2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged Consumer Reviews 4

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

SS 2.0L 4-cyl. Supercharger 5-speed Manual - (53 reviews )
2006 SS Supercharged
By An0malous on 06/08/07 09:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

An amazingly fun vehicle to drive. Put a cold air intake on this car, and it will howl and whine to the tune of your right foot. Handling and braking are superior, thanks to some very nice suspension, and a sticky set of pirelli Pzero tires. The potential of the peppy 2.0L engine is enhanced by aftermarket support by GM, covered under warranty, allowing you to comfortably reach 241hp. If you can control yourself to keep your foot out of it, it will reward you with a surprising 36-40mpg at highway speeds. Overall Im extremely happy with my '06 SS/supercharged Cobalt.

2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged – A fun toy!
By JonyyB on 06/07/07 13:55 PM (PDT)

I had the car for one year now and 20,000 miles later, I love it as much as I did when I first drove one. So far, the car had only minor issues that were easily resolved by the dealer. Since the car is only in production 2005-2007, I am actually considering buying another one for my wife. This car is quick, fun, and brings excitement into any day! It’s a shame GM only kept the Supercharged Cobalt alive for 3 short years. I know I will keep mine for years to come.

Look at better options
By JoHo on 04/10/07 20:40 PM (PDT)

If you're looking for a mechanically dependable car, you've found it. But the interior quality is what could be found in a $9000 car. It's made from cheap plastic and the paint that covers it likes to chip easily. As said in earlier reviews, the housing for the sun roof likes to fall out, a lot. It honestly won't stay put. I love the feel of the car when i drive it, but the horrible quality of the interior makes me wish i could drive it without being in it.

My Cobalt SS
By mike on 04/09/07 22:21 PM (PDT)

I have had an amazing experience with this car. It's fast, fun to drive, and the stylish look and feel is amazing. I don't understand why more people have not purchased this vehicle. When it comes to pure driving satisfaction, This car really delivers.

Absolute garbage
By dan on 03/14/07 18:26 PM (PDT)

The car was great for a week.Looks great, quick, handles well. Then it shut off going down the highway. All by itself. A crank shaft sensor blew with 300 miles on it. A month later, the steering system failed. Needed an entire steering system. (electric motor, steering column, and steering shaft) Then, with 7000 miles on it, it needed new control arms and ball joints. The cruise control also broke at 7000 miles. This is the worst new vehicle I've ever owned, and I do not advise purchasing one. GM does not stand behind their products. Very disappointed. The Cobalt SS/SC is complete trash, or at least mine was. Needed over $6000 worth of repairs within 6 months.

Great car for the price
By Eric on 02/03/07 21:47 PM (PST)

I have had mine since the end of June, and this is a great car for the price. Handles great, quick, great sound system. The controls are easy to use. The rear spoiler does take some getting used to, but really complements the car. I'm 6'3, and it is a very comfortable car. Although, the seats might be a little tight for some people.

Good car, but room for improvement
By Justin on 12/20/06 11:30 AM (PST)

I liked this car a lot when I first bought it. As time tells things start to happen. I have had the sunroof replaced, shift knob, and a vacuum pump in the gas tank, because the car would idle rough.

The car sells itself.
By BowtieBoy06 on 11/17/06 03:20 AM (PST)

Since the day I first drove the car, it has never ceased to amaze me. Powerful acceleration, superb handling, and sleek styling all contrbute to the inherent appeal of the car. For all the doubters, the power is definitely there. I've driven it all and I say, all the competitors in its class have a problem on their hands. The supercharger makes this quite a little competitor even for the V-8 boys. The car handles well in the twisties and can take anything you can throw at it. The interior may not be up to luxury standards but it's acceptable for the price range. As long as you remember what you paid for it, you'll always think you got away with murder

They aren't kidding.
By EtyrnuSS on 07/29/06 11:07 AM (PDT)

This is possibly one of the best sport compacts on the road. They are quick, agile, and fun to drive. And for those of you who are into aftermarket tuning, there are multitudes of parts either out or coming out soon.

Great Car!
By Ron on 07/16/06 23:23 PM (PDT)

I have to say Cheverlet did it right with this car. It accelerates like a V6 would and when the supercharger kicks in at higher RPMs it really makes a difference. Handles well and really turns peoples heads. The wheels are great too!