2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews 3

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
2006 Cobalt LT Coupe
By shift2n on 06/18/11 13:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Good small car. Excellent value. Sticker price was $17,000. I bought this car because the price of the imports was $3000-$5000 more for a comparable Honda Civic. Don't always believe what the magazines and web sites tell you about any cars!!! I test drove a Civic and it was a dog in performance and handling as compared to the Cobalt. The exterior styling on the Cobalt was so much better, I could not believe people were paying that much for a Civic. After 60,000 miles, the only problems have been: 1. Key sticking-warranty. 2. Power steering pump recall - warranty. 3. Front wheel bearing noise-out of warranty. This car is fun to drive - not like our Honda Crv which is a chore to drive.

Sweetest bang for the buck
By joker42369 on 06/12/11 15:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I've had this car for a few months now, and love it more everyday. First off, the supercharger whine is simply addicting. Five speed manual is awesome, red and black seats; this car just rocks. I wanted one since the first time i saw one. So far, while beating on it constantly, i've gotten no problems, and 21-22 mpg CITY. And boy is it fast. 350z fast. Not to mention, the sport tuned suspension was derived testing at nurburgring, so it handles really good, even on crappy roads. As long as you can get used to a twitchy first gear and mad wheel hop (which i did) this car is perfect for the price. And i can look at it all day, just a beautiful car.

You get what you pay for
By kelcic on 05/25/11 22:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Cobalt for 5 years now, and I have put about 70,000 miles on it. Around 45,000, the brakes began failing. Around 60,000, the transmission began failing. Just recently, it has begun violently shaking whenever I brake or accelerate. The car has served me well, and I haven't had to replace anything yet. Once the transmission fails, though, the car is totalled. I have manual locks and windows, so I have not had any problems with the doors locking me in or out. This is a good car for first-time drivers, but if you want a long-lasting car, I would avoid the Cobalt.

The Car that Keeps on Going
By reneg78 on 03/22/11 14:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

First of I have to say I LOVE THIS CAR. I now work in an office, but before I use to drive the heck out this car on avg 800 miles/week delivering permits for the film industry. I've taken it on a little off road adventure up in the mountains. I've been in one accident and only had cosmetic damage. I've never had any problems with the car. I think the only problem I've had was that the battery on the key ring to unlock the car and trunk had to be replaced twice. But the car no problems. I've fixed the cosmetics, and recently had to buy new wheels but only because I slammed into a pot hole. But its a great car. I would buy another one and recommend to buy.

My Doors will not Open
By luxiestar on 03/11/11 10:09 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased my used Chevy Cobalt in December. The first time my door got stuck I thought it was my fault because the next day the doors open. Earlier this week my driver's side door got stuck again my dad went out and opened it with no problem. But again the next day the door was stuck again and my dad and I could not get it open. I was with some friends last night and both doors were stuck we both literally had to climb out of the window to get out. This is my the first car that I've ever bought. I've only had this car for a short time and I really need it to get back and forth from work. Gm really needs to do something about this problem because

Best Car I Ever Owned
By tom abernathy on 12/01/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently hit 200,000 miles on my 2006 Chevy Cobalt. The only thing I have had done to this vehicle is change the oil and tires. This is the best vehicle I have owned and I will continue to buy Chevrolet.

First car with no major flaws
By KHarris on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car now for almost a year and I LOVE it! It beats the Honda's I drove by far. I've had no major issues besides normal wear and tear. I am hoping that this keeps up as I am going to have this car for quite a while!

Not too sastified
By dstevens1204 on 10/31/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

i own a 2006 chevy cobalt lt coupe for 2 years now. pretty much, the main problem is that the cd player never want to work, the engine light keep coming off and on.

Very Nice Car!
By JD on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car today so I haven't had much time in it but after reading some of these reviews I will have to disagree. I think it's a great car! The radio sounds great, ample trunk room, quiet ride, great instrument panel, AC/heat works great, very comfortable, plenty of inside room (we had 4 big adults and a kid in a booster seat comfortably). Overall so far it seems like a very good car. Like I said though I've only had it a day but I'm really liking it. The gas mileage is a big seller as well! I have a feeling this has been a very good purchase!

Decent car for the price
By abgtbikes on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I drive this car everyday I used to put about 150 miles on it a day but the facts, brakes got pretty crape fast I bought new ones and the just went through them so fast, front end makes a lot of road noise, struts rattle a lot just had new ones put it and they still rattle, when you brake the steering wheel shakes as well as the car sometimes (might be the brakes who knows) insides cheap plastic has decent stereo in it. Not the fastest car but does pick up pretty quick its a fun little toy car that will start up for you everyday and give you the gas mileage you want. I'm not disappointed with this car its pretty good and worth the price