2006 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
My new Toy
By Tonya on 01/18/06 11:23 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle Dec '05 with 4 miles on it. I cannot say enough about the '06 Cobalt. I truly love it. Its handling, the way it looks, warranties, etc. It was the best purchase I have ever made. And talk about great fuel economy. My household has 2 people driving this 1 vehicle and we still only fill up 1x/wk for about $25.00. The insurance is awesome too. I recommend this vehicle to everyone!

Extreme Fun
By Ed Dunleavy on 01/16/06 00:38 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I was looking for a fun, affordable, good gas mileage car, built in the USA. I found it. My experience driving this car has been a blast! Quick,agile, always willing and wanting to play.

What a Great Car!
By Evan on 01/14/06 11:55 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

This was my first brand new car, but I've driven a lot of cars over the years. This car is a blast to drive. Great, strong engine should give years of dependable service. Comfortable front seats, back seats may be a bit small, but 98% of the time, I'm the only one in the car. This car gets decent mileage for being a S/C 4-cyl. With my aggressive style, I'm getting mid-20s.

Don't listen to the negative press...
By Cobalt_fan on 01/05/06 18:07 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I started car shopping by looking at and driving everything I could get my hands on. I wanted to spend as little as possible and get a substantial car. I drove a lot of cars. I even drove a Civic. I'm sick of hearing how great a Civic is! The Cobalt drives great for a lot less, especially with GM rebates factored in. I guess if the car was the same price as the Civic, I would be more forgiving. But this Cobalt can be bought for less (thousands), and is just a great car all around. For the money, the Cobalt is a good buy. Honda is doing just fine. Throw GM a bone, they finally have given us a good small car that can be proudly called American.

Gas Mileage
By Don Stroud on 12/30/05 04:20 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Getting 14 to 22 miles to the gallon of gas. Have taken vehicle back to dealer and they say they cannot do any thing about the problem because there are no codes showing. GM will not even talk about the gas mileage.

Wow
By Sean Jonas on 12/29/05 13:47 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven literally hundreds of cars, and this Cobalt has the quietest interior of all. Combine that with the MUST HAVE pioneer stereo system, the electronic assist steering and the constant looks with the Blue Granite paint, what you get is the best car in the price range period. Fantastic cornering, is one feature North American cars have been lacking but not in the Cobalt. Fun Fun Fun

One of the best cars to own
By Jacob Hughes on 12/17/05 04:07 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I have owned the car for a while now, and find that is a fun little car to drive. I am loving the gas mileage that the car gets. The purchasing of the car was fairly simple, and the dealership gave me the best price around. I have had one minor problem, but the dealership took care of the problem. I have not had any problems from the car since. I think that it is a totally reliable car. I would reccommend a car like this to anyone who wants good gas mileage and a car that is fun to drive.

2006 Cobalt SS coupe, victory red
By Brian on 12/14/05 00:54 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

So far my experience with this vehicle has been great. It is fast, great on gas, and rides much better than I ever thought an American car would. Prior to this car I had always bought foreign cars but this vehicle blew mw away with its quality and performance for the price.

So Far Love It!
By Vin on 12/04/05 08:53 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I owned many new cars over my life. The Cobalt had one of the best build qualities of any of them. The Cobalt is a very solid well built car, GM has there act together on this one. I've owned it for 2 months now and have yet to find anything wrong. The car's ride is solid, the interior is very comfortable and the fuel economy is averaging 24 city 31 hwy. I'm not complaining since my last car was averaging 13. The MP-3 stereo with the pioneer speaker system has a sound that has to be heard. I could drive this car for hours. It's fun to drive and very sporty to look at. The trunk is enormous. I would suggest the Cobalt to anyone looking for a solid car.

I like it
By Dennis on 12/04/05 06:55 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a little better gas mileage than my 99 Taurus, and since I work for a Chevy dealer the Cobalt was my choice. I really like my SS so far(pretty low miles at this point). I was worried about visibility out the back, but it hasn't been a problem. Visibility is one of my biggest complaints about GM cars in general. I drove A LS for a week before getting my SS. I was suprised how different the two models are. The LT rides better and is far quieter on the road, so if this is important to you I would drive them both before buying. The Cobalt drives and feels like a bigger car. My gas mileage at 400 miles is 24.9. not too bad, but hoping it goes up a little. very nice car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.