2006 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Great so far
By Cathy on 11/22/05 09:58 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It drives and handles great. So far no problems. I have an automatic and I was driving a 5 speed so that part is better. It is good on gas.

Poor Gas Mileage
By Don stroud on 11/15/05 03:17 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Gas mileage is poor from 19.6 miles to the gallon in city driving.To 23 miles to the gallon driving on the open road.

Great family car
By lifeartist on 11/03/05 16:42 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The Chevy Cobalt is a great family car that gets terrific mileage. It is a comfortable ride, and the quiet steel exterior is a real plus, there is little outside 'road noise'.

the new Chevy Cobalt
By nolan on 10/30/05 09:55 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my new Cobalt this summer and was impressed with the comfort while driving and it's easy handling. It has a very smooth ride and great acceleration. Also the trunk space is huge. It is a great car!

2005 Cobalt is great !!
By Jon B on 10/22/05 11:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Pretty good car. Does not get the fuel economy that I expected but very good design, and the 2.2 Ecotec engine runs great.

Great second car
By John on 10/17/05 23:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my gas guzzler after gas topped $3 a gallon. I needed a car that averaged atleast mid 20's to a gallon. After some serching and not wanting a 4 door the cobalt was my choice. I got the LT version for 18,000 including taxes. So far the car has performed well, but did have a paint peeling issue on the front bumper, which they repaired. There is nothing to jump up and down for on this car, it's transportation. It's basic wheels.

Yee-Haw
By nitehawk on 10/17/05 10:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought my Cobalt SS over the weekend, so haven't had it long enough to give it a true rating on gas mileage or reliabilty. That being said, car is great looking and fun to drive, and for what you get, the price can't be beat. Not an econobox, roomy interior (I'm 6 ft tall) up front, good handling and performance. Pioneer 200 watt stereo with sub-woofer is awesome. Good sized trunk, sunroof, this car has everything. With my trade- in (98 Mustang conv. V-6) GM rebate ($1000) and dealer discount, drove it away for $16,400.....unbeleivable. One note, I noticed that Chevy says the center console-armrest is not an option on this model (only on the LT & LTZ), yet mine has one?

Overall, well-built car
By Blake Brown on 10/13/05 22:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Very exciting car to drive. I wake up every morning excited that I get to take a trip in it to school or work. Everybody who sits in my car thinks it very comfortable and likes it a lot. Lot of comments from strangers.

Great Car
By David S. on 10/13/05 14:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Both my wife and I just got Cobalts (one each). She went from a Cavalier I came from a Jeep (I miss my Jeep). I do have to say that this is one of the smoothest drives I have ever had. The interior is excellent and the mileage is nuts!!!

As good as the imports
By al on 10/12/05 20:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased my new Colbalt in Feb. Already have a 2004 Saturn ION and even though I like the ION very much it is no comparison to the Cobalt. This car is solid inside and out no squecks or rattles and a great attention to detail. Without a doubt the most quiet economy car I have been in. GM keep up the good work America will eventually figure it out.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.