2006 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Not all that
By JOI on 10/04/05 10:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Cobalt had a few recalls. The sedan is supossed to be a 5 seater. There is a cup holder in the middle of the floor in the rear making the car a 4 seater. The trunk is deep but not wide enough to load many things. The car looks spacoius but it isn't. This is a nice first time car not a family car.

Not what I thought
By Stacy on 09/22/05 14:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Although I initially loved the look of the car, I'm highly disappointed with the lack of visibility due to the high back and large blind spot on the driver's side. I feel unsafe driving the Cobalt because of this design. For the interior, the vents are poorly designed so that passengers do not get the air, either hot or cool, from them and this affects the defroster too. The pick-up and braking are great but the car could be lighter to improve gas mileage. My old Cavalier still gets better gas mileage than the Cobalt.

My Colbalt's Review
By Phillip A. Fivgas on 09/21/05 12:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I am first time buyer with little experience in car performance. However the Colbalt was a excellent buy as it performs great. It's got a great exterior design and the engine purrs, however Chevy can improve greatly in the interior design as well as offering more opinonal equipment as standard such as power windows and locks- but a great deal for the price.

2.4L SS is best
By Jeff804 on 09/18/05 10:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a acceptable car. My Jeep Cherokee (inline 6 cly) was only getting 14 mpg. I needed better mpg. for my 50 mile daily commute. Right now I am avg. 28mpg. and expect that to go up as engine is broken in. This car has some pep but nothing as exciting as Mitsubishi or Acura. Performance is good. Comfort is good for 100 miles but, I would not want to take a 500 mile trip in this car. Fun- to-Drive, the manual transmission was a lot more fun to drive than the automatic. It just felt like it had more "omph" in the manual trans. car. The SS supension is a lot of fun on winding turns but, big pot holes are definitely felt. Lt version suspension was much better for "in town" daily driving.

The "Zoom Zoom" of the American Cars
By Jeff Howard,Cpt,USAr on 09/07/05 17:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My expectations were not high at the outset when I purchased my new Cobalt LS. I thought I was buying another Chevy Cavalier for the good gas mileage. I was very wrong. Cobalt LS 2 door is beautiful to look at and fun to drive. The ride is exceptional and the handling is finer than any sports car I've ever driven. Accelleration is quick and braking is smooth and accurate. As for the gas mileage? I was expecting high 20s in the city and about 32 on the highway. Not so! I get a little heavy in the foot at times and still get 30-32 mpg in the city. On the highway? Step back! I'm consistently getting 37-38 mpg. WOW! Every seat is comfortable, and for a tall man, how could I possibly be happier? I've not found any room for improvement on a job well done. I've owned Fords, Buicks, Dodge cars and trucks, Chrysler cars and convertibles, Merkur Scorpios (very impressive car), and driven cars and trucks of every description. I've always found fault somewhere. Not so on the Chevy Cobalt coupe.

Great Car
By jkm777 on 09/07/05 09:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought my Cobalt LS on Aug. 30th and so far I'm really inpressed with this cars build quality. Iv'e owed 3 Hondas in the past and this Chevy really says something about GM's desire to compete with the foreign cars. Great styling, good gas mileage, great acceleration. Fit and finish is second to none. Very quiet & smooth ride.

I love this car
By scope on 09/07/05 01:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

If anyone belives the interior is cheap please check out the SS tuner. What a fun to drive head turner. Take one out for a spin and you will be sold. Also the tuner SS only comes in a five speed manual (need for speed)car. I never have to share it with anyone who cant drive a real car.

2.4L SS is sweet!
By Quick SS on 08/30/05 14:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

What a sweet car! The new Cobalt is a GREAT improvment over the Cavalier. The Cobalt has great looks inside and out is is really fun to drive. Have the first SS in the area and I'm getting all the looks!

Great car for the dollar
By david schenk on 08/30/05 11:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

What a surprise to pull into a gas station and fill up this vehicle! 38.4 miles to the gallon out on the highway. Wait until this car is broken in. I just saved 45 dollars a week in gas money. That's awesome. Keep it up Chevy

06 Cobalt
By Doug on 08/27/05 16:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I am impressed with the quiet ride of this car. I own 2 other Chevrolets and this one is the best riding car of them all. It is very solid and for a car in this price range, I am impressed. I bought it for fuel economy, and on my first long trip of about 500 miles, got over 32 mpg. I bought the stick shift and it is smooth and fun to drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.