Used 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

chevy is the worst
By anthonyrini

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I started the unhappy owner of a chevy cobalt but at 60k miles i got a check engine light "o" no probably a smog problem nope come to find out that cylinder 3 has lost compression so now i need a new motor wow i hope that chevy reads this i'm very unhappy chevy stole my money

the performance

make a more reliable car

Has been good car
By jimmyjam2009

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

over all the car has been great the dealer has been very great! only problem I did have with the car was the steering shaft was making noises and had too be replaced at 33k miles. GM took care of problem. I just put new tires on the car it now has 44k miles on it. Brakes have never been changed and still have tons of life in them. Mine is a stick transmission 5 speed and the trans is very tight and fun too shift. sometimes is a little hard too get in first gear. But over all I would say the cobalt is a good car still needs a little refinement with some interior parts and rattles..

the stick shift is very tight not like early 90's GM cars. Has good amount of power. I would run it with a honda and I think I could win

work on some of the rattles, better seat cloth,

Awesome compact car!
By colbolt4life

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for 3 years now, I bought it brand new and I love it. The only minor issue with the car that I hear from a lot of Colbolt owners and my selfs is the radio/cd player. It messes up sometimes. Other than that it gets great gas mileage, I haven't changed the breaks yet and there still good. I love the car all around and think it is a great buy for a first time buyer or a teenage kid.

The interior lights go off if you forget to turn it off. It tells you when you need a oilchange, and when you are out of fuel. All around the little display buttons in the front tells you exactly what you need to know about your car.

Trunk opening bigger, seat cloths better, and fix the issue with the radio/cd player.

No Good..
By Brydman

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Where to start..for starters my cobalt was one of the many GM vehicles that suffered from a poor A/C system. It develops mold on the evaporator and there's nothing I can do. Even after a expensive cleaning the smell comes back after a month...it's so horrible like Old musty shoes. I have 65,000 on it and for about a month it has been stopping abruptly when going under 15mph(signs of fuel filter going). So of course I'm looking for another vehicle but with a resale of a mere $4000 its going to be awhile. Do yourself a favor....do not purchase a cobalt.

Fuel economy held its name.

Build cobalt's to run after 50,000 miles. A/C system that functions properly. Armrests would be nice.

GM Junk
By disappointed

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Fuel pump went out at 58,000. NEVER buying another GM product. Horrible gas mileage, impossible to work on and mostly dealer only parts. High maintenance for a cheap car.

Acceleration and traction

Better fuel pump design, arm rest, better underhood accessibility, more comfortable seats, OEM parts availability