2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
2006 Cobalt 4 Dr LS Sedan Manual
By parker08 on 02/26/08 07:48 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is amazing. My parents recently got this car for me. I had no idea how to drive a manual, but this car is easy to learn in. The gas mileage is great!

LTZ - Great Economy Car
By RobinH on 10/15/07 13:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I have 40,000 plus miles on my Cobalt and average 30 mpg during my 100 mile daily commute. I average about 40 mph overall. (On the highway I get 35 mpg when driving about 60 mph) Have had no issues. Car was about $10,000 less than others I was looking at. Interior is "cheap"...but it runs great and gets me to work. Original tires only lasted 40K miles, now switched to Goodyear Assurance Triple Treds, which I have had before and are great tires.

On par with imports, better price!
By diamond dave on 08/26/07 10:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It's unfortunate that GM gave themselves a bad rep in the 80s and 90s, because this little gem seems to have gone unnoticed. Ours has some upgrades, but the best thing about it over the LS is the wheels. The alloy rims are wider than the LS and is makes a huge difference on the road. It feels so much more solid that the standard rims! The car is quiet at all speeds. The interior trim doesn't have issues yet, but judging from the reviews, I think we'll look in to after market upgrades. All in all, I think this vehicle is on par with the Accord or Camry, althouh the interior is not as refined. The one thing I would stress is get the premium wheels, it makes all the difference in the world!

Fun to Drive
By Teacher on 06/13/07 07:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

So far my Cobalt beats my expectations. Very fun to drive! Worth purchasing the "extras", leather, moonroof, etc. Only drawback is 21MPG in the city. Traded my Camry and am very happy so far!

Best car to purchase
By hblmo115 on 04/27/07 18:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We owned a z24 Cavalier before we purchased this car and I like this car even more than my Cavalier. It is a excellent purchase. I love my Cobalt. Lots of room because we have two children and they don't complain about it like they did the Cavalier.

Front axle woes
By Concerned GM buyer on 03/19/07 20:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Any time I turn right,for example, turning right into a parking space, the steering mechanism groans. I got the car new! There's not yet 5000 miles on the odometer. The engine seems OK, simply peppy, but the noise turning hopefully can be remedied under warranty. I wonder about new GM cars with Magnasteer and GM's more upscale cars with steering, ride and handling. My mileage mpg is 27.5 shy of 31 mpg EPA testing.

Great Car
By OMAR on 01/13/07 14:43 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I work as a salesman at a Chevy dealer. I get to drive all the new cars. When I looked at this car, I was like "nice". I drove and and was impressed. So I ended up buying it. I drive about 70 miles a day so good gas mileage is important. Which this car is getting 25 MPG in country roads. I've owned it for a year now and am satisfied.

Work Car, and More
By Jeff Fitzgerald on 01/03/07 07:51 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car ostensibly just to go to and from work, using our Subaru Forester for all the "heavy lifting." But I have to say that I enjoy driving this car. Comfortable, handles well, and has a lot of zip. It looks nice, and has been very solid and glitch-free. I had given up on American cars long ago, but I have to say, Chevrolet has earned another chance with this car.

Chevy Junk
By dale3568 on 12/04/06 13:00 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car on July 3rd '06 and it has been in the shop most of the time since. It is the sorriest made car I have ever had. The first day I had it the door lock broke and the temp gauge went crazy. I have had the seat worked on several times. I will never buy another American made car they are junk.

Auto Pilot
By DaveH923 on 11/05/06 01:40 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car has tried to kill my wife and I on several occassions. The cruise control kicks on when it wants. The car shuts off if it doesn't feel like running anymore and service doesn't see a problem with it. The alarm will unlock the car for no reason. The carpeting on the doors peeled off at 6000 miles! The gas gauge quit working twice. The dash lights come on when the car wants them to, not when you turn on the headlights. The car rattles worse than a city bus in the cold. Personally, I am fed up with American cars! This is the last American car I buy! You turned me off. My father warned me about GM. He was right. Never again!