2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
2.4 SS Excellent
By SSport on 06/26/07 12:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I would recommend this car to anyone. It's a little car with a big heart. Minor problems here and there, but to be expected in a brand new car! I love it and plan to love it for many years to come!

Cobalt coupe LS 5speed 2006 is just OK
By john on 06/10/07 16:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is a good handling car, with a great ride and somewhat quiet, good looks and good value, huge trunk but small opening. I am everaging 32 MPG and very happy with that. No arm rest on 5spd tranny models, cup holders are too shallow drink tends to tip over in turns, interior is very attractive but extremely cheaply made, the door fabric is pulling away from under the door closing pull cup, American cars depreciate faster than Japaneese cars by a large margin. I am "buried". If you want one buy a used one, it's a decent car

Awesome car!
By Darkonyx on 06/08/07 23:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for a while now, and have driven it quite a bit. I would commute 200 miles a day in it and no problems at all. Good gas mileage for what the car offers and plenty of pep in its step. The shift broke about 12k miles into it, dealer fixed under warranty no problem. Fun to drive and plenty of room. Back seat int he coupe is a little small for an adult but plenty for children. I even had a car back into at about 15mph and all it did was scratch my paint on the front bumper! I love this car, and you cant beat the quality for the price!

Vic Red Cobalt
By Lar on 06/08/07 20:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Fun little car, great gas mileage, very peppy for the price. Ability to get on the Interstate (merge w/70 MPH traffic) even though it is only a 4- cylinder sold me.

Cobalt SS 2.4
By xbalt06x on 06/08/07 20:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car since January and I can't be any happier. The ride is perfect, some say its cheap with interior, not in this SS model. the 2.4 vvt engine puts out a lot of power for a non supercharged Cobalt. This would be one of the best cars under $20,000. It's a great buy and I could not be happier. Great car, looks amazing, and performs with great gas mileage. Go Chevy!

Great car for the Price
By Dan P. on 06/08/07 16:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for over a year and it's been a solid performer. I've only had one issue (warped rotors) and they were replaced under warranty. I get great gas mileage, especially on the highway. The car is a blast to drive and really gets up and goes. You'll have a hard time finding a car with as much torque and power as this one has for the price (and for being a naturally aspirated 4 cylinder).

Good car to purchase for college student
By Key-Key on 06/08/07 14:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The car handles and drives well and I love the way the speakers sound. I also love the fact that the radio will give you the name of the song playing. I also love the exterior appearance of the car. The best thing about this car is that it does not take up that much gas as I go from place to place. I purchased the car used and I have not had any problems out of it yet. I plan on having this car for year to come.

Wow, High Quality from GM
By 2006 Black Cobalt LS on 04/07/07 12:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This inexpensive little car is a super bargain. At 29K the car has not had any reason to return to the dealer except for normal maintenace. I am shocked at the high quality of this car. The last time I had purchased a new GM car was 1980 and it was so bad I didn't think I would ever buy GM again. The car handles very nicely on the 15" aluminum wheels. The rear design is second to none. The only downfall is they won't install an armrest on the cars with sticks, so I bought one myself and installed it. The armrest is a huge improvement. The shifter is a bit too far back but that can be adjusted too. Now GM needs to keep up the good work and win back some of their lost business.

Orange SS
By JohnR on 02/08/07 07:33 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a great car. I drive a lot of highway miles. Have about 10K on it already. I can get up to 33-34 mpg on the highway. I'm a big guy, 6'1" 245lbs and I fit just fine in it. That was my worry before I test drove it, but I checked it out and there's plenty of room for me. The only thing that I'd like to change is the seat material. I got the sport cloth and it seems kinda cheap, so I will get leather put in eventually with custom seats. My brother, who has a Lexus IS300, loves my car. He says it really flies, and handles really well. The SS suspension is really tight and stiff. The engine growls when you punch the gas, and the auto tranny is really smooth.

2006 Cobalt LT review
By GAM on 02/07/07 07:31 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Cobalt since Sept. I do think the gas mileage could be better for it being an economy car. I also think the trunk opening is horrible, you have a hard time getting anything in or out. Once its in there the size of the trunk is decent though. I think the steering is odd. I feel like I am all over the road in it . I had a BMW before this so I am not sure if I am just used to that steering or not. I do like the body style look and the interior is fun, gets a lot of compliments. Stereo is good. The option package I have is great. It has everything the BMW had minus a moonroof. Overall it's an OK car. I wouldn't buy another one and recomending it to others I am not sure about.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.