2006 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Has been good car
By jimmyjam2009 on 10/26/09 17:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

over all the car has been great the dealer has been very great! only problem I did have with the car was the steering shaft was making noises and had too be replaced at 33k miles. GM took care of problem. I just put new tires on the car it now has 44k miles on it. Brakes have never been changed and still have tons of life in them. Mine is a stick transmission 5 speed and the trans is very tight and fun too shift. sometimes is a little hard too get in first gear. But over all I would say the cobalt is a good car still needs a little refinement with some interior parts and rattles..

GM stole my money.
By mlemonchevy on 09/24/09 19:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

My cobalt looks so nice. To bad, I usually can't drive it. A series of clutch problems has left me so disappointed with GM that after 15yrs of only owning GM cars, I vowed to never touch their products again. The warranty process was terrible. I paid for almost everything because they kept finding loop holes in the coverage. Their 800 number is even worse. I've talked to many Cobalt owners, and we've all repeatedly paid for new clutches over and over again in cars with less then 50,000 miles on them. Each clutch lasts just under 1year with normal driving, no racing. I really feel frustrated, and so I'm buying a subaru as soon as my loan on the cobalt is clear.

Awesome compact car!
By colbolt4life on 09/07/09 12:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for 3 years now, I bought it brand new and I love it. The only minor issue with the car that I hear from a lot of Colbolt owners and my selfs is the radio/cd player. It messes up sometimes. Other than that it gets great gas mileage, I haven't changed the breaks yet and there still good. I love the car all around and think it is a great buy for a first time buyer or a teenage kid.

love this car
By amazing car on 08/25/09 19:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car a couple years ago and I absolutely love it im 21 and to date ive had 23 cars, I've always loved them for 2 weeks then hated them not the case with this car I've had it for almost 2 years and love every time I get into it, looks sweet, I get 34.5 mpg on the highway, 27 avg, not bad for being supercharged, I love the interior and the radio is the best of anything ive owned and I put 2700 in my ss camaro so thats sayin quite a bit, I dont know what all you foreign car love are thinking Chevy makes great cars, not a dime spent on anything but oil with this car I would recommend it to anyone, and I kept my money in this country:), unlike you Toyota and Honda lovers. A+++++++ chevy

Never Again
By not happy on 08/24/09 05:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for 3 years and until the initial manufacturer warranty ran out I had no problems with the car, had great gas mileage until I hit 36000 miles, everything went down hill from there. The radio had to be replaced, the check engine light has gone on about 8 times in the last year, fuel pump had to be replaced along with 2 new gas tanks, and 2 new fuel level sensors, this past weekend it totally died on me, it has to be either the starter or alternator but this shouldn't be happening to a 3 year old car. I have stacks of paperwork for the many times it has been in to Chevy and not just for oil changes. I've been in a rental way too many times. I will be buying a new car this week

No Good..
By Brydman on 08/10/09 11:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Where to start..for starters my cobalt was one of the many GM vehicles that suffered from a poor A/C system. It develops mold on the evaporator and there's nothing I can do. Even after a expensive cleaning the smell comes back after a month...it's so horrible like Old musty shoes. I have 65,000 on it and for about a month it has been stopping abruptly when going under 15mph(signs of fuel filter going). So of course I'm looking for another vehicle but with a resale of a mere $4000 its going to be awhile. Do yourself a favor....do not purchase a cobalt.

Lemon
By Terible car on 08/08/09 11:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Since I have had this Cobalt, it has been in and out of the shop. Power Steering went and 3 different computer chips had to be replaced and then I had to replace both sides of the wheel bearings and control arm bushings and also it stalls when coming to a stop. I am lucky that I haven't been in an accident yet. It is eating up the gas after I replaced the fuel filter and air filter. I will never buy a GM car again.

In the shop too much.
By No More GM Guy on 08/05/09 09:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car for my daughter, so she would have a reliable car, under factory warranty while attending collage. Has had fuel injectors, steering column, battery, starter, gear shifter and air bag sensor replaced. Well now it will go out of warranty this month. I am dreading what it is going to cost me in the long run to keep it on the road. The mechanics at the dealership said, we needed to trade the thing off. High depreciation rules that out.

GM Junk
By disappointed on 07/07/09 19:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Fuel pump went out at 58,000. NEVER buying another GM product. Horrible gas mileage, impossible to work on and mostly dealer only parts. High maintenance for a cheap car.

be careful
By carbuyer on 06/13/09 18:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've put this car through the crash test! At 25k miles, I had experienced some brake problems...eventually, they completely failed and I had $5k of damage to fix when I rearended a car (Chevy said they didn't fail and was my fault). At 35k miles, my radio screen broke, and 14k miles later the replacement broke. I've had trouble with the key getting stuck and I can't get it out, and once couldn't get it on. Most recently though, I had a bad accident...I can say one thing - this car falls apart fast in accidents, but I walked away with minor injuries in what should have killed me...I wouldn't go chevy again due to all the problems I've had...

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.