Used 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Awesome car!
By Darkonyx

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for a while now, and have driven it quite a bit. I would commute 200 miles a day in it and no problems at all. Good gas mileage for what the car offers and plenty of pep in its step. The shift broke about 12k miles into it, dealer fixed under warranty no problem. Fun to drive and plenty of room. Back seat int he coupe is a little small for an adult but plenty for children. I even had a car back into at about 15mph and all it did was scratch my paint on the front bumper! I love this car, and you cant beat the quality for the price!

Favorite Features

Stereo, handling, engine

Suggested Improvements

Interior quality

Love It
By SSCharged

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

The Cobalt is one of my favorite cars, and thats why I bought it. The supercharger is awesome, and the many things you can do to this car. It's very affordable.

Favorite Features

Supercharged. Colored inserts. Aftermarket

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the wheel hop. Use better materials for interior

Vic Red Cobalt
By Lar

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Fun little car, great gas mileage, very peppy for the price. Ability to get on the Interstate (merge w/70 MPH traffic) even though it is only a 4- cylinder sold me.

Favorite Features

Sleek design, very decent acceleration, and great gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

More rattle free. Interior rattles

Cobalt SS 2.4
By xbalt06x

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car since January and I can't be any happier. The ride is perfect, some say its cheap with interior, not in this SS model. the 2.4 vvt engine puts out a lot of power for a non supercharged Cobalt. This would be one of the best cars under $20,000. It's a great buy and I could not be happier. Great car, looks amazing, and performs with great gas mileage. Go Chevy!

Favorite Features

Power of VVT engine.Comfortable ride. Pioneer system

Suggested Improvements

None

Great car for the Price
By Dan P.

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for over a year and it's been a solid performer. I've only had one issue (warped rotors) and they were replaced under warranty. I get great gas mileage, especially on the highway. The car is a blast to drive and really gets up and goes. You'll have a hard time finding a car with as much torque and power as this one has for the price (and for being a naturally aspirated 4 cylinder).

Favorite Features

This car sold me on the styling and the motor. The car looks great in my opinion. But more importantly, this is a solid motor and drivetrain. It really performs. The motor is advanced for the market and when tweaked with aftermarket parts, really responds even more.

Suggested Improvements

The only complaint I could ever have is the interior. GM, Chevrolet especially, is known for lesser quality when it comes to interior. While this interior is better than the J-Body line that the Cobalt replaces, it could have been refined a little more.