warranty, the Toyota dealer would not give me the time of day, and the Accent was too small. So between the Focus and Cobalt the Cobalt won. Mine is stripped, no add ons. Good ride, but cheap tires. Getting 30-33 MPG. Decent interior, but cheap plastic on the door sills. Big trunk. Roomy for a compact car. 11,000 miles on it and no problems except for a flat tire. Had a bit of molded rubber on the bead, dealer fixed. It will get out of its own way, but not a hot hatch. Can't beat the price

Arrival blue, SS coupe
By Katiebug12199 on 01/11/07 06:55 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my Cobalt. I've had it for 5 months now. I came from a Honda Civic and never imagined I'd afford a car with this much power. People stop me to tell me how much they love the car and the color. I drove it from MD to TN with no problems. It's had minor issues with the shifter and rotors but the car had been sitting for a while before I bought it and it was fixed right away for me. It's fun and sporty. All my friends want to drive it but I'm not ready to get out of the driver's seat yet. I can't wait to personalize it with some aftermarket parts. I started out years ago in an 89' Cavalier Z24 that was passed on to me and hope this one lasts just as long.

2006 Chevy Cobalt LT
By Bowtieboy50 on 01/04/07 18:11 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love everything about this car. I bought this car and put 20% tints on it and it looks real good.

My '06 Cobalt LS
By Chad Wood on 01/04/07 17:35 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for 5 months now and love it. It is very sporty, and stylish. It moves pretty quick, and gets great gas mileage. It has a pretty good sound system, for a factory setup. I like the idea of the driver information center, which is easy to use. I haven't had any problems so far. It has plenty of legroom even for us tall people. My sister has an '05 Cavalier, and it has absolutly no legroom at all. It is a major improvement over the Cavalier, and better looking too. I would recommend this car to anyone, looking for a sporty car that's good on gas.

I love this car
By ncpjr2 on 12/27/06 23:42 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love to drive this car. For a 4 banger it has a lot of get up and go. The car has a nice layout and handles great.

Not a great car.. very dissapointing
By Ashley on 12/24/06 19:32 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for one year and in the last month I have had to take it to the dealership 5 times. Each time the dealership is unable to find what the problem is. The problems range from shifter column malfunction, stalling, poor gas mileage, sluggish to drive, broken CD player, needed a new heating and cooling system, key gets stuck in the ignition, car wont shift from park to drive, foul odor from vents when heat or vents are used.

Stylish, but there's a reason it's cheap
By pkbjw on 12/19/06 20:38 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We have put about 5500 miles on it now and we are pleased with it's gas mileage, 30 mpg average, and we like the look of the car. It is reasonably comfortable, although being a small car, it can get uncomfortable on those long trips. The ride is average and the handling is above average for the class. Now for the bad news. It's cheap. I'm not just talking about price either. The sheetmetal on the doors is very thin. Don't lean too hard on them or you'll be going to the body shop. Also the interior has a tendency to fall apart. Nothing has broken or flaked off on ours yet, but I have seen several Cobalts with interiors that are falling apart at 30,000 miles. I'm worried.

Excellent Compact
By Tyler on 12/06/06 12:43 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The Cobalt beats its competitors in nearly every way, except fuel economy, which still isn't bad at all. The engine is incredibly smooth, quiet, and powerful. Extremely high sophistication for its class. Automatic tranny is superb, as per usual for GM. Interior design and construction are greatly improved for Chevy and is generally excellent, though materials could be nicer. Handling is about average but the ride is amazing. Great room for a coupe, comfortable seats, a ridiculously large list of standard features, and great availability and affordabilty of optional features rounds out an excellent package. Have owned this car for half a year with no problems and on a college budget. Must buy

My Sunburst Orange Cobalt LT
By maverickkat on 11/14/06 23:31 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When I went to the dealership to pick up my Cobalt I was unsure of what color I wanted, but when I saw the orange it was mine. I left the dealership with three miles on my car. I have had a few problems with my car. I have had to have the windsheild replaced as well as the shifter and had to have some body work done. The windshield has no weather stripping so moisture gets underneath. The keys to my car would get stuck in the ignition so the whole shifting unit had to be replaced. As for the body work the headlights on my car were not lined up properly so the bumper was rubbing on the headlights causeing the paint to scrape off my bumper.

Good and bad
By Cobalt Review on 10/16/06 21:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought my Chevy Cobalt, I loved it. It has great pick up, and it is fun to drive. I commute, so in almost a year I have driven 24k miles. It is hard to see out of the back windows, there isn't very much arm room when shifting. When I ride around with my husband, we always bump arms. After 3 months of having the car, I brought it in for a rattling noise and they replaced my steering shaft. That fixed the problem for a month and then the problem returned. I let it go for about a month just to make sure the problem was returning, and because I work all the time. I have had my steering shaft replaced twice and my whole column replaced, and the problem persists. They say its not a common issue, argh.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.