2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged - Consumer Reviews

SS 2.0L 4-cyl. Supercharger 5-speed Manual - (53 reviews )
Coballt SS/SC
By SharpMan on 07/01/06 14:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Looks great, fun to drive, good gas mileage. Build quality acceptable for price range of vehicle.

Go Buy One!
By SIlver06SS on 06/17/06 10:13 AM (PDT)

I purchased this car just recently and its nice to know I won't see one of these on the road every day. I purchased 1200 dollars in aftermarket parts and I'm hittin 0-60 in 5.4 seconds!The interior I feel is better then anything for the price and the safety ratings are good also. Good job GM for finally getting rid of the Cavalier and bringing something new and exciting to the market. They underrated the HP numbers, stock they are achieving 215-225 horsepower to the wheels! Overall I'm very happy with my purchase and if i had the choice i would buy it again. Thanks GM Also they are releasing a ton of aftermarket parts from GM that won't void your warranty.

Improved Quality
By Primo on 04/22/06 14:34 PM (PDT)

The Cobalt SS 2.0 is fun to drive and a big step forward for Chevrolet in it's competition against the imports of the same class. The Cobalt SS 2.0 handles nice, stops well rain or shine, and accelerates with the power of a V6.

Good Looks, Nice Power
By reggie on 03/24/06 17:57 PM (PST)

I've enjoyed the car so far, but the red and black interior will take a while to getused to. This is my second manual trans. and compared to my 94 Camaro the Cobalt is a little harder to pull out in first gear.

A Great Car
By steve10 on 03/21/06 19:56 PM (PST)

I Love my Cobalt. I had a Cavalier and it was okay. The Cobalt is great. I have never wrote a review and had to do it as I love this car. Good AC, in Fl a must. The seats are a big improvement over the Cav. Everything is better. Chevy is building better cars. The handling is much better. Just seems solid. Knock on wood.

Cobalt Supercharged Power
By Jdogg on 03/13/06 12:33 PM (PST)

The car has been very fun to drive and a head-turner on the road. Excellent handling and overall performance for the price. Much better than driving an embarrassing Dodge or Ford

Sweet car!!
By TV on 02/19/06 10:55 AM (PST)

I've owned a Toyota and Nissan that had problems from the start and this Cobalt has been perfect with on problems. It's fun to drive with good mileage and quiet interior. GM has made great car. Thank goodness an American company can build a world class car!

Extreme Fun
By Ed Dunleavy on 01/16/06 00:38 AM (PST)

I was looking for a fun, affordable, good gas mileage car, built in the USA. I found it. My experience driving this car has been a blast! Quick,agile, always willing and wanting to play.

What a Great Car!
By Evan on 01/14/06 11:55 AM (PST)

This was my first brand new car, but I've driven a lot of cars over the years. This car is a blast to drive. Great, strong engine should give years of dependable service. Comfortable front seats, back seats may be a bit small, but 98% of the time, I'm the only one in the car. This car gets decent mileage for being a S/C 4-cyl. With my aggressive style, I'm getting mid-20s.

Gas Mileage
By Don Stroud on 12/30/05 04:20 AM (PST)

Getting 14 to 22 miles to the gallon of gas. Have taken vehicle back to dealer and they say they cannot do any thing about the problem because there are no codes showing. GM will not even talk about the gas mileage.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.