2006 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Nice try
By jack interstein on 08/22/05 15:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I'm generally pleased with this new effort from Chevy. Definitely like the looks and feel. Surpised and disappointed by poor city driving mileage. Has plenty of pep and good mileage on the open road. This car needlessly weighs about 200 to 300 lbs more than its Hyundai, Corolla and Civic competitors so additional HP is wasted in my opinion. Braking required surprising effort. Interior is well laid out but somewhat plastic looking. Despite above comments, was actually overall quite pleased!

Excellent vehicle for getting the girls
By Red Cobalt LS ohya on 08/09/05 15:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Its certainly not a Cavalier! This car is great, handles like a dream, and kept me out of quite a few accidents while driving too fast for conditions. Would definitely recommend buying one.

Cobalt Review
By Daniel on 08/06/05 21:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The new Chevy Cobalt is an awesome car. It has great handling as well as some real get up and go. It out does V6 Mustangs and other cars with that kind of power. it has had some kinks like the E-brake light flashing on and off for no reason. Chevy realized it was a simple error in the car computer and fixed it. Both my interior door handles broke but all of that was covered in the warrenty. Overall, the new Cobalt is a fun car to drive. I am happy with the work GM put into this car.

I like my car
By LAURIEAF on 08/06/05 08:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Although I have had the Cobalt for a short period of time, I would recommend it. My Cobalt is a five speed and is the third 5 speed that I have owned. It shifts gears smoothly. My sister was riding with me yesterday and she didn't even notice that I was shifting. With the gas prices so high, I appreciate the mileage I get from it. Also, I just found out my best friend purchased a Cobalt last month.

Call it a Cavalier, No Comparison
By Itsnotacavalier on 07/25/05 18:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great mileage, powerful 4 cyl. I absolutelyy recomend the Pioneer Sound for a measly $150.00. Could use a little less body roll. but that is easily fixed. Excellent ride, quiet, great interior, White face gauges are quite nice. This is the best small car for the money. Electric steering rocks. Interior fabric has a spendy sport car feel!!

Cool Cobalt
By Craig on 07/23/05 08:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is fun, plain and simple. Its style is nice and its comfort level is up there with a car that you would pay twice as much for. If it has a downfall, it would be that they used to much plastic on the interior. They put a lot of extras on this car that you wouldn`t expect on an economy car.

My Cobalt
By a. dicicco on 07/17/05 10:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

In general, I am happy with my Cobalt. Handling is good and the ride is decent. Would like to see a little more sound suppresion for road noise.

Cobalt
By al on 07/10/05 21:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Have had the Cobalt for 4 months now, and I am very happy with it. At first there were a few kinks to work out. The engine light kept coming on, but there was nothing wrong with the car. This car is very quiet, and rides great for a compact. You can also feel the quality that went into this car. I think GM has a winner.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.