2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
A headache
By Sal on 06/30/10 14:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Good for the first three years. Trouble w/ engine light . Will not pass inspection when light is on. Can't find out what the problem is. Tires keep needing air. Had two tires sealed twice. Now a third tire is going soft every month. Do not like the gas cap.

Power Steering
By skl on 03/19/10 09:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car brand new, have not had any problems until March 5, 2010 was leaving walmart my warning light came on and my power steering went out it eventually came back. On March 17, 2010 i had left the mall my warning light came on and my power steering went out again i turned my car off and back on it was ok again. i heard on the news there was a recall on the chev cobalt. i looked it up online and found the recall and called the chev number the guy told me there was not a recall it was under investigation to ignore it. Its hard to ignore when your going down the hwy and your p/s goes out. the guy told me to ignore. This could case a serious accident

worst car ever!!!!
By Fousek11 on 12/17/09 11:53 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car hoping 2 get away from a all the problems... But in all reality.. I've had more problems with this 1 car than I had with the 2 other ones I had before it... Brakes go bad quickly, one of the cylinders went bad ($200), the vent motor is broken ($220), fixin the bumper after an accident cost $600... N now the best part... I need a new a/c compressor ($300-$600 for the part alone... And about $250-$300 for the labor)... I've spent more money tryin to fix this car Rather than just paying it off n being on my way... I used to love Chevy... Now my view on them is very vague...

Not bad for an entry level/commuter car!
By Shirl on 12/14/09 13:08 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car has worked perfectly! Large roomy trunk with folding back seats. Fun to drive. quieter than the ford focus I test drove. We did have a problem with the A/C actuator switch which I still have yet to fix. Makes clicking noise for 2 minutes when car is started. We will fix when actually broken. Cheap part but labor intensive as the dash has to come out. Great on gas mileage. 36/28 in Colorado! My only real complaint would be that the body easily dents and scratches. This is an entry level car. Great for College bound kid or as a commuter car. I have had no major issues 3+ years! :)

BADbalt!
By BADbalt! on 12/03/09 06:54 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought the car the battery had to be charged b/c it was dead from sitting on the lot.SHOULD HAVE BEEN MY SIGN!7 days later I was stranded with a dead battery.2 months later brakes & rators had to be replaced. Now for the real problem...EVERYTIME it rains I have water sitting in my floorboard.3 yrs later and A LOT of parts replaced they still don't know where its coming from. I get in my car on 12/2/09 back up and hit the brakes and a waterfall comes rushing down from my roof onto me, my dash and filled my cup holders. Even though this is pre-existing GM wont help! But they want me to buy another car??? SERIOUSLY! I am so upside down with my wonderful GM product I have to hang onto it!

chevy is the worst
By anthonyrini on 11/11/09 22:19 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I started the unhappy owner of a chevy cobalt but at 60k miles i got a check engine light "o" no probably a smog problem nope come to find out that cylinder 3 has lost compression so now i need a new motor wow i hope that chevy reads this i'm very unhappy chevy stole my money

Has been good car
By jimmyjam2009 on 10/26/09 17:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

over all the car has been great the dealer has been very great! only problem I did have with the car was the steering shaft was making noises and had too be replaced at 33k miles. GM took care of problem. I just put new tires on the car it now has 44k miles on it. Brakes have never been changed and still have tons of life in them. Mine is a stick transmission 5 speed and the trans is very tight and fun too shift. sometimes is a little hard too get in first gear. But over all I would say the cobalt is a good car still needs a little refinement with some interior parts and rattles..

Awesome compact car!
By colbolt4life on 09/07/09 12:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for 3 years now, I bought it brand new and I love it. The only minor issue with the car that I hear from a lot of Colbolt owners and my selfs is the radio/cd player. It messes up sometimes. Other than that it gets great gas mileage, I haven't changed the breaks yet and there still good. I love the car all around and think it is a great buy for a first time buyer or a teenage kid.

No Good..
By Brydman on 08/10/09 11:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Where to start..for starters my cobalt was one of the many GM vehicles that suffered from a poor A/C system. It develops mold on the evaporator and there's nothing I can do. Even after a expensive cleaning the smell comes back after a month...it's so horrible like Old musty shoes. I have 65,000 on it and for about a month it has been stopping abruptly when going under 15mph(signs of fuel filter going). So of course I'm looking for another vehicle but with a resale of a mere $4000 its going to be awhile. Do yourself a favor....do not purchase a cobalt.

GM Junk
By disappointed on 07/07/09 19:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Fuel pump went out at 58,000. NEVER buying another GM product. Horrible gas mileage, impossible to work on and mostly dealer only parts. High maintenance for a cheap car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.