Used 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Good car to purchase for college student
By Key-Key

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The car handles and drives well and I love the way the speakers sound. I also love the fact that the radio will give you the name of the song playing. I also love the exterior appearance of the car. The best thing about this car is that it does not take up that much gas as I go from place to place. I purchased the car used and I have not had any problems out of it yet. I plan on having this car for year to come.

Favorite Features

I love the way the car looks on both the inside and the outside. I also love the way that the seats look in black. The car handles well and I love the sound system.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing that I think that can improve is the fact that whenever I drive into a tunnel the lights turn on and when I go out of the tunnel and cut the lights off the car makes a beeping noise.

Fun on a budget
By Jason

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I've had my Cobalt for almost a year now and I still love it everytime I get in the car. The leather seats are comfy, the interior is stylish, and with a push of the accelerator a big smile comes to my face as the supercharger begins to whine. The car has handles great and is perfect for a fun run through some twisties and surprisingly the ride isn't too bad. I've been on a few longer trips with the car and it was pretty comfortable. The Stock sound system sounds very good and the MP3 player reduces the need for changing cds. All of the controls are easy to reach and all displays are easy to read. All told this is a great car for those of you who want good fuel economy and fun.

Favorite Features

The sporty suspension and the 2.0 supercharged engine make this car a blast to drive. You can easily hang with a lot of cars with much bigger engines, it does all of this while being very easy on gas. I have averaged 33mpg on the highway.

Suggested Improvements

First gear is rather short and can be a pain in the but in traffic because you have to rev it pretty good to get the car going. Also the rear wing blocks most of your rear vision.

2006 SS Supercharged
By An0malous

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

An amazingly fun vehicle to drive. Put a cold air intake on this car, and it will howl and whine to the tune of your right foot. Handling and braking are superior, thanks to some very nice suspension, and a sticky set of pirelli Pzero tires. The potential of the peppy 2.0L engine is enhanced by aftermarket support by GM, covered under warranty, allowing you to comfortably reach 241hp. If you can control yourself to keep your foot out of it, it will reward you with a surprising 36-40mpg at highway speeds. Overall Im extremely happy with my '06 SS/supercharged Cobalt.

Favorite Features

Supercharger whine. Head turner.

Suggested Improvements

A little stronger clutch. Stronger axles.

2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged Ė A fun toy!
By JonyyB

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I had the car for one year now and 20,000 miles later, I love it as much as I did when I first drove one. So far, the car had only minor issues that were easily resolved by the dealer. Since the car is only in production 2005-2007, I am actually considering buying another one for my wife. This car is quick, fun, and brings excitement into any day! Itís a shame GM only kept the Supercharged Cobalt alive for 3 short years. I know I will keep mine for years to come.

Favorite Features

G85 performance package with the Recaro seats, sunroof, sound system.

Suggested Improvements

The car has room for improvements, but I honestly donít think anything needs significant improvement for me to point specifics Excellent car overall!

Best car to purchase
By hblmo115

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We owned a z24 Cavalier before we purchased this car and I like this car even more than my Cavalier. It is a excellent purchase. I love my Cobalt. Lots of room because we have two children and they don't complain about it like they did the Cavalier.

Favorite Features

Chrome detailing in car, and the way it handles

Suggested Improvements

None