Used 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Best Car I Ever Owned
By tom abernathy

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently hit 200,000 miles on my 2006 Chevy Cobalt. The only thing I have had done to this vehicle is change the oil and tires. This is the best vehicle I have owned and I will continue to buy Chevrolet.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

None

First car with no major flaws
By KHarris

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car now for almost a year and I LOVE it! It beats the Honda's I drove by far. I've had no major issues besides normal wear and tear. I am hoping that this keeps up as I am going to have this car for quite a while!

Favorite Features

Love the color, love the set up of the interior. Its been the most reliable car I have had to date. I've put almost 25,000 in the first year of owning it and had no major issues!

Suggested Improvements

Better quality interior. It seems like every time I try to shampoo the seats they just look dirtier. invest a little bit more on the interior then plastic parts, I put a new stereo system in and now all I can hear is plastic rattle!

Not too sastified
By dstevens1204

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

i own a 2006 chevy cobalt lt coupe for 2 years now. pretty much, the main problem is that the cd player never want to work, the engine light keep coming off and on.

Favorite Features

exterior

Very Nice Car!
By JD

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car today so I haven't had much time in it but after reading some of these reviews I will have to disagree. I think it's a great car! The radio sounds great, ample trunk room, quiet ride, great instrument panel, AC/heat works great, very comfortable, plenty of inside room (we had 4 big adults and a kid in a booster seat comfortably). Overall so far it seems like a very good car. Like I said though I've only had it a day but I'm really liking it. The gas mileage is a big seller as well! I have a feeling this has been a very good purchase!

Favorite Features

Radio, AC/heat, trunk space, comfortable, instrument panel, acceleration, gas mileage, and overall look and feel of the car. Great handling too!

Suggested Improvements

So far nothing.

Decent car for the price
By abgtbikes

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I drive this car everyday I used to put about 150 miles on it a day but the facts, brakes got pretty crape fast I bought new ones and the just went through them so fast, front end makes a lot of road noise, struts rattle a lot just had new ones put it and they still rattle, when you brake the steering wheel shakes as well as the car sometimes (might be the brakes who knows) insides cheap plastic has decent stereo in it. Not the fastest car but does pick up pretty quick its a fun little toy car that will start up for you everyday and give you the gas mileage you want. I'm not disappointed with this car its pretty good and worth the price

Favorite Features

Sunroof by far, the stock stereo was good, tight steering fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

front end road noise and lifetime of front end parts other than that this is a good car