Used 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Unseen-Unknown problems
By mnguy2

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought an '06 Cobalt (LTZ) about a month ago and have quite the story to tell. I took the car for a two-day test drive and brought it to a trusted mechanic (everything checked out). A week later, the car stalls out on me in stop-and-go traffic, so I brought it to the dealer and they take about a week to try to figure the problem out, they are telling me they can't figure out whats wrong with it. I started driving it again and about a week later it stalled out on me twice in stop-and-go traffic...dealer has had the car for going on two weeks and still can't find the problem. FYI, I treat my cars well, I don't floor it everywhere I go...Chevy has lost my respect.

Heated driver seats, somewhat attractive dash display, ability to see digital display of oil life and coolant temps.

I suggest that Chevy focuses on building a reliable vehicle that doesn't break down every week. I owned a Ford for the last 5 years and never had a single engine/electrical/tranny/fuel system problem (and it was an 12 yr old vehicle).

CHEVROLET COBALT 2006 IS A LEMON & needs to be recalled !!
By rednozepit83

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my 2006 Chevy Cobalt SS since 2008. I bought it used with 22,000 miles on it. Since I have had the car it has been a disaster! I have spent a few thousand on repairs not including the repairs that were done under warranty. The 1st month the sunroof motor went bad. Then the wiring to my dome lights needed to be replaced. The OEM stereo needed to be replaced at 30,000. Thermostat went bad at 40,000 miles. Both 02 exhaust sensors at 50,000 miles. The Intake & the Exhaust camshaft actuators. Catalytic converter at 60,000. BOTH back window motors bad at 65,000 miles. ALL 4 Fuel injectors bad at 75,000 miles and im sure more to come.

The car came with a Pioneer sound system. I like the stereo buttons on the steering wheel. The rims are nice too. That's it. There are more things I dis-like than anything.

Make a better car the first time. If you look up Chevy cobalt from 05-07 there are some major issues that Chevy has just turned a blind eye to. The interior of the car gets dirty so fast since it is a light gray. All of the interior hardware has a silver color coating that rubs off after a year or so. They needed to put a dome light in the back seat area and not just the one placed under the rear view. They needed to put a AV outlet in the car for a I-pod.

My Doors will not Open
By luxiestar

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased my used Chevy Cobalt in December. The first time my door got stuck I thought it was my fault because the next day the doors open. Earlier this week my driver's side door got stuck again my dad went out and opened it with no problem. But again the next day the door was stuck again and my dad and I could not get it open. I was with some friends last night and both doors were stuck we both literally had to climb out of the window to get out. This is my the first car that I've ever bought. I've only had this car for a short time and I really need it to get back and forth from work. Gm really needs to do something about this problem because

Please General Motors please recall the doors on the Chevy Cobalt!

Best Car I Ever Owned
By tom abernathy

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently hit 200,000 miles on my 2006 Chevy Cobalt. The only thing I have had done to this vehicle is change the oil and tires. This is the best vehicle I have owned and I will continue to buy Chevrolet.

None

First car with no major flaws
By KHarris

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car now for almost a year and I LOVE it! It beats the Honda's I drove by far. I've had no major issues besides normal wear and tear. I am hoping that this keeps up as I am going to have this car for quite a while!

Love the color, love the set up of the interior. Its been the most reliable car I have had to date. I've put almost 25,000 in the first year of owning it and had no major issues!

Better quality interior. It seems like every time I try to shampoo the seats they just look dirtier. invest a little bit more on the interior then plastic parts, I put a new stereo system in and now all I can hear is plastic rattle!