Used 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

A headache
By Sal

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Good for the first three years. Trouble w/ engine light . Will not pass inspection when light is on. Can't find out what the problem is. Tires keep needing air. Had two tires sealed twice. Now a third tire is going soft every month. Do not like the gas cap.

Do like the mileage I get. Easy to drive & park Nice radio.

Better grade of wheels. Lower emission standards.

Power Steering
By skl

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car brand new, have not had any problems until March 5, 2010 was leaving walmart my warning light came on and my power steering went out it eventually came back. On March 17, 2010 i had left the mall my warning light came on and my power steering went out again i turned my car off and back on it was ok again. i heard on the news there was a recall on the chev cobalt. i looked it up online and found the recall and called the chev number the guy told me there was not a recall it was under investigation to ignore it. Its hard to ignore when your going down the hwy and your p/s goes out. the guy told me to ignore. This could case a serious accident

worst car ever!!!!
By Fousek11

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car hoping 2 get away from a all the problems... But in all reality.. I've had more problems with this 1 car than I had with the 2 other ones I had before it... Brakes go bad quickly, one of the cylinders went bad ($200), the vent motor is broken ($220), fixin the bumper after an accident cost $600... N now the best part... I need a new a/c compressor ($300-$600 for the part alone... And about $250-$300 for the labor)... I've spent more money tryin to fix this car Rather than just paying it off n being on my way... I used to love Chevy... Now my view on them is very vague...

gas saver...other than that...horrible design...and horrible car!

since when do standard versions of cars come with manual windows, manual locks, no cruise controls, no arm rest?

Not bad for an entry level/commuter car!
By Shirl

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car has worked perfectly! Large roomy trunk with folding back seats. Fun to drive. quieter than the ford focus I test drove. We did have a problem with the A/C actuator switch which I still have yet to fix. Makes clicking noise for 2 minutes when car is started. We will fix when actually broken. Cheap part but labor intensive as the dash has to come out. Great on gas mileage. 36/28 in Colorado! My only real complaint would be that the body easily dents and scratches. This is an entry level car. Great for College bound kid or as a commuter car. I have had no major issues 3+ years! :)

Fun to drive, Low Fuel Economy Roomy enough for 4. Large trunk Cool stereo! OK in the snow. Nifty dash.

A/C Actuator switch is cheap plastic. Dash has to come out to repair. Most people don't have $650 to fix. Body molding around door should be on all models. I bought aftermarket when the first parking lot ding happened. OH yea, a center arm rest would be nice for long drives!

BADbalt!
By BADbalt!

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought the car the battery had to be charged b/c it was dead from sitting on the lot.SHOULD HAVE BEEN MY SIGN!7 days later I was stranded with a dead battery.2 months later brakes & rators had to be replaced. Now for the real problem...EVERYTIME it rains I have water sitting in my floorboard.3 yrs later and A LOT of parts replaced they still don't know where its coming from. I get in my car on 12/2/09 back up and hit the brakes and a waterfall comes rushing down from my roof onto me, my dash and filled my cup holders. Even though this is pre-existing GM wont help! But they want me to buy another car??? SERIOUSLY! I am so upside down with my wonderful GM product I have to hang onto it!

Love the car...Just not mine! I have a lemon!

-Better A/C -Better radio that the screen doesn't mess up on -Fix the manual shift. Hard to get into 1st gear!

• SUV