2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged - Consumer Reviews

SS 2.0L 4-cyl. Supercharger 5-speed Manual - (53 reviews )
Great Bang for the Buck!
By JR on 08/03/07 18:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Very under-rated compared with other sport coupes for less than 21-23 K...The supercharged version has suprising (to other drivers) power & handling. Hasn't really got the accolades it deserves from the press because it's a "cheap US car" - victim of stereotyping Pleasantly suprised overall

Good look, horrible car
By xsnrg on 07/29/07 08:59 AM (PDT)

I have to say that I love the look of this car and have received numerous compliments on it. Unfortunately the cost and hassle of all the problems outweigh the look. Horrible car in terms of service standards. Have had nothing but continual problems, so much so that I will never buy GM again.

I love this car
By John Underwood on 07/15/07 19:57 PM (PDT)

This is the most fun I've had with four wheels since 1969. It goes, stops, turns, all with a great feel and precision. 20 MPG in stop and go commute and 34 MPG on a freeway trek of 200 miles doesn't hurt my feelings either. Best bang for your buck hands down.

From Monte Carlo SS to Cobalt SS/SC
By 06blackg85ss on 07/15/07 19:15 PM (PDT)

First new car, used to drive a 1986 Chevy Monte Carlo SS. Much nicer car, better handling, no problems, great fuel economy, and much more comfortable. Only thing I've had to do so far is change the oil. I'm at 23,000 miles so far and it's been great. Interior is a little cheap looking, due to the plastic used everywhere, but the seats are fantastic (G85 Recarro package) but for a $20k car it's great.

Love It
By SSCharged on 06/08/07 21:16 PM (PDT)

The Cobalt is one of my favorite cars, and thats why I bought it. The supercharger is awesome, and the many things you can do to this car. It's very affordable.

Surprising car!
By TVS_SS on 06/08/07 15:27 PM (PDT)

I picked up a supercharged Cobalt for a daily driver and will say i was more impressed after I bought it than I was before. The mileage is better than they rate. I can get 31.5mpg if I drive it normal / mostly freeway miles. Plenty of power for a 2.0L engine and it'll get even better when Eaton comes out with the TVS supercharger upgrade. I have a 2000 camaro SS that has more power, but I enjoy driving the Cobalt equally if not more! When you take care of the understeer, the car is amazingly agile.

My Vette
By Thought on 06/08/07 15:21 PM (PDT)

This car is a blast to drive! It's quiet in the cabin, huge trunk space, all seats are comfortable. Driven in all 4 seasons (heavy snowstorms too!) with no problems. It's simply the best car for the price for me. I've installed Stage 2 and now the car is the king of the road and still better gas mileage than advertised for the 2.2! I love it, please don't buy one so that I'm the only one with one!

Cobalt SS/SC
By c0ld29 on 06/08/07 15:14 PM (PDT)

This car is perfect for me. I am in college and wanted a reliable, quick, and fuel efficient car. This car is all of the above. With 0-60 in 6 sec stock (with avaliable stage 2 upgrade under warranty even faster) and still getting 26-28 MPG in the city, and almost 40 on the interstate. I get compliments on the looks of the car all of the time also. This little car is awesome.

Fun Car
By Brice on 06/08/07 15:01 PM (PDT)

Its more than I bargined for. This car handles great. In city traffic it is a little stiff but sporty.

Fun on a budget
By Jason on 06/08/07 09:33 AM (PDT)

I've had my Cobalt for almost a year now and I still love it everytime I get in the car. The leather seats are comfy, the interior is stylish, and with a push of the accelerator a big smile comes to my face as the supercharger begins to whine. The car has handles great and is perfect for a fun run through some twisties and surprisingly the ride isn't too bad. I've been on a few longer trips with the car and it was pretty comfortable. The Stock sound system sounds very good and the MP3 player reduces the need for changing cds. All of the controls are easy to reach and all displays are easy to read. All told this is a great car for those of you who want good fuel economy and fun.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.